Who should be the top 4?

You shouldn't be able to get in without winning your conference.

How can you possibly be the National Champion if you don't win your conference?

Advertisement
If OSU was in PSU position, they would've gotten in and the reason would've been head to head and conf champs.

Fk OSU.

Psu is not a top 4 team. I actually think we'd beat them.

And here comes the " but we are better than them" crowed despite PSU winning their division and conference over Mich, OSU and Wisconsin. But yeah, Miami is better while sitting at home watching VT play for the title from the crappiest division in football.

And here comes DC Dog Nuts with his/her new handle.

Your posts are as useful as a used colostomy bag.

So I assume you believe the post above mine is accurate? That is the very reason everybody thinks Canes fans are uninformed dopes.

Last edited:
Again, the 8 team playoff (5 conf champs + 3 at large) makes TOO much sense as it blends an objective benchmark in winning your conference and still allows the 3 at large spots to be a subjective debate while also adding "deserving" teams. It doesn't devalue regular season games at all but increases the amount of games that'll actually mean something while encouraging stronger non-conf scheduling (a criteria that'd be essential for the at large spots).

The current system does nothing but encourage attempting to go undefeated. And for those saying a 4 loss conf champ sneaking in would be the end of the world then just set a bar that negates the auto bid if you have 4 or more losses. Also, PLEASE stop equating that arguing about the 5th team being left out now would be the same as arguing about teams 9 or 10 getting shafted. If you can't see the obvious drops in resume from leaving out entire conferences now at that 5 spot vs some 9 or 10 team's attempt at making a case then you're either just a contrarian or are a fool and think the current system's built in controversy is good for the sport. "It gets us talkin'!" is a beyond lame rationale.

This playoff system could happen if the revenue flows into the right hands.

2016 Scenario:

Alabama (SEC)
Penn State (BIG 10)
Washington (PAC 12)
Clemson (ACC)
Oklahoma (BIG 12)

Ohio State
Michigan ?
USC ?

Last edited:
College Football 2016:

1. Alabama (13-0) - Big Staff, Big Bag Men, Big Signing Classes...$$$$$ Talks
2. Clemson (12-1) - When John Swofford creates a weak conference, all you have to do is win that SEC game at the beginning of the season
3. Ohio State (11-1) - Lose a game against the Conference champion? No problem, the ref $$$$ pool has been deep for years...Bribery works
4. Washington (12-1) - Who is the NCAA President who needs to have a bone thrown his way? Oh, former UDub President Mark Emmert

Ah, glad to see its like the rest of America, rigged for the cronies with the $$$$$ and connections.

Advertisement

And here comes the " but we are better than them" crowed despite PSU winning their division and conference over Mich, OSU and Wisconsin. But yeah, Miami is better while sitting at home watching VT play for the title from the crappiest division in football.

So I assume you believe the post above mine is accurate? That is the very reason everybody thinks Canes fans are uninformed dopes.

Who is "everybody" and what program do you follow?
Obviously, your handle doesn't provide a clue which program you support which suggests you're a cowardly fecal troll who has probably
been tossed from this forum in the past under different handles.
I suspect you're a ghayturd as most of those folks work this way in this forum.
So, yeah, you're probably DC Dog Nuts and you probably live in a Trailerpark or something comparable in
soFla and you're sexually frustrated because your sister has added a few pounds these last few years
from making too many Super Gulps/half-smoke runs to the local 7-11s.
So go **** on someone else's forum.

College Football 2016:

2. Clemson (12-1) - When John Swofford creates a weak conference, all you have to do is win that SEC game at the beginning of the season
3. Ohio State (11-1) - Lose a game against the Conference champion? No problem, the ref $$$$ pool has been deep for years...Bribery works
4. Washington (12-1) - Who is the NCAA President who needs to have a bone thrown his way? Oh, former UDub President Mark Emmert

Ah, glad to see its like the rest of America, rigged for the cronies with the $$$$$ and connections.

Thank you Alex Jones....

Advertisement
I think Wash vs Penn State should be the debate. It's about the best four teams.

Good point. But, PSU has one more loss.

This year brings more reason to expand to eight teams. The P5 conference champions and three at-large berths.

One more loss, yes - but it was out of conference to a team that beat Clemson as well. Penn State played a ranked Pitt and ranked Temple out of conference.

Washington played Rutgers, Idaho and Portland State.

The committee failed this year in being CLEAR about their stance and value of OOC scheduling and conference championships. They rewarded a non-conference champion in OSU b/c they scheduled and beat Oklahoma. But they rewarded a conference champion Washington who scheduled JV teams OOC and had a weak strength of schedule.

8 teams in the playoff is way too many for me. It dilutes the regular season and is too long. You already see a lot of attrition in the 12 game schedules and this would add 3 more games to the championship teams.....which is an NFL schedule. The most i would ever go is 6....top 2 get byes (reward for winning regular season) and doesn't guarantee a weak conference champion. But even this still adds 3 weeks so i'm not a fan.

Last edited:
College Football 2016:

Thank you Alex Jones....

You're welcome, Donna Brazille, Huma Abedin, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, John Podesta, James Comey, Jennifer Palmieri, Loretta Lynch, Doug Band, Cheryl Mills, Jake Sullivan, Lois Lerner, John Koskinen...Did I miss anybody? I'm sure I did.

Advertisement
I think Wash vs Penn State should be the debate. It's about the best four teams.

This year brings more reason to expand to eight teams. The P5 conference champions and three at-large berths.

One more loss, yes - but it was out of conference to a team that beat Clemson as well. Penn State played a ranked Pitt and ranked Temple out of conference.

The committee failed this year in being CLEAR about their stance and value of OOC scheduling and conference championships. They rewarded a non-conference champion in OSU b/c they scheduled and beat Oklahoma. But they rewarded a conference champion Washington who scheduled JV teams OOC and had a weak strength of schedule.

8 teams in the playoff is way too many for me. It dilutes the regular season and is too long. You already see a lot of attrition in the 12 game schedules and this would add 3 more games to the championship teams.....which is an NFL schedule. The most i would ever go is 6....top 2 get byes (reward for winning regular season) and doesn't guarantee a weak conference champion.

Do you really expect these insiders to be clear?

Selection Committee Block Page | College Football Playoff

C'mon folks, take your heads out of the sand. The computers that screwed the 'Canes in 2000 were bad enough, but Kirby Hocutt? He hired Al Golden...Let that sink in...Condi Rice, part of the Iraq leadership moron crew, Barry Alvarez, Donna's favorite...Do I need to go on?

8 teams in the playoff is way too many for me. It dilutes the regular season and is too long. You already see a lot of attrition in the 12 game schedules and this would add 3 more games to the championship teams.....which is an NFL schedule. The most i would ever go is 6....top 2 get byes (reward for winning regular season) and doesn't guarantee a weak conference champion. But even this still adds 3 weeks so i'm not a fan.

Adding one week to the length of the season does not bother me. Win your conference and you're in. A committee, with clear guidelines, selects the three at-large berths.

I understand your issue with Washington's OOC scheduling, and do not disagree. The PAC12 is having a down season, in addition to your comments. I would not have an issue selecting Penn State over Washington. A close loss to the only team to beat CFP-bound Clemson is better than a 60+ win over Rutgers.

Who is "everybody" and what program do you follow?
Obviously, your handle doesn't provide a clue which program you support which suggests you're a cowardly fecal troll who has probably
been tossed from this forum in the past under different handles.
I suspect you're a ghayturd as most of those folks work this way in this forum.
So, yeah, you're probably DC Dog Nuts and you probably live in a Trailerpark or something comparable in
soFla and you're sexually frustrated because your sister has added a few pounds these last few years
from making too many Super Gulps/half-smoke runs to the local 7-11s.
So go **** on someone else's forum.

I'm a college football fan. I also know my sht as it relates to college football and the teams that make up the game. I follow it religiously and I **** well I know it better than you and most every poster on this, or any other forum.

I don't believe in blindly supporting my team and waving the Cane flag just to wave it. I leave that up to guys like you. I'm a student of the game and call out BS when I see it. No matter if it's my team or another.

And back to the whole point of this. Miami clearly isn't on the level of PSU currently. The play on their respective fields proves it. They not only beat OSU and won that division, they also beat Wisconsin to win their conference.

Miami didn't come within 1,000 miles of coming close to what PSU accomplished this year. if you can't see and admit that because you feel it makes you less as a Canes fan then you may need to join those students in their safe spaces. Nobody in college football currently respects Miami as a threat. I didnt create the mess dude, but I can fully discuss it without getting my Canes feelings hurt.

Advertisement
No frauds this year. In fact, it's more proof that pass defense is they key to national title legitimacy. The final four teams are all in the top 7 nationally in yards allowed per pass attempt. That's the stat I always spotlight. Ohio State allows 5.4, Alabama and Washington at 5.8 and Clemson at 5.9.

Those are all terrific numbers. Once it's that bunched and everybody is very good the differences aren't particularly meaningful, in contrast to 2014 when Florida State was absolutely bogus, allowing more than 7 yards per attempt, and likewise Michigan State last season. Those games were easy pickings from a betting standpoint. And anyone on the committee who ignored the pass defense stat and voted for inclusion of those teams should have been instantly removed.

Too bad there couldn't have been 5 teams this season because Michigan was excellent also. In fact, they lead the nation, allowing 5.4 but fractionally above Ohio State.

The Canes made an impressive advance to 6.3. However, it's a long trek upward to the elite tier. Those 5 teams all had at least 3 more interceptions than touchdown passes allowed. Contrast to the Canes, who had only 8 interceptions while allowing 17 touchdown passes. Ohio State had a pick for every 19 opponent throws while Miami had to see more than 52 passes for every interception.

In my opinion, the 4 best teams at the end of the season were:

1. Alabama
2. USC
3. Ohio State
4. FSU

Advertisement
Back