Who would you draft first?

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
I've seen various predictions, and it got me thinking: Who would you draft first, Olivier Vernon or Marcus Forston?

IMO, it's Vernon in a walk.

Advertisement
Vernon.

I got no idea how a man will react once he comes upon money (except Haynesworth...Larry knows a bum when he sees a bum that's that much of a bum)...but Forston...man, that boy looks like not one **** will ever be given about anything in life, and I've never seen an ounce of play from him that tells me he'll be anything less than a lazy flake. But then again, some men react differently when they really have to get their family out of the ghetto. We'll see on Forston, but I'd take my chances with Vernon.

Ain't no reason why Vernon can't be a slower Mark Anderson at the very minimum, and maybe more.

Last edited:
I've seen various predictions, and it got me thinking: Who would you draft first, Olivier Vernon or Marcus Forston?

I guess my question is, why would anyone draft Forston first?

The only reason would be the value of the position versus the abundance of tweeners available. You'd have to give ME a draft pick to select Marcus, though. Watch him stand straight up at the snap and assume something good is going to happen because he's big and fast. That's his mentality in a nutshell.

Advertisement
Fortson is garbage... I never knew why he had so much hype coming out of high school in the 1st place... i went to a few of those games and he didn't do chit.... The best DT on that northwestern team was #95....

I guess my question is, why would anyone draft Forston first?

The only reason would be the value of the position versus the abundance of tweeners available. You'd have to give ME a draft pick to select Marcus, though. Watch him stand straight up at the snap and assume something good is going to happen because he's big and fast. That's his mentality in a nutshell.

And even factoring in the value of the position, I've just got to think that there would be someone else at that position that had more of a chance than Forston. Basically,even if given a pick, I'm not sure I'd draft that dude.

Advertisement
Forston still hasn't developed physically. He looks like he's still carrying that 'baby weight', like he did as a TF.

I mean he just looks physically soft out there. As physically imposing as a high school senior IMO.

I expect Vernon to become a very good 3-4 OLB, maybe even a few Pro Bowls. I'm not sure Forston will be a professional football player for very long.

Advertisement
I expect Vernon to become a very good 3-4 OLB, maybe even a few Pro Bowls. I'm not sure Forston will be a professional football player for very long.

This.

I got into it on the canes time fb board with some folks in this thread back two + years ago when I asked why people thought forston was such a good prospect (some folks were discussing him as a potential EE first round pick at the time). I said it then -- Marcus was and has always been overrated. He's quick, but not that big, strong or explosive, and he just doesn't have the type of motor or heart you need at DT. That type of deficiency doesn't change. He ain't Wilfork or nick James, either. Not that big, not that strong, not that consistent, not that much drive = very average. He'll get chewed up in the League.

Vernon, agree with my friend Swagger. Think he has a high ceiling.

Advertisement
Vernon (it's pretty close for me)

Neither one of them will be any good IMO

Forston - you can't fix lazy, self entitled and no work ethic
Vernon - more upside athletically and has the overall measurables to play OLB in a 3-4 but I get the feeling from him that he's just looking for that big pay day and then he'll shut it down.

I wouldn't take either one of them before the 5th round

Vernon (it's pretty close for me)

Neither one of them will be any good IMO

Forston - you can't fix lazy, self entitled and no work ethic
Vernon - more upside athletically and has the overall measurables to play OLB in a 3-4 but I get the feeling from him that he's just looking for that big pay day and then he'll shut it down.

I wouldn't take either one of them before the 5th round

I've always had that feeling that kid was gonna be 3 and gone when he got here. So in a way, I can see him being lazy once he gets that payday. But I don't think that'll happen. Sure he'll be getting a lot more money than he has had. But since he'll most likely go fairly low, he's not gonna be getting really paid. So I don't think that rookie contract will be enough for him. Also, just look at that kid. He came into this year looking to get paid. He was huge. Almost had no neck. He has a lot of untapped potential. If he gets on the right team, with the right coaching staff, I think his best days are ahead of him.

Forston still hasn't developed physically. He looks like he's still carrying that 'baby weight', like he did as a TF.

I mean he just looks physically soft out there. As physically imposing as a high school senior IMO.

This is based on what? Forston benches 400+ pounds. That isn't physically developed?

Advertisement
Back