Who will start at QB for the Bowl Game?

Who will start at QB for the Bowl Game?

• Total voters

Badbart43

Sophomore
I ask because I truly have no idea what we would do if TVD opts out. Which, if he does knowing we have limited options.........***** him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
it’s going to be like that bowl game few years ago LSU vs Kansas St. where LSU had a wr playing QB lol expect heavy wildcat with Brashard if didn’t already portal out..

Advertisement
Cannon Smith. That FedEx money finally came through.
Finally gonna get that new stadium!

1701108830557.gif

I ask because I truly have no idea what we would do if TVD opts out. Which, if he does knowing we have limited options.........***** him.

***** him? After the way he was treated by this fanbase? TVD owes you and me nothing. If he feels like he owes the coaching staff and UM something and decides to play, then good on him. He would be a much better man than I am, or that the vast majority of porsters here are. Imagine if he plays in the toilet bowl game, throws for 6 TDs, no INTs, runs for 2 more TDs, we blow out Nevada or Louisiana on a blue field, and THEN he flips all of us off on his way out the door....that's what my vision of a true competitor would do. But, why risk getting injured just for a shot at giving a final '**** you' to a ****-for-brains fanbase?

For the record, I think he (and Miami) should pursue other opportunities for the benefit of both sides. If that's what happens, I sincerely wish him good luck and good health....if he stays, I'll root for him and wish him good luck and good health...because he's really good when he's healthy and focused (and really bad when he's not).

Advertisement
***** him? After the way he was treated by this fanbase? TVD owes you and me nothing. If he feels like he owes the coaching staff and UM something and decides to play, then good on him. He would be a much better man than I am, or that the vast majority of porsters here are. Imagine if he plays in the toilet bowl game, throws for 6 TDs, no INTs, runs for 2 more TDs, we blow out Nevada or Louisiana on a blue field, and THEN he flips all of us off on his way out the door....that's what my vision of a true competitor would do. But, why risk getting injured just for a shot at giving a final '**** you' to a ****-for-brains fanbase?

For the record, I think he (and Miami) should pursue other opportunities for the benefit of both sides. If that's what happens, I sincerely wish him good luck and good health....if he stays, I'll root for him and wish him good luck and good health...because he's really good when he's healthy and focused (and really bad when he's not).
TVD is not a victim. The fans have been harsh but fair. Coming into the season and the first 4 games, this fanbase was propping him up, talking trash to others about how our QB was better, and then he started throwing pics left and right. Of course people soured on him.

Maybe he was more injured than we thought. But maybe he should have told his coaches he was in too much pain to make the throws. I doubt they'd force him to play if he wasn't telling them he was good

Advertisement
TVD is not a victim. The fans have been harsh but fair. Coming into the season and the first 4 games, this fanbase was propping him up, talking trash to others about how our QB was better, and then he started throwing pics left and right. Of course people soured on him.

Maybe he was more injured than we thought. But maybe he should have told his coaches he was in too much pain to make the throws. I doubt they'd force him to play if he wasn't telling them he was good

Lol. And what would the fanbase have done to him if he tells the coaches anything other than "I can go"??? Of course he's going to tell them he can go, just like any other player worth his **** would do. The coaches wouldn't put him out there if they thought there was a better option (they certainly could've thought wrong about that, but they're watching the practices, so there's that...). The fans have not been fair (when have they ever been?). Nonstop garbage about his demeanor, playing golf, girlfriends, only looks for X, doesn't check down, can't read a defense, terrible against the zone, statue in the pocket....they take one thing, or one play, or one game, where he ****ed up (and there have been plenty of **** ups), could've made a different read, made a bad throw (for whatever reason), and then it becomes a narrative that the simple-minded minions parrot ad nauseum. He does not only look for X (dumbest of the dumb takes), is more than willing to check down (fans brutalized him last season for checking down too much), can and has done well against zone, has done a (very) few things with his legs....inconsistently for all of them, but we know he 'can'. The point is that none of those narratives are anything other than inconsistencies. All of them may be valid for a play here, a play there, but none of them define him as a QB (unless you're an unthinking parrot).

He's shown us on the field who he is....an inconsistent, streaky QB who has trouble staying healthy and focused....when he's on, he's really really good....when he's off, for whatever reason du jour, he's awful, not unlike the vast majority of college QBs out there (but the portal QBs, bro!). Whatever he decides to do, I wish him luck and good health, but IMO it's best for both sides if he moved on.

Of the 4 walk ons you have 3 true freshman and 1 senior who may have retired from football earlier in the season. From my brief googling two of them are #18 and two #19. Weird

Also apparently 2 star recruits do still exist.

I’d play 0 with a triple option pop pass offense I guess. If our two scholarship Qbs are refusing to play..

Advertisement
Back