Who stays. Who goes

Advertisement
Cleveland can take a long walk off a short pier. Not strong enough to defend/rebound at the 4, not nearly quick enough to punish the bigs that guard him on the other end. Miller was so valuable because he got to the rim constantly; Cleveland barely took a layup all year. Add that stupid hitch in his jumper that causes him to kill offensive possessions by turning down seemingly open 3s, and he can't be gone soon enough imo.

Also had some iffy body language if you're into that sort of thing. Been in college 3 years, and all 3 of his teams have been massive disappointments. Doesn't seem like an accident to me.

Last edited:
I for one would not be disappointed if we didn’t return any of these guys (other than omier). It’s one thing just to not have any talent. Some of these guys have talent. They just played the most soft, pathetic brand of basketball I think I have ever seen. We will be in for another mess of a season if most of these quitters return. I am not saying this just to be negative. This season was so pathetic I’m not sure there’s ever been a team care less than this one.
Definitely felt like a culture issue with this group. Not entirely sure who was the cause of it, but the staff needs to root it out with fury.

2 general issues with this team's guards/wings: 1) they can't dribble, 2) they have all the wiggle of a block of concrete. They don't need to get rid of all the guys that have those issues, but they do need to get rid of some of them. Shooting is great, but we can't field a team of guys who do that and nothing else.

In other words, Pack, George, Cleveland, Poplar, and Joseph can't all come back; someone's gotta go.

I'd be really surprised if Omier leaves to the portal. Less surprised if he leaves to go pro, but I don't see the benefit in him portal'ing elsewhere.
Truly a knee slapper to think Wooga is going to the draft. He will test off the charts but you realize quick that he brings none of that elite athleticism to the floor.

NONE.

Wardenburg was more explosive off the bounce 🤣

Advertisement
With the NBA, NIL and portal, I expect we're going to see a lot of changes to the current roster next season.

Omier - Has some pro options overseas, but if the right NIL deal comes along I could see him staying the extra year.
Pack - Nagging injuries have derailed his Miami career. I'm expecting him to bounce.
Wooga - Will test NBA waters and depending on the feedback will determine if he comes back or not.
Cleveland - Only see him leaving if the money is/isn't right.
Bensley - Where else he gonna go?
George - Very good chance we've seen the last of George in a Canes uniform.
Nwoko - If I'm reading the tea leaves correctly, I think he's 50/50 at best. Not feeding him more PT left a sour taste in his mouth.
Casey, Watson & Jakai - Writing has been on the wall most of the season with these 3. Will look to salvage their careers elsewhere
Djobet - Will only leave if he gets pushed out and I don't see that happening.

All in all, today's athlete (like most people) are only as loyal as their options. And can't say that I blame them either. Get that money while you can.

Make It Rain Money GIF

With the NBA, NIL and portal, I expect we're going to see a lot of changes to the current roster next season.

Omier - Has some pro options overseas, but if the right NIL deal comes along I could see him staying the extra year.
Pack - Nagging injuries have derailed his Miami career. I'm expecting him to bounce.
Wooga - Will test NBA waters and depending on the feedback will determine if he comes back or not.
Nwoko - If I'm reading the tea leaves correctly, I think he's 50/50 at best. Not feeding him more PT left a sour taste in his mouth.
Casey, Watson & Jakai - Writing has been on the wall most of the season with these 3. Will look to salvage their careers elsewhere

All in all, today's athlete (like most people) are only as loyal as their options. And can't say that I blame them either. Get that money while you can.

Make It Rain Money GIF
Losing Nwoko would be highly disappointing. Athletic bigs with upside don't grow on trees, especially for a program who struggles to recruit the position.

Advertisement
Honestly wouldn't lose sleep over any player leaving. We need an ***** of the program and I think Coach L should also be examining his coaching staff as part of the exercise.

Advertisement
Definitely felt like a culture issue with this group. Not entirely sure who was the cause of it, but the staff needs to root it out with fury.
What if they are part of the problem? Losing, what, 11 games in a row is possibly indicative of a major problem.

Make It Rain Money GIF
Wow did Wooga and George disappear over the last half dozen games or so. Wooga shot 1-10 last night. George has dropped down to averaging next to nothing in his appearances.

Wow did Wooga and George disappear over the last half dozen games or so. Wooga shot 1-10 last night. George has dropped down to averaging next to nothing in his appearances.
if you think several of us fans are dismayed by much of what Benz does (or tries to do) you should see George glaring at him when they are both on the floor. If Joseph stays and especially if he starts, best that George moves on. It's a shame because Benz has value in a limited role, which most of the season was not what destiny dictated.

Advertisement
if you think several of us fans are dismayed by much of what Benz does (or tries to do) you should see George glaring at him when they are both on the floor. If Joseph stays and especially if he starts, best that George moves on. It's a shame because Benz has value in a limited role, which most of the season was not what destiny dictated.
Guy needs to be playing at BU or Northeastern

His role should be just play all out D, cover somebody, think Petey in Remember the Titans. Ok fine, if you have an open 3 you can take it but no more than 5 attempts a night.

And if I see you penetrate into the lane and put it up instead of distributing it, you owe me 10 up downs.

There that’s Bens’ role!

His role should be just play all out D, cover somebody, think Petey in Remember the Titans. Ok fine, if you have an open 3 you can take it but no more than 5 attempts a night.

And if I see you penetrate into the lane and put it up instead of distributing it, you owe me 10 up downs.

There that’s Bens’ role!
There were games this season where Joseph attempted 15+ shots. That's absolutely unacceptable.

I only want Bensley back if it's in a role similar to the one he was in last year. He's a bulldog off the bench at the point of attack but the usage has to come down offensively

Advertisement
Back