Why are things so bad for all Florida teams?

fraggle

Senile Senior
With so many teams dipping into the talent pool in Florida it was inevitable quality would slip. The reality is that UCF, FAU, FIU and South Florida have siphoned off what would've been depth for Miami, FSU and Florida. We abhor what has happened to the U but reality is so have FSU and Florida declined. Is it any wonder why Jimbo and Mark bailed out of their coaching here in Florida. Something is remiss, I think Mark thought he could revive our program but then he realized things have really change in the scope of available talent to distribute amongst the 3 major universities. Throw in the fact that all of college football recognizes the talent pool and dip into it to the avail of our Florida teams. Even teams like Louisiana Tech had talented players from South Florida, as a matter of fact the stars on many of the teams we play are from Florida. It is no secret where teams should come to get star athletes at the skill positions.
Another factor, I am in Orlando and watch a local high school team play a pretty open schedule. A small school that scrambles to schedule games. They recently played a private school team from Miami. This Miami team was stacked with talent yet struggled to beat this well coached Orlando team. They should've slaughtered the Orlando team, yet as they struggled they talked smack the whole game which they did win by a TD.
When I lived in Fort Lauderdale I was involved with several local teams where I did video and attended practices. The teams I associated with were well coached therefore I wonder if coaching on the high school level has declined? Perhaps someone can answer. Also you have IMG and STA that recruit and the players they coach end up on the national scene which again dilutes the talent pool. I am sure there are scouts at every IMG and STA game so do they also scout the traditional schools as much as they used to? Is getting decent high school coaches out of the reach of a struggling economy?
My comments here are directed to search out the reason the decline has been for all three of the traditional Universities in Florida, not just Miami. If we can figure out why FSU and Florida have declined it would benefit future decisions made by the U.
There are no easy answers, the environment has changed and adjustments have to be made and firing coach after coach is not working so what will work?

Advertisement
We should never battle the Louisiana Techs, UCFs, and other mid major programs over any recruit. I think its just every Top Program recruits here as well. If all those schools are picking off a recruit here and a recruit there, AND were not getting choice number 1 of who weve decided to focus on.. well our second choice is probably not available and choices 3 and 4 are probably not that good. We have to Identify our recruits early on and stay on them consistently.

With so many teams dipping into the talent pool in Florida it was inevitable quality would slip. The reality is that UCF, FAU, FIU and South Florida have siphoned off what would've been depth for Miami, FSU and Florida. We abhor what has happened to the U but reality is so have FSU and Florida declined. Is it any wonder why Jimbo and Mark bailed out of their coaching here in Florida. Something is remiss, I think Mark thought he could revive our program but then he realized things have really change in the scope of available talent to distribute amongst the 3 major universities. Throw in the fact that all of college football recognizes the talent pool and dip into it to the avail of our Florida teams. Even teams like Louisiana Tech had talented players from South Florida, as a matter of fact the stars on many of the teams we play are from Florida. It is no secret where teams should come to get star athletes at the skill positions.
Another factor, I am in Orlando and watch a local high school team play a pretty open schedule. A small school that scrambles to schedule games. They recently played a private school team from Miami. This Miami team was stacked with talent yet struggled to beat this well coached Orlando team. They should've slaughtered the Orlando team, yet as they struggled they talked smack the whole game which they did win by a TD.
When I lived in Fort Lauderdale I was involved with several local teams where I did video and attended practices. The teams I associated with were well coached therefore I wonder if coaching on the high school level has declined? Perhaps someone can answer. Also you have IMG and STA that recruit and the players they coach end up on the national scene which again dilutes the talent pool. I am sure there are scouts at every IMG and STA game so do they also scout the traditional schools as much as they used to? Is getting decent high school coaches out of the reach of a struggling economy?
My comments here are directed to search out the reason the decline has been for all three of the traditional Universities in Florida, not just Miami. If we can figure out why FSU and Florida have declined it would benefit future decisions made by the U.
There are no easy answers, the environment has changed and adjustments have to be made and firing coach after coach is not working so what will work?
Easy answer...they have sh1tty administrations that hire sh1tty coaches

Advertisement
FSU and Miami suck. UF is decent but not great. Like early 2000s.

If FSU and Miami would look the part, UF would be doing better just because of the rivalry.

And yes, having 25 universities picking the elite talent out of your state contributes.

Poor coaching choices, lack of development, schools administration not caring enough about football, Recruiting problems and so much more. It is going to continue until someone comes in and demands change.

Advertisement
We're not losing our depth to UCF and the like.
Our practices used to be tougher than the games as our depth was so deep, now we can't field a solid team...that is lack of depth. So these multiple universities sucking up talent are not a factor????

Last edited:
Here’s why:

- Porous Coaching
- Average to below average QB play
- Substandard recruiting
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
We're not losing our depth to UCF and the like.
I mean Rumph did go head to head with UCF 2 cycles ago for a CB (Brown?) and lost. I think that's the point though. Our coaching has been so bad that our recruiting has been subpar. Not to mention the high bust rate for the kids we do get.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back