Who Should be our KR/PR This Season?

jandman514

Senior
Miami needs to get back to having dominant special teams all around and electric Punt returners like Hester, Roscoe, **** even Pimp Collier in 2009. I would only put Duke on kick returns in crucial times we need him as healthy as can be at RB. Dorsett needs to be off PR he doesn't have the shiftiness for it. If i was Golden i would give Artie Burns, Antonio Crawford, Corn Elder, Stacy Coley looks on KR. Dallas Crawford should be our primary PR this season with Coley or Malcolm Lewis backing him up. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Like the topic...and brings up one thing I have always wondered about kick returners (and it may vary between kick-offs and punts), is it better to have elite shiftiness or great top-end speed? Few players have both. I think Coley and Burns are probably one-cut and hit a hole types (though Coley appears to have deceptive hesitation moves as well), while the rest of the guys make make the coverage miss and create yards with jukes and cut-backs, which is probably more appropriate for punts.

I disagree about taking Duke off kick-returns. I don't think there is any higher risk he will get hurt over a running play, and probably a higher chance he breaks a long return, which can be game changing. To me that is like saying we should take him off of third down runs because he might try to fight too hard for the first.

Like the topic...and brings up one thing I have always wondered about kick returners (and it may vary between kick-offs and punts), is it better to have elite shiftiness or great top-end speed? Few players have both. I think Coley and Burns are probably one-cut and hit a hole types (though Coley appears to have deceptive hesitation moves as well), while the rest of the guys make make the coverage miss and create yards with jukes and cut-backs, which is probably more appropriate for punts.

I disagree about taking Duke off kick-returns. I don't think there is any higher risk he will get hurt over a running play, and probably a higher chance he breaks a long return, which can be game changing. To me that is like saying we should take him off of third down runs because he might try to fight too hard for the first.

Im with you bra. !! Perfect example is with Santana Moss or Roscoe parrish as well. We need game changers back there period. Football is a rough sports regardless of the type of play formation , so an injury can happen at any time. Back in our glorious days, we had game changers waiting to take it to the house. We need that flare back on PR duties ASAP!

anybody on Punts but Doresett...he put up the fair catch when the ball was snapped..we need Coley or even Dallas...Dallas runs like Ed reed..not a blazer but has great vision...Kick offs..?? Duke was the GOAT here last year...

Advertisement
its not that i dont want duke hurt but if he takes a kr i dont see him breaking a long run artie/coley KR doresett PR i dont want no rookie with the ball on PR to many bad things can happen

Its not only about hits, its about getting worn down AND hits...cannot afford to have our best player on KR, especially without a proven RB2. Duke gets gassed or hurt, we are ****ed. Not to mention, unless the defense steps up, we will be returning a lot of kicks! lulz

Being fearless and vision are the keys to returning . The greats are decisive, see wedge/opening and hit it full speed.

I'd like to see Dallas on Punt return. Artie, Carter, Coley or Elder on KR. Any combo of those guys.

Use Duke in big games or big moments in a game.

Last edited:
Duke shouldn't be our primary KR guy.

I'd like to see Burns, Antonio Crawford, Dorsett and Elder in the mix back there. They all have straight line speed that I want in my kick returner.

At PR I'd like to see Coley, Lewis, Dallas Crawford and Elder in the mix. I read recently that Coley had a pretty good shuttle time. He's very good in and out of his breaks also. Crawford has that shiftiness needed on PR. As does Elder and Malcolm, although I don't see them putting that load on Lewis this season.

Advertisement
Duke shouldn't be our primary KR guy.

I'd like to see Burns, Antonio Crawford, Dorsett and Elder in the mix back there. They all have straight line speed that I want in my kick returner.

At PR I'd like to see Coley, Lewis, Dallas Crawford and Elder in the mix. I read recently that Coley had a pretty good shuttle time. He's very good in and out of his breaks also. Crawford has that shiftiness needed on PR. As does Elder and Malcolm, although I don't see them putting that load on Lewis this season.

Lewis is a good choice for PR , " if he's a 100%".

Elder also seems like a do it all return guy, worst case scenario I could see him being a Brandon James type for his career.

Advertisement
I have a feeling that Dorsett will be back there on punt returns again this season. The coaches will trust him to make the smart play.

I have a feeling that Dorsett will be back there on punt returns again this season. The coaches will trust him to make the smart play.

you mean fair catch...NO I remember Coach saying in the spring that there will changes at PR.....

I think Duke Johnson should be used situationally (opening kick offs of game and 2nd half, every time possible vs UF and FSU) but not against scrub teams or with a decent lead.

Would like to see someone with more wiggle return punts. Dorsett has nice straight line speed, but he can't make anyone miss, whether returning kicks, punts, or at WR. I literally cannot remember him putting a move on a kid and extending a play.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back