Why are things so bad for all Florida teams?

If the deniers are correct then there are no players on UCF, S FL, FIU or FAU that could play for the U. Nice to know since FIU beat us last year and UCF had an undefeated season and continues to improve...But it is just coaching...sigh! No, our glass is half empty and half full attitude isn't enough for wins.

Advertisement
Maybe the ACC isn't that great of a conference to play in? I mean Miami getting 20k at games. If I was a kid I would want to play in a conference or a school where football means everything and stadiums sell out regardless of who you're playing. Also the OLine play is absolutely horrendous for Miami and FSU. Maybe need to go into the central states and grab some corn fed country boys to hold the line..

Poor coaching hires
Bad recruiting

UF is doing a little better than us & FSU but their ceiling with Mullen is a 8/9 win team because he can't recruit & is a **** OC without gamebreaking talent

Things aren't that bad for UF, they are 33-11 under Mullen, I would gladly take that here. As for us and Florida State, I've always had a weird theory that the coaching and school system in Florida is building terrible habits and we end up recruiting a lot of these players. SEC, Clemson and Ohio state pick clean the players won't dont have these issues. I personally would start recruiting nothing but hard working lunch pale type of players who have at least a 2.5 GPA. I think we can get to 9 -10 wins a year with these type of players and then can start going after the blue chippers
Most D1 kids ARE hard working and generally have good GPA's.

If you want to start recruiting 5'9" "lunch pail" types who run 4.9 forties that's not going to win this games at this level. Doesn't matter how hard they work. We need elite athletes.

Most D1 kids ARE hard working and generally have good GPA's.

If you want to start recruiting 5'9" "lunch pail" types who run 4.9 forties that's not going to win this games at this level. Doesn't matter how hard they work. We need elite athletes.
Not sure how you got 5'9 players with 4.9 forties when I brought up lunch pale type of players.

Advertisement
We should never battle the Louisiana Techs, UCFs, and other mid major programs over any recruit. I think its just every Top Program recruits here as well. If all those schools are picking off a recruit here and a recruit there, AND were not getting choice number 1 of who weve decided to focus on.. well our second choice is probably not available and choices 3 and 4 are probably not that good. We have to Identify our recruits early on and stay on them consistently.
If the big 12 stays a p5 team and ucf does well there, it’ll certainly hurt us if we continue to suck and refuse to hire a quality hc. Richt was past his prime and wouldn’t change the o so as much as he did with getting the indoor practice facility, he wasnt great and he brought manny here which is on par with Shannon as a hc.

If the deniers are correct then there are no players on UCF, S FL, FIU or FAU that could play for the U. Nice to know since FIU beat us last year and UCF had an undefeated season and continues to improve...But it is just coaching...sigh! No, our glass is half empty and half full attitude isn't enough for wins.
Did someone say not one kid on those teams could play for UM? There are TY Hilton and Borregales types who make it or who develop. We’re recruiting higher level classes than those schools.

FIU beat us because the guy you seem to be willing to give more time to from your own poll thread if he can win out - CoRch Slip-n-Slide - is not a good coach. No good coach loses that game.

Advertisement
Back