Who scheduled this cotdam game..

skyman

Senior
We get in pillow fights with freakin acc teams yearly, who sat there and said hey its a good idea to play bama when we cheap as **** and hire corches for fun, not committed to building a real program and just in general from top we dont give a single ****..

Hey lets play bama tho.. fml..

Advertisement
I have zero issues scheduling these games. Miami was built off these type of games. The issue isn’t the schedule, the issue is the idiots running the AD.
This isn’t an admin problem, it’s an expectations problem. They aren’t trying to field a national contender, they’re trying to field a good acc team. If we can’t accept that then we should root for someone else.

I have zero issues scheduling these games. Miami was built off these type of games. The issue isn’t the schedule, the issue is the idiots running the AD.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe this is a different era in CFB? Where the disparity in resource allocation between a handful of teams, and everyone else, is more pronounced today than it has ever been in the history of the sport.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Great way to get exposure vs legitimate college football programs. Our real test comes this week

Did it ever occur to you that maybe this is a different era in CFB? Where the disparity in resource allocation between a handful of teams, and everyone else, is more pronounced today then it has ever been in the history of the sport?
What is your point? Miami shouldn’t try to compete for titles because 4-5 other programs are cheating their *** off?

This isn’t an admin problem, it’s an expectations problem. They aren’t trying to field a national contender, they’re trying to field a good acc team. If we can’t accept that then we should root for someone else.
The administration sets the expectations. If they want to compete then they will do everything in their power to compete. It’s simple. Hiring Blake James and Manny Díaz isn’t saying we are in it to win it.

CaneSport - Blake James: We can't be a 6-7 program

Advertisement
The sad part is they can’t even field a good acc team I’m the worst division in CFB. That’s how incompetent the administration is!

True. If the admin can’t finance the team to the level of Alabama then don’t schedule Alabama.
If the University of Miami approached their program with this attitude in the 70’s, we probably shut the program down.

Why are you even a Miami fan? What this small, private, program has accomplished is amazing. Running from big cheating programs isn’t the answer. Improving on your craft is.

Advertisement
If the University of Miami approached their program with this attitude in the 70’s, we probably shut the program down.

Why are you even a Miami fan? What this small, private, program has accomplished is amazing. Running from big cheating programs isn’t the answer. Improving on your craft is.
The game has changed. This isn’t the 70s.

Advertisement
I’m cool with scheduling these types of games, but schedule a team like Texas, USC, Michigan, or any other big name brand that hasn’t dominated CFB for the past decade. Heck, I’m cool with playing SEC schools like UF, A&M, Auburn, etc. but Bama? That’s just a death sentence

The game has changed. This isn’t the 70s.
Thank you, captain obvious. My point still stands, get better leadership, hire better coaches, and get creative to close the gap between the elite and everyone else. Saban isn’t going to live forever. We live in the best high school football land in the world and could compete for titles again if we hire the right staff.

I’m cool with scheduling these types of games, but schedule a team like Texas, USC, Michigan, or any other big name brand that hasn’t dominated CFB for the past decade. Heck, I’m cool with playing SEC schools like UF, A&M, Auburn, etc. but Bama? That’s just a death sentence
Miami has everything to gain and nothing to lose playing Bama. Losing to Bama did nothing to this program because everyone expected it. Now, if we beat Bama then that’s a program changer! Not to mention, playing this game did give us far more exposure than it would have playing FAMU.

Thank you, captain obvious. My point still stands, get better leadership, hire better coaches, and get creative to close the gap between the elite and everyone else. Saban isn’t going to live forever. We live in the best high school football land in the world and could compete for titles again if we hire the right staff.
My point is that they aren’t interested in investing the resources needed to compete with the top 5. It’s not happening. Alabama has long time NFL HCs as analysts snd position coaches. They’re spending 8 figures on a HC. Miami is never going there.

I’m not happy about it. But that’s what it is.

Advertisement
Back