Who stays. Who goes

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have a feeling there will be more fireworks today. I think we'll see Robinson in the portal and at least one guy (likely George) declare for the NBA.

If he lands quickly elsewhere, then the fix is in. The kid was going to start next fall.

Nwoko was who L was referring to during the press conference when L talked about spending time with a kid, trying to develop him, and having the potential to be a really good player but just not yet being able to do everything he needs to do in games to help the team win.

Having said that, I’m not sure you can say the fix was in because Nwoko was clearly unhappy for stretches and even despite his limitations probably should have played more.

But it’s all almost impossibly hard to balance as a coach these days because the way to develop a player is to make him earn his PT by doing in games what he is being coached to do in practice.

Nwoko was who L was referring to during the press conference when L talked about spending time with a kid, trying to develop him, and having the potential to be a really good player but just not yet being able to do everything he needs to do in games to help the team win.

Having said that, I’m not sure you can say the fix was in because Nwoko was clearly unhappy for stretches and even despite his limitations probably should have played more.

But it’s all almost impossibly hard to balance as a coach these days because the way to develop a player is to make him earn his PT by doing in games what he is being coached to do in practice.
Green isn't always greener. I get it if he going to be stuck on the bench but that is definitely not going to be the case. A good off season and he was going to start for us next year.

Green isn't always greener. I get it if he going to be stuck on the bench but that is definitely not going to be the case. A good off season and he was going to start for us next year.
No doubt you are right but most of these kids are not making purely rational decisions.

The false allure of “greener” grass has been instigating bad decisions for the entirety of human history. College athletes in the age of nil are not going to break that streak.

Advertisement
I have a feeling there will be more fireworks today. I think we'll see Robinson in the portal and at least one guy (likely George) declare for the NBA.
Why Jakai wasn't in the portal a year ago remains a mystery.

If we're a 4 or 5 Out Offense, shouldn't be recruiting any more players like Casey, Watson and Jakai. Making threes is a required skill these days for any player who is gonna be hanging out around the perimeter. Those guys arrived with no real confidence in their outside shot, and leave that same way.

Why Jakai wasn't in the portal a year ago remains a mystery.

If we're a 4 or 5 Out Offense, shouldn't be recruiting any more players like Casey, Watson and Jakai. Making threes is a required skill these days for any player who is gonna be hanging out around the perimeter. Those guys arrived with no real confidence in their outside shot, and leave that same way.
Jakai stuck around thinking Wong leaving meant an expanded role. He's a decent on-ball defender but lacks explosiveness or the ability to stretch the floor. He's also probably closer to 6'2 if we're being honest with ourselves, so if you can't get to the rim or hit the 3 at a decent clip, it's going to be a challenge to score at this level.

No doubt you are right but most of these kids are not making purely rational decisions.

The false allure of “greener” grass has been instigating bad decisions for the entirety of human history. College athletes in the age of nil are not going to break that streak.
I still think Nwoko is making a big mistake in leaving. I think he was in line for at least 15-20 minutes a game this season, potentially more.

Advertisement
I guess we are still waiting on Omier, Pack, Cleveland and George's verdict whether they are sticking around or leaving miami for the draft or otherwise. THoughts?

He wasn't all that great this year defensively. Maybe too many minutes to keep up his energy.
I was trying to say something positive, we get too negative about these kids and most of them are just that, kids.

Shame on anyone who floods their twitter, FB etc with hate & vitriol

Advertisement
I was trying to say something positive, we get too negative about these kids and most of them are just that, kids.

Shame on anyone who floods their twitter, FB etc with hate & vitriol
I get it. He is a good kid and a very popular player. Just know why he thinks the grass is greener elsewhere.

Advertisement
Back