Who should be the top 4?

Bird4um

Sophomore
Premium
1 Bama
2 Clemson
3. Washington
4. Ohio st.

Washington because of Peterson. He can beat anyone with a month to prepare.
Ohio st. Drops for not winning the conference.

Advertisement
With the Herman and Butch hires, the committee has to figure out a way to get Texas and FIU in there

Ridiculous that OSU is I'm despite not even winning their Division. The playoff is worse then the BCS

The way it should be:

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Washington
4. Winner of PSU/Wisco

The way it will be:

1. Alabama
2. OSU
3. Clemson
4. Washington

Advertisement
I might put money on Peterson beating Bama. Only if it's the 1st game.

Alabama and it doesn't matter what happens today.

So here is the ****ed up part . . . are we trying to pit the 4 best teams together? So games matter or they don't. It is a tough spot. People talking about Michigan getting in, **** that. Ohio State lost a flukey game to Penn State. I actually think Osu should be in.

Clemson lost to a ****** Pitt team that did get better down the stretch. Clemson must win to be in imo.
Washington lost to an okay USC team. They did get propped up down the stretch USC. They did smoke Colorado last night.

Im inclined to think the winner of Penn State Wisconsin should have a serious consideration.

If Bama loses tonight, which they won't, it helps the committee to say you don't have to be a conference champ. Funny thing is that had been such a big deal previously.

So you have BAMA

Then you have OSU, Clemson, Washington, Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan, OK St, and OK.

Washington should be in with BAMA. Clemson has to win to be in. I do think Taint is top 4.

So big ten conference champ? Michigan? big twelve champ?

Advertisement
Assuming Clemson wins by at least two td's tonight, I have:
1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. Washington
4. osu

Advertisement
Ohio State has to be in. Yes, it's a HUGE knock against them to not win their conference, but they beat Wisconsin and Michigan and only lost to Penn State, another Top10 team. Plus, they beat top10 Oklahoma, who could win their conference today. In all, OSU could have 3 top10 wins.....with a 4th win against an AP top25 (Nebraska).

That being said, OSU should not be higher than #4 . That is the punishment of not winning their conference. If they played today, they would have the chance to LOSE.....which would then knock them out of playoff contention. You should not receive a benefit of not playing for a championship on Championship Saturday.

#1-Bama , #2-Clemson (if they win today, it's 4 top25 wins, 3 top15), #3-Washington (3 top25 wins, beat Colorado more easily then Michigan), 4-Ohio State

It gets VERY interesting if Clemson loses, b/c then teams like PSU/Wis/Michigan come back into play.

Advertisement
With 8 teams we can do 3 at large bids and the other 5 are locked in as conference champs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bama v Washington

Clemson v OSU

It is ammusing to see bigten fans argue they should get two teams over a one loss power5 conference champion

6 teams make sense. The 5 conference champions and one wildcard to handle a situation like Ohio State. Make the non-conference championship path narrow to emphasis winning the conference, but still possible.

6 teams make sense. The 5 conference champions and one wildcard to handle a situation like Ohio State. Make the non-conference championship path narrow to emphasis winning the conference, but still possible.

The problem with five automatic conference champions and only one wildcard is that it doesn't account for upsets on the final Saturday. Can you envision a playoff in which Colorado and Virginia Tech were both in a six team playoff? No thank you.

Advertisement
Back