Whose Idea Was It To Hire Diaz, Exactly?

In one breath I've read it was all BJ...in another breath I've also read that it was influential members of the BOT that wanted Diaz and BJ acquiesced...who did it? LOL

Advertisement
Sounds like it was Blake putting pressure on the BOT to make a quick decision. Manny put the classic sales job on Blake and he bit on it. I would have done the same thing if this was my dream job.

the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF

Blake and other lower end BOT went around the Soffers and other high ranking members like Stuart Miller. I heard it was OK’d because Epstein backed it as well.

The problem is that a lot of the newer members don’t know what it takes to win in sports and think investing in the new shiny sparkling idea can replace what’s worked for years like in business. Unfortunately, sports don’t work like that. Innovation in sports usually has a foundation that was built by the past.

Advertisement
Blake and other lower end BOT went around the Soffers and other high ranking members like Stuart Miller. I heard it was OK’d because Epstein backed it as well.

The problem is that a lot of the newer members don’t know what it takes to win in sports and think investing in the new shiny sparkling idea can replace what’s worked for years like in business. Unfortunately, sports don’t work like that. Innovation in sports usually has a foundation that was built by the past.

All because of that God Damned Turnover Chain

I hope that crap is gone

Advertisement

If that's the case, seems like career suicide to go from hiring a coaching vet like Richt who averaged 9-10 wins a season at UGA, to a career journeyman defensive coRchinator like Diaz.

Now I'm not defending James, but the whole process just seemed bizarre to me.

If that's the case, seems like career suicide to go from hiring a coaching vet like Richt who averaged 9-10 wins a season at UGA, to a career journeyman defensive coRchinator like Diaz.

Now I'm not defending James, but the whole process just seemed bizarre to me.
I don’t know what he was thinking either. If anything we had leverage. The year before we were blowing out ND and we’re on the path to finish the season in the top 4. Somebody big would’ve taken the job and Mario publicly chased it and it was a win win for him either way.

You guys are gonna really love the fact that one of our biggest boosters wanted lane the first go around, but Blake went with manny royally ****ing off said booster.

Now that same person wants lane again like no ones business, but another certain person whom you all can guess who wants Mario with that same desire.

Take with a grain of salt, but thought I’d share what I’ve heard. The plot thickens.

Advertisement

@Sebastianspipe Epstein backed it? lol

You guys are gonna really love the fact that one of our biggest boosters wanted lane the first go around, but Blake went with manny royally ****ing off said booster.

Now that same person wants lane again like no ones business, but another certain person whom you all can guess who wants Mario with that same desire.

Take with a grain of salt, but thought I’d share what I’ve heard. The plot thickens.
No. Those rollers wanted Mario and they still do. Whoever is floating around Lane is either A) not as big of a guy as you think or B) is keeping his card close to the vest in the hopes Mario doesn’t take the job, which IMO it would be a mistake to bring Lane here.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Jorge Mas. Jorge Mas seems like a Kiffin type of guy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No, all because of a flawed defense that had its flaws hidden by the plethora of NFL guys we fielded those first 3 years.
I was meaning Blake and the BOT was dazzled by the turnover chain and marketing component

Fool’s gold

I’m so afraid that Miami will be Miami and hire some AD puppet stooge who will keep Manny for another year. Reading that Gino Toretta is a candidate proves to me that this city will never learn from their past mistakes.

Epstein has one of the closest relationships to his father out of all the BOT. Soffer, Miller, and Dimare definitely wouldn’t have ok’d it. They want Mario. That only leaves Epstein.

Not completely sure on this one, but my sense is that Epstein was being made a bit of the culprit to deflect blame from Manny Sr., Blake and other BOT members. David is actually a fan, unlike the majority of the BOT

@nycane @Cribby Any insight?

I’m so afraid that Miami will be Miami and hire some AD puppet stooge who will keep Manny for another year. Reading that Gino Toretta is a candidate proves to me that this city will never learn from their past mistakes.
There’s no way Gino can seriously be a candidate. What’s his qualifications? Zo at least was a VP of operations and an AGM. He’s helped run and budget professional teams.

Gino runs an asset management company. Nowhere near the kind of operation Zo has run.

Advertisement
Back