Who Should Replace Dimare?

Give me a hungry coach who recruits nationally. Gino recruits within the 5 miles of campus.
Welp, I don't care who coaches the University of Miami. Unless the NCAA changes scholarship limits or we set up a program like Stanford or really up our NIL game, this is going to be the case.

UF has Bright Futures and in state tuition of $6k per year if the kid does not qualify. Look at their roster all but 6 kids are in state and 4 of those are portal guys.

This is not defending Gino who is certainly lacking, but this is not an excuse but the practical reality of the situation.

We have to get creative on figuring out how to get a broader swath of elite kids to play here.

Sure, I'd love to have a Link Jarrett type of guy but even he would be challenged to get us to Omaha consistently. The ******* was a great hire to bring him back to his alma mater.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Welp, I don't care who coaches the University of Miami. Unless the NCAA changes scholarship limits or we set up a program like Stanford or really up our NIL game, this is going to be the case.

UF has Bright Futures and in state tuition of $6k per year if the kid does not qualify. Look at their roster all but 6 kids are in state and 4 of those are portal guys.

This is not defending Gino who is certainly lacking, but this is not an excuse but the practical reality of the situation.

We have to get creative on figuring out how to get a broader swath of elite kids to play here.

Sure, I love to have a Link Jarrett type of guy but even he would be challenged to get us to Omaha consistently. The ******* was a great hire to bring him back to his alma mater.
Didn’t we have the #1 recruiting class a couple years ago? We have been top 10/15 pretty much every year.

Didn’t we have the #1 recruiting class a couple years ago? We have been top 10/15 pretty much every year.
Yes, there is enough talent to stay competitive, but not enough to make a real run in May.

He has three 2nd place finishes in his 3 full seasons. The issue is his clubs fade big time in May. That is more than a trend.

Miami is no match for UF and even Junior owned him at FSU. If Junior owned him so will Jarrett.

Unfortunately as long as Miami is competitive, Rad is not canning him unless we have a complete collapse.

Yes, there is enough talent to stay competitive, but not enough to make a real run in May.

He has three 2nd place finishes in his 3 full seasons. The issue is his clubs fade big time in May. That is more than a trend.

Miami is no match for UF and even Junior owned him at FSU. If Junior owned him so will Jarrett.

Unfortunately as long as Miami is competitive, Rad is not canning him unless we have a complete collapse.
I guess my question is, if we are getting the recruits, how are we impaired financially such that we are fading in May? I'm not disagreeing, I just don't understand the logic.

What I do understand is that we have a plethora of players who can't hit and are at or below the mendoza line. I know it is early, but I have started to despise Pitelli (figuratively) and cannot understand how his glove makes him worth what is either an automatic out or a double play (led the ACC in hitting into double plays last year). Or sticking with Rosario who, while I get he has all the stuff and was uber highly recruited out of HS, has been an unmitigated disaster and cannot be trusted on the mound. These to me seem like coaching issues.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is the one downside of Rad as AD.

He won’t make a move in baseball as he is eternally focused on football. He’ll leave the fate of the program up to DiMare, as long as he doesn’t implode and ******* tank during regular season, he’ll keep his job.
Had this conversation with someone in athletic department last month. You’re spot on. Whole focus is on football currently and in near future.

We’re screwed

Advertisement
Maybe some real NIL money will help.

Any rumblings of NIL money being spent on baseball recruits?

NIL money will seemingly add pressure to produce, no?

I guess my question is, if we are getting the recruits, how are we impaired financially such that we are fading in May? I'm not disagreeing, I just don't understand the logic.

What I do understand is that we have a plethora of players who can't hit and are at or below the mendoza line. I know it is early, but I have started to despise Pitelli (figuratively) and cannot understand how his glove makes him worth what is either an automatic out or a double play (led the ACC in hitting into double plays last year). Or sticking with Rosario who, while I get he has all the stuff and was uber highly recruited out of HS, has been an unmitigated disaster and cannot be trusted on the mound. These to me seem like coaching issues.
The better questions are we getting the right recruits and how Gino is prioritizing? It is well documented that there are problems with this staff's approach to recruiting.

Depth or lack thereof becomes a huge issue by May. Ligon was done and was getting murdered his last 5 or so starts. Even Walters who was unhittable but not so much as we entered conference tournament and regional play was tired.

I would expect so since that is the revenue producer to the market.
That’s not a fair way to look at it. Obviously football is #1 revenue maker but Miami baseball has as much or more tradition than any program in the country. To let it rot like we have for a decade plus now is sad. Whether they’re only looking at the bottom line or not it’s a shame. Take pride in the schools past athletic success/tradition.

Advertisement
thats a shame bc baseball is every bit as big as our football legacy
And we're far more likely to contend for titles in baseball and basketball, if we'd make them the priority. If we keep getting eliminated in regionals, even Rad would have to do something IMO. And I doubt the Ruiz family would suit idly by if the baseball program approaches a decade without an Omaha appearance.

That’s not a fair way to look at it. Obviously football is #1 revenue maker but Miami baseball has as much or more tradition than any program in the country. To let it rot like we have for a decade plus now is sad. Whether they’re only looking at the bottom line or not it’s a shame. Take pride in the schools past athletic success/tradition.
Does not matter if it is not fair which I agree with you, but the priority is fix the football program. The new facility is for football first and foremost while other sports will surely benefit directly and indirectly.

The issue is Miami baseball is not meeting its standard, which is Omaha or bust or used to be.

My guess is our #2 benefactor is pro-Gino.

Screenshot_20230313_153657_Twitter.jpg

Advertisement
Does not matter if it is not fair which I agree with you, but the priority is fix the football program. The new facility is for football first and foremost while other sports will surely benefit directly and indirectly.

The issue is Miami baseball is not meeting its standard, which is Omaha or bust or used to be.

My guess is our #2 benefactor is pro-Gino.
With our new found resources and commitment to athletics, there's no reason we can't contend in all 3 Men's major sports. Private school or not, the $$ is there now and the talent pool will always be there (California is a sinking ship in the world of athletics IMO leaving TXleaving as the only real competition).

And whether the AD or a major booster is pro "... insert name ..." or not, well run organizations fire/replace/transfer key employees all the time, regardless of their last name. Honestly, it's often a relief to the relieved.

Let's hope we have post-season success this year and next, and this could all be moot.

I'd think our NIL would make up for scholarship money deficiencies, but I could be overestimating what's been earmarked for baseball.

Advertisement
Back