Who Should Replace Dimare?

Advertisement
Until Miami makes a university decision to cover full cost of attendance like Vandy and Virginia. They will still have the same recruiting issues no matter who the coach

Thanks. I did, and read. So here is a rival perspective:

And an interesting read from the VU side:

I guess the question is whether this is true or not:

"Once you’re a counter, all of your financial aid from the university is counted toward the scholarship limit, regardless of whether it’s athletic aid or not."

Because that would prevent VU from "topping off" kids with partial scholarships with Opportunity Vanderbilt money.
I love hearing other SEC's complain.

BTW. The NCAA council passed a rule you could stack and it not count toward the scholarship total. I think it was around 2020

So if you are really creative you could almost get a low income/single family member kid with high academics without even touching baseball money.

Advertisement
thats a shame bc baseball is every bit as big as our football legacy
Yea,
Thanks. I did, and read. So here is a rival perspective:

And an interesting read from the VU side:

I guess the question is whether this is true or not:

"Once you’re a counter, all of your financial aid from the university is counted toward the scholarship limit, regardless of whether it’s athletic aid or not."

Because that would prevent VU from "topping off" kids with partial scholarships with Opportunity Vanderbilt money.
we should definitely implement a program like this.

Helps even playing field in recruiting, plus added benefit of ****ing off SEC schools.

Miami’s recruiting class rankings from 2019-23:

2019: 14th (2nd in the ACC behind GT)
2020: 3rd (1st in the ACC)
2021: 14th (3rd in the ACC behind Clemson & FSU)
2022: 19th (7th in the ACC)
2023: 15th (4th in the ACC behind GT, FSU, & UNC)

Listen, I’m not saying we’re recruiting at an elite level, but we’re avg. the 15th ranked class since Gino has been here.

We’re out recruiting all but 6-7 teams listed in this yrs top 25 in that time frame. Come on, yo; like I don’t know how anyone can excuse or justify any of this. This is squarely on Gino, period.

Listen, I’m not saying we’re recruiting at an elite level, but we’re avg. the 15th ranked class since Gino has been here.

We’re out recruiting all but 6-7 teams listed in this yrs top 25 in that time frame. Come on, yo; like I don’t know how anyone can excuse or justify any of this. This is squarely on Gino, period.
BUT THE SCHOLARSHIP LIMITATIONS!!!

We dominated the sport for 40 years but now the school is at a massive disadvantage according to some 🤣 Obviously our high tuition hurts in some aspects but to act like this is why we can’t sniff a super regional now a days is absurd.

Advertisement

We dominated the sport for 40 years but now the school is at a massive disadvantage according to some 🤣 Obviously our high tuition hurts in some aspects but to act like this is why we can’t sniff a super regional now a days is absurd.
There’s lots of ways to get creative with financing. People are out of their tree if they think Yoyo is paying the difference between his quarter share scholarship and 70k lol

The major problem with these rankings is I don’t think they account for guys signing with mlb teams add to that that these rankings are basically baseball’s version of a sparq rating in football. It’s based on scouting scores not game play. It’s very skewed.

The major problem with these rankings is I don’t think they account for guys signing with mlb teams add to that that these rankings are basically baseball’s version of a sparq rating in football. It’s based on scouting scores not game play. It’s very skewed.

I would agree w/ u, if the teams who have been in contention was constantly in the upper echelon of recruiting classes. We seem to be one of the few teams that’s not living up to recruiting rankings….kinda similar to the CFB program, ironically.

I would agree w/ u, if the teams who have been in contention was constantly in the upper echelon of recruiting classes. We seem to be one of the few teams that’s not living up to recruiting rankings….kinda similar to the CFB program, ironically.
I hear you I do I guess I’m just saying that the recruiting rankings would have you think that Miami has a bunch of yohandy morales clones on the field it doesn’t work like that

Advertisement
We arent losing that many kids to pro ball every year.
2019 - Matt Lugo
2020 - Samuel Infante
2021 - Irving Carter (Ziehl was taken but obviously enrolled)
2022 - Elijah Green and Naz Mule both taken and signed.

We are signing some kids who are clearly maxed out or close to it but we are signing plenty of kids who arent maxed out. I mean 2 years ago imagine thinking our rotation could be a combination of Rosario, Mederos, Ziehl and Ligon. I would have penciled us in for a Super Regional at worst in 2022 and 23.

BTW...big two weeks coming. I still am not 100% sold that this isnt a .500 team. As I think most of us are hesitant. But even slightly below average Miami teams can get hot and do some damage. Which is always fun to watch a team do. Va Tech is less talented but extremely well coached and Wakes kids look like they live in the weight room and if our starters leave anything up they are going to mash....and its at their place which is a launch pad. So hopefully we can use it to our advantage as well.

We arent losing that many kids to pro ball every year.
2019 - Matt Lugo
2020 - Samuel Infante
2021 - Irving Carter (Ziehl was taken but obviously enrolled)
2022 - Elijah Green and Naz Mule both taken and signed.

We are signing some kids who are clearly maxed out or close to it but we are signing plenty of kids who arent maxed out. I mean 2 years ago imagine thinking our rotation could be a combination of Rosario, Mederos, Ziehl and Ligon. I would have penciled us in for a Super Regional at worst in 2022 and 23.
why did Mederos leave in the first place? from what I remember he was getting plenty of PT.

Advertisement
why did Mederos leave in the first place? from what I remember he was getting plenty of PT.
great question.

was he not happy with his development? Was he told to leave. Maybe he just felt he needed a change in scenery from Miami. Would be interested to see why. I mean he was fairly similar at Ok State but I remember at Miami his innings seemed to get fewer and fewer as the season went on. I thought for a Freshman the upside was off the chart.

BTW...big two weeks coming. I still am not 100% sold that this isnt a .500 team. As I think most of us are hesitant. But even slightly below average Miami teams can get hot and do some damage. Which is always fun to watch a team do. Va Tech is less talented but extremely well coached and Wakes kids look like they live in the weight room and if our starters leave anything up they are going to mash....and its at their place which is a launch pad. So hopefully we can use it to our advantage as well.
It’s a forgone conclusion that we will get hot in middle of year and than limp to the finish. We are the best in country at peaking too early

Look at the actual classes. Miami is getting the high end talent, but depth is an issue, and that's what rears its head during the postseason. Dimare should have been better in regards to evaluating and developing decent, attainable talent, but we need to also remember that recruiting rankings are flawed.

Advertisement
Back