Who will be first Cane drafted this year?

Advertisement
Garvin or there was even talk of Hill going early I think.
Hill didn’t test well at all y’all which was extremely surprising so that might make him slide. He certainly doesn’t show him being a bad athlete in actual games so it’s pretty confusing tbh . But Probably garvin on day 3 (he tested as one of the most athletic de’s in this class).

Last edited:
Hill didn’t test well at all so that might make him slide. Probably garvin on day 3 (he tested as one of the most atheltic de’s in this class).
I think Hill was projected to go early but that was before the combine. But yea I think after the combine he will drop.

It's a crap shoot between Bandy, Shaq, and Garvin. Garvin may have the edge since it's a weak rush DE class. A team could fall in love with Bandy's toughness and ability to shutdown #1 WRs despite his size. All that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Shaq gets drafted first. He's the all time leading tackler and started more games than anyone in UM history. He did well enough at the combine running a 4.75 40. He's squeaky clean off the field and has a good head on his shoulders. Shaq isn't as athletic as the first round LB's of the past, but It's hard to ignore that type of production from a UM LB. His ceiling could be in the compensatory picks late in round 3.

Advertisement
It's a crap shoot between Bandy, Shaq, and Garvin. Garvin may have the edge since it's a weak rush DE class. A team could fall in love with Bandy's toughness and ability to shutdown #1 WRs despite his size. All that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Shaq gets drafted first. He's the all time leading tackler and started more games than anyone in UM history. He did well enough at the combine running a 4.75 40. He's squeaky clean off the field and has a good head on his shoulders. Shaq isn't as athletic as the first round LB's of the past, but It's hard to ignore that type of production from a UM LB. His ceiling could be in the compensatory picks late in round 3.
Bandy can shut down NFL #1 WRs???

I love me some Trajan, but I don't think there's a chance in **** he gets picked first. He's too small and didn't produce the tape this season that he needed to rise up boards.

Deejay is the best prospect but Garvin will get pushed up due to position.
Agree. But wouldn’t rule out Shaq because of his production and I’m sure he nailed his interviews and is probably our biggest name.

Advertisement
Bandy shutdown Terry against FSU and didn't give up a big catch against Jefferson vs UF. I'm not saying he will do that in the NFL. Come on mane, nobody shuts down legit #1's in the NFL.
If he starts in the NFL I will be surprised, love his college game but he does not project well in the NFL

Advertisement
If he starts in the NFL I will be surprised, love his college game but he does not project well in the NFL
What doesn’t project well besides his height? He can jump, runs fast, isn’t afraid to tackle, has above average ball skills, good cover skills, and has the weight. I wouldn’t want him covering Mike Evans, but those guys with height and speed are few and far between.

He absolutely projects well as a slot corner, that’s a hot commodity position now adays in the league. Best case scenario for bandy is mid day 3 and I hope he goes then

Garvin gets picked first. Good athlete, premium position. I'm thinking maybe the 4th round. Dallas will get drafted not much later.

Advertisement
No Canes drafted until day 3.

Garvin 6
Quarterman 6
Osborn 7
Dallas 7

UFA: Bandy, Hill, Pinckney, Finley, Thomas, Bethel, Nnoruka, Knowles, Kennedy

He absolutely projects well as a slot corner, that’s a hot commodity position now adays in the league. Best case scenario for bandy is mid day 3 and I hope he goes then

mehhhhh, we have had way better cbs not start in the L, I love Bandys game but at 5'7 if he makes his a NFL start I will be shocked...…

"Bleacher Report's Matt Miller updated his 2020 NFL Draft Big Board on Wednesday and he has Bandy as the No. 29 ranked draft-eligible cornerback. That comes a few weeks after Miller had Bandy going in the seventh round to the Atlanta Falcons in a seven-round mock draft.

NFL.com's Lance Zierlein released some grades for every player that made the NFL Combine.

Zierlein gave Bandy a "5.91" placing him in the back-up/special teamer category.

"Field-fast, slot cornerback whose ball production doesn't always match with his athletic ability. Bandy plays with inconsistent footwork and a level of nonchalance in space, allowing for preventable separation. His recovery burst can cover up for mid-rep mistakes, but he will need to correct his fundamentals to handle slot coverage in the pros. He's more effective in zone but still needs to trust his eyes a bit more. He has a chance to become a backup slot with more work."

Advertisement
Back