Whose Idea Was It To Hire Diaz, Exactly?

Not completely sure on this one, but my sense is that Epstein was being made a bit of the culprit to deflect blame from Manny Sr., Blake and other BOT members. David is actually a fan, unlike the majority of the BOT

@nycane @Cribby Any insight?
Someone backed it and it definitely wasn’t Dimare, Soffer, and Miller. From my understanding the 4 names mentioned are the big dawgs. Mas could be considered one but never in a million years.

Advertisement
Someone backed it and it definitely wasn’t Dimare, Soffer, and Miller. From my understanding the 4 names mentioned are the big dawgs. Mas could be considered one but never in a million years.

I agree with you, my only point is that I dont *think* the guilty one is Epstein.

Blake. That way he has someone who's loyal to him and he can keep his maniacal, egotistical style of leadership.

Blake James does what's best for Blake James.

From 247: There are three deep pocket boosters/board of trustees members that are believed to be pushing for a run at Cristobal: Jose Mas, Marcus Lemons, and attorney John Ruiz.

Add them to the list with Soffer. Money will be spent especially if the Mas boys are involved.

If that's the case, seems like career suicide to go from hiring a coaching vet like Richt who averaged 9-10 wins a season at UGA, to a career journeyman defensive coRchinator like Diaz.

Now I'm not defending James, but the whole process just seemed bizarre to me.
BJ knew we couldn’t afford another coach of Richt’s caliber.

Advertisement
Wasn't the story the Blake James made a unilateral decision after Manny said you need to decide right now?

I seem to recall that's why they were tied at the hip.

In one breath I've read it was all BJ...in another breath I've also read that it was influential members of the BOT that wanted Diaz and BJ acquiesced...who did it? LOL

A mix of both.

James had a relationship with Diaz and he was clever enough to saddle up next to BoT member who were also pro-Diaz and tight with his pops.

Like playing one parent against the other; get the one on board with your cause to help you case-build and then go around the other, or get them on board.

@Sebastianspipe Epstein backed it? lol
False and Jackie Soffer is the board member, not Carol. Jackie is her daughter. Epstein didn't ok anything, dude was in Europe and Blake announced Richt resignation and Manny hiring within 9 hours.

Carol has been a fan since the 80's and Miami was using her for booster money in the 90's. Old man Soffer of Aventura treated her like **** and divorced her but the money kept flowing. Jeff used the money for mom to give the donation, but make no mistake, she is only a booster and Jackie is not a high influence BOT member. Shalala politicked for her to get on the BOT so the Soffer money would continue to flow. Anyone who doubts that just needs to go to Turnberry and play golf, you'll see the troll with Carol getting free merch in the pro shop and playing golf.

Advertisement
Epstein has one of the closest relationships to his father out of all the BOT. Soffer, Miller, and Dimare definitely wouldn’t have ok’d it. They want Mario. That only leaves Epstein.
Mario was not coming with Blake James as AD. Epstein was at the presser as athletic guy
Not completely sure on this one, but my sense is that Epstein was being made a bit of the culprit to deflect blame from Manny Sr., Blake and other BOT members. David is actually a fan, unlike the majority of the BOT

@nycane @Cribby Any insight?
Correct, because he was the athletics liaison, Blake went totally rogue in hiring Manny the same night Richt resigned.

David Epstein is the reason Miami ponied up and at least made some commitment with Richt paying him and his staff. David Epstein is the reason behnd the scenes we have an indoor as without him and Mark Richt, there is no facility.

Facts are Mario was there in 2015 and 2018 but in no way shape or form was he working for Blake because baby boy Blake was butt hurt he left Al Golden to coach with Saban. Big boy decision that little boy Blake cried about.

Mario is a much better coach now and the timing is right, Blake is out, etc.

From 247: There are three deep pocket boosters/board of trustees members that are believed to be pushing for a run at Cristobal: Jose Mas, Marcus Lemons, and attorney John Ruiz.

Add them to the list with Soffer. Money will be spent especially if the Mas boys are involved.
The one time $20 million investment for all the buyouts, staff members, etc is pocket change if that comes from all of these boosters. Mas is a billionaire, Ruiz is or is about to be. Lemonis has plenty, I've read that the Soffers would pay Mario's buyout themselves..

Just need some commitment from the school to pay the increased salary for the HC, the assistants, and make additional investments year over year for recruiting and operations. I'm sure the boosters will continue to off-set that too.

I'm not gonna believe it until I see it but the people involved right now have enough resources to buyout Mario's buyout 20 times over. I don't think the buck stops with getting rid of Manny and getting Mario... these guys have a lot bigger intentions. These names and their involvement screams more than that.

Mario was not coming with Blake James as AD. Epstein was at the presser as athletic guy

Correct, because he was the athletics liaison, Blake went totally rogue in hiring Manny the same night Richt resigned.

David Epstein is the reason Miami ponied up and at least made some commitment with Richt paying him and his staff. David Epstein is the reason behnd the scenes we have an indoor as without him and Mark Richt, there is no facility.

Facts are Mario was there in 2015 and 2018 but in no way shape or form was he working for Blake because baby boy Blake was butt hurt he left Al Golden to coach with Saban. Big boy decision that little boy Blake cried about.

Mario is a much better coach now and the timing is right, Blake is out, etc.
Blake did not go rogue. That’s completely false and it’s already been posted all over the place. Someone high up backed and everything goes straight to Epstein because the Soffers were adamant about Mario. They didn’t care about Blake little ****** relationship. He would’ve been fired back in ‘18 if that was the case.

Some of those BOT members are even still trying to advocate for Manny.

Advertisement
It's a scary question because the answer is EVERYBODY. Blake, Walking ****** Rudy Fernandez, and almost the entire BOT.

The school cannot and will not recognize what a good HC is and should therefore not be involved in this HC hire IN ANY WAY.

The one time $20 million investment for all the buyouts, staff members, etc is pocket change if that comes from all of these boosters. Mas is a billionaire, Ruiz is or is about to be. Lemonis has plenty, I've read that the Soffers would pay Mario's buyout themselves..

Just need some commitment from the school to pay the increased salary for the HC, the assistants, and make additional investments year over year for recruiting and operations. I'm sure the boosters will continue to off-set that too.

I'm not gonna believe it until I see it but the people involved right now have enough resources to buyout Mario's buyout 20 times over. I don't think the buck stops with getting rid of Manny and getting Mario... these guys have a lot bigger intentions. These names and their involvement screams more than that.

Under Donna and the BOT members she added, they did not want sports to get too powerful. There might be another scandal that would damage her chances in Congress, plus the Harvard of the South doesnt really care about sports. And not to be overlooked, Manny Diaz Sr. is the head of the Florida Democratic Party (you guys can put 2+2). The good news is that the folks you listed and others dont give a mierda/drek/dung about all of that, they want to WIN.

Advertisement
the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF
absolutely, who gives a chit!

Blake did not go rogue. That’s completely false and it’s already been posted all over the place. Someone high up backed and everything goes straight to Epstein because the Soffers were adamant about Mario. They didn’t care about Blake little ****** relationship. He would’ve been fired back in ‘18 if that was the case.

Some of those BOT members are even still trying to advocate for Manny.
The Soffers do not have the pull to make these decisions which you answered yourself by saying they wanted Mario and Blake would have been fired. Why didn't that happen?

Blake did go rogue. Mario would never work for Blake James. Now that Blake James is gone, Mario will have a decision to make and those conversations are ongoing.

The Soffers do not have the pull to make these decisions which you answered yourself by saying they wanted Mario and Blake would have been fired. Why didn't that happen?

Blake did go rogue. Mario would never work for Blake James. Now that Blake James is gone, Mario will have a decision to make and those conversations are ongoing.
No, Soffer was going to pay the buyout. The Columbus cliche was just as involved and had the power with Stewart Miller. Blake went around them with backing of other members. Epstein supposedly gave the ok. Blake didn’t go rogue hence why he wasn’t fired. It’s already been announced that those same ******* idiots are still backing diaz even with the other idiot fired. You are already late.

Advertisement
Back