Who WILL start at QB?

Who will start at QB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The analysis of anyone who says Emory had an average or poor game against Clemson is foolish. Without him at the helm we do not win that game. Was it all him of course not. But the old adage that a handful of plays decide a football game was proven that day.

Those who weren’t old enough for the true glory days of this program should take a look at the stats of the great QB’s who have won here. Theres not many 300 yard, 5 TD, absurd completion %, 10 yards per attempt games out there from the guys who made what was formerly QB U. There was a lot of what we saw from Emory in the second half. That is keeping your offense on the field by making plays at the most important times. Watching him operate in the second half reminded me a lot of what I was fortunate enough to be a part of just about every Saturday 30-40 years ago (terrifying when you look at it that way).

I said it last year on here and I’ll say it again. TVD for the most part is and has been a lone wolf. There are flashes but he’s almost completely devoid of the qualities of QB’s we’ve seen here who made this program a consistent winner. You couple that with his shenanigans on and off the field he’s pulled and there’s not much there as far anything even partially resembling a leader. It’s just who he is and it was something the prior staff did not pick up on when he was anointed. JB can contribute no doubt but this team doesn’t get close to being what it wants to be with him taking every snap at this point. Pains me to say that as he’s been a great teammate and has worked his *** off but that’s the reality. Any game could be a good day but any could also be a WTF as well.

A lot in here are acting like FSU is some juggernaut which can’t be stopped. The bottom line is you limit the explosive plays and they are like anyone else. We have the defense to be able to do that.

Advertisement
The analysis of anyone who says Emory had an average or poor game against Clemson is foolish. Without him at the helm we do not win that game. Was it all him of course not. But the old adage that a handful of plays decide a football game was proven that day.

Those who weren’t old enough for the true glory days of this program should take a look at the stats of the great QB’s who have won here. Theres not many 300 yard, 5 TD, absurd completion %, 10 yards per attempt games out there from the guys who made what was formerly QB U. There was a lot of what we saw from Emory in the second half. That is keeping your offense on the field by making plays at the most important times. Watching him operate in the second half reminded me a lot of what I was fortunate enough to be a part of just about every Saturday 30-40 years ago (terrifying when you look at it that way).

I said it last year on here and I’ll say it again. TVD for the most part is and has been a lone wolf. There are flashes but he’s almost completely devoid of the qualities of QB’s we’ve seen here who made this program a consistent winner. You couple that with his shenanigans on and off the field he’s pulled and there’s not much there as far anything even partially resembling a leader. It’s just who he is and it was something the prior staff did not pick up on when he was anointed. JB can contribute no doubt but this team doesn’t get close to being what it wants to be with him taking every snap at this point. Pains me to say that as he’s been a great teammate and has worked his *** off but that’s the reality. Any game could be a good day but any could also be a WTF as well.

A lot in here are acting like FSU is some juggernaut which can’t be stopped. The bottom line is you limit the explosive plays and they are like anyone else. We have the defense to be able to do that.
Part of the reason we beat Clemson with Emory is due to the fact that Clemson has a terrible offense if we're being honest. I believe Emory didn't take a snap in Clemson territory until late in the second half. Here's how our drives went with Emory if you don't include the 1 play 80 yard TD run by Brashard.

5 plays 11 yards Punt
3 plays 1 yard Punt
5 plays 17 yards punt
3 plays 13 yards punt
7 plays 23 yards INT
3 plays 9 yards punt
8 plays 28 yards Turnover on downs
15 plays 75 yards TD
10 plays 42 yards FG

Then we went on a long drive, in the 4th qtr due to us running the ball. Emory had 17 completions for 68 yards going into the 4th. We can't do nothing on offense for 3 qtrs and expect to hang around with FSU. If we do start Emory then the training wheels will need to come off if we have any shot at winning.

Last edited:
Emory graded out at 81QBR vs Clemson. TVD hasn’t topped 80QBR in any of his 4 ACC starts… Just saying. Also it was evident that Emory grew up right before our eyes.

The go route that Colbie dropped was one of the better passes thrown this year, the 3rd and 17 over the middle in between zone (it’s a miracle). Then obviously the fade for a TD. He had 4/5 throws better in final 10 mins than TVDs best last two weeks

Advertisement
Part of the reason we beat Clemson with Emory is due to the fact Clemson has a terrible offense if we're being honest. I believe Emory didn't take a snap in Clemson territory until late in the second half. Here's how our drives went with Emory if you don't include the 1 play 80 yard TD run by Brashard.

5 plays 11 yards Punt
3 plays 1 yard Punt
5 plays 17 yards punt
3 plays 13 yards punt
7 plays 23 yards INT
3 plays 9 yards punt
15 plays 75 yards TD
10 plays 42 yards FG

Then we went on a long drive, in the 4th qtr due to us running the ball. Emory had 17 completions for 68 yards going into the 4th. We can't do nothing on offense for 3 qtrs and expect to hang around with FSU. If we do start Emory then the training wheels will need to come off if we have any shot at winning.
To my point timely stuff that winners and leaders do. When’s the last time we scored 28 on them.

Part of the reason we beat Clemson with Emory is due to the fact Clemson has a terrible offense if we're being honest. I believe Emory didn't take a snap in Clemson territory until late in the second half. Here's how our drives went with Emory if you don't include the 1 play 80 yard TD run by Brashard.

5 plays 11 yards Punt
3 plays 1 yard Punt
5 plays 17 yards punt
3 plays 13 yards punt
7 plays 23 yards INT
3 plays 9 yards punt
15 plays 75 yards TD
10 plays 42 yards FG

The most important stat there is only 1 INT in 9 offensive series. FSUs run defense is giving up 4 yards per carry. Just play caveman football.

Advertisement
Part of the reason we beat Clemson with Emory is due to the fact that Clemson has a terrible offense if we're being honest. I believe Emory didn't take a snap in Clemson territory until late in the second half. Here's how our drives went with Emory if you don't include the 1 play 80 yard TD run by Brashard.

5 plays 11 yards Punt
3 plays 1 yard Punt
5 plays 17 yards punt
3 plays 13 yards punt
7 plays 23 yards INT
3 plays 9 yards punt
15 plays 75 yards TD
10 plays 42 yards FG

compare that to the last game against a ****tier team. 6 points

Advertisement
He can't read a defense
You think FSU goes man all game?
If not TVD has no chance
But we have seen him do it in the past. TVD will give us our only chance at winning. Our only shot at winning is to get a TVD Texas A&M type of performance. I don't think Jaccuri or Emory are capable of that right now. I rather roll the dice with TVD and take a shot at winning instead of playing Emory and us having a competitive loss.

But we have seen him do it in the past. TVD will give us our only chance at winning. Our only shot at winning is to get a TVD Texas A&M type of performance. I don't think Jaccuri or Emory are capable of that right now. I rather roll the dice with TVD and take a shot at winning instead of playing Emory and us having a competitive loss.
Go watch the A&M game. They played man to man most of the game
Now for watch the games since GA tech. Everyone knows drop 8 and TVD is scared confused and has no clue how to read it

Would you at least want him pulled after interception 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5?

Advertisement
dude they cant be any worse than TVD. what are they not ready to miss wide open wr's, throw 2-3 ints, a fumble and pass for less than 50%?

Emory graded out at 81QBR vs Clemson. TVD hasn’t topped 80QBR in any of his 4 ACC starts… Just saying. Also it was evident that Emory grew up right before our eyes.

The go route that Colbie dropped was one of the better passes thrown this year, the 3rd and 17 over the middle in between zone (it’s a miracle). Then obviously the fade for a TD. He had 4/5 throws better in final 10 mins than TVDs best last two weeks
TVD ain't throwing that in pattern. No chance, that thing had to be on the money.

I blame tvd for yall hyping up a couple good throws man..I blame mario too

Like this **** is disgusting revisionist history y’all doing for that clemson game lol. Using QBr when we threw screens all game is so disgusting man this gotta be why we been so mid for so long, its no way mfs hyped up **** like this in our glory days lol

Advertisement
Back