Why am I not surprised? Alabama's reach knows no bounds.

drewm3i

Junior
Parkway (Bossier City, La.) principal Waylon Bates has relieved David Feaster of his duties as the Panthers head football coach after six seasons.

Feaster, who recently resumed teaching duties, is still employed by the school.

“Coach Feaster and I do not share the same philosophy or vision for Parkway High School athletics,” Bates said in a statement.

Feaster and Parkway recently received national attention for a banishment of Alabama football coaches from Parkway’s campus, although Crimson Tide coaches have been unwelcome for more than one year, as Feaster first told local radio host Tim Fletcher in 2015.

School officials felt Feaster, who tops Parkway’s all-time wins list at 59-17, was “not the spokesperson of Parkway High School.”

Feaster felt Alabama head football coach Nick Saban and his assistants mishandled the recruiting of former Parkway and LSU quarterback Brandon Harris.

“I will never allow Alabama in our field house ever again,” Fester told The Tim Fletcher Show in November of 2015.

The Alabama dust-up came to light again this week when Feaster reiterated his thoughts about Alabama with Fletcher and called Alabama football “unethical” on a Baton Rouge radio station (104.5 FM ESPN).

The current Parkway administration didn’t take kindly to the attention and felt Fester was “undermining” school officials and potentially hurting other Panthers athletes who could be recruited by Alabama.

“Coaches work at the pleasure of the principal and it was the decision of the administration to make a change in Parkway’s football program and go in a different direction,” Scott Smith, superintendent of Bossier Parish Schools said.

La. football coach who banned Alabama coaches from campus fired by school | | USA Today High School Sports

Advertisement
Parkway (Bossier City, La.) principal Waylon Bates has relieved David Feaster of his duties as the Panthers head football coach after six seasons.

Feaster, who recently resumed teaching duties, is still employed by the school.

“Coach Feaster and I do not share the same philosophy or vision for Parkway High School athletics,” Bates said in a statement.

Feaster and Parkway recently received national attention for a banishment of Alabama football coaches from Parkway’s campus, although Crimson Tide coaches have been unwelcome for more than one year, as Feaster first told local radio host Tim Fletcher in 2015.

School officials felt Feaster, who tops Parkway’s all-time wins list at 59-17, was “not the spokesperson of Parkway High School.”

Feaster felt Alabama head football coach Nick Saban and his assistants mishandled the recruiting of former Parkway and LSU quarterback Brandon Harris.

“I will never allow Alabama in our field house ever again,” Fester told The Tim Fletcher Show in November of 2015.

The Alabama dust-up came to light again this week when Feaster reiterated his thoughts about Alabama with Fletcher and called Alabama football “unethical” on a Baton Rouge radio station (104.5 FM ESPN).

The current Parkway administration didn’t take kindly to the attention and felt Fester was “undermining” school officials and potentially hurting other Panthers athletes who could be recruited by Alabama.

“Coaches work at the pleasure of the principal and it was the decision of the administration to make a change in Parkway’s football program and go in a different direction,” Scott Smith, superintendent of Bossier Parish Schools said.

La. football coach who banned Alabama coaches from campus fired by school | | USA Today High School Sports

Poor BAMA, big victim here.

And, LMAO @ "working at the pleasure of the principal."

Coaches are there to service the kids and work in their best interests.

Whether the principal did this independently of Bama or not makes no difference to me.

As long as it furthers the narrative that Satan and Bama are scheming, manipulative KKK slimeballs, I'm all for it.

Wow is right. Guy trying to right by the kids and gets canned. Looks like the Bama bagman will get involved on any level. It's gonna be great when we kick those wannabe Canes off their perch and reclaim our spot at the top. Little Nicky will either have a coronary or retire.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Thank god for location. We don't have bama's money and we don't have their creepy ability to make legal matters disappear or get HS coaches fired. If it weren't for SFL being the epicenter of football talent we'd be completely screwed.

This is Principal Bates. Definitely a bag friendly target. Greasy white dude named Waylon. Game over.

Waylon-Bates-e1465930258224.jpg

Advertisement
Bama is trying to steal 4-star QB Justin Rogers & 5-star WR Terrace Marshall from Parkway.

That's the only reason why all this controversy is going on, because LSU & TCU are fighting like **** over both of those prospects, and Bama doesn't want to get cut out of the bidding war.

Advertisement
****, my man got fired.. not just spoken to or reprimanded, he got fired! Just wow. The principal and the coach are both packing them bags.. one with money and the other with clothes. Coach should have known better. If satan can get gun charges thrown out in his rivals home state, he can **** sure get a high school coach thrown out.
Man, *** that ****. I wouldn't want to win that way. I'd much rather win with player bounties and such than having a dude who can slow the earths rotation and ****.

Advertisement
Back