Who might be some big money NIL peeps .

🤔 What do you know of him?

He's a billionaire and he went to UM. He owns Inter Miami and I think Love the U. He's also on the UM board for International Business.

Jorge Mas Santos is a business leader, entrepreneur, and philanthropist. He currently serves as Chairman of the Cuban American National Foundation and Managing Owner of Major League Soccer team Inter Miami CF. Wikipedia
Born: 1963 (age 58 years), Miami, FL
Net worth: 1.3 billion USD (2021) Forbes
Education: University of Miami (MBA), University of Miami (BBA);

Advertisement
Raining Money GIF by memecandy

Advertisement
We've done a good job so far but I've said on here for months, we won't touch what some of the college towns will be able to do in this space. Case in point the QBs at bama and Oklahoma. We're getting media attention but the real dollars are flowing in the SEC

We've done a good job so far but I've said on here for months, we won't touch what some of the college towns will be able to do in this space. Case in point the QBs at bama and Oklahoma. We're getting media attention but the real dollars are flowing in the SEC
Maybe but we are spreading the money up and down the roster and that will attract linemen and linebackers, etc.. basically the non-glamour positions. And if Diaz or TVD blow up, the city of Miami will pay as much for its QB as any city in the country. There are simply more businesses to represent in larger media markets. Same reason that the QB of the Giants has more marketing opportunities than the QB of the Jaguars.

Lots of posters that don’t believe this to be true

Advertisement
I'll say it again, we are going to quickly see scenarios where college kids will stay in "school" because they are making more as a "student athlete" than they could make as a pro. This will certainly be true at the quarterback position.

Guys like Manziel are going to make millions a year once this gets going.

I was thinking about who would be the top earners (adjusted for inflation) over the last 40 years or so.

Prime Time
Bozworth
Bo
Barry
Vince
Desmond
Reggie B
Tim Brown
Payton

I’m interested to see how the money increases after some players start breaking out with big plays.

Gloria and Secada have been sited in the skybox. Otherwise, no real history of support from them. You said non football alumns.

Williamson Cadillac has been a long time supporter of Hurricane Sports.
Pretty sure the owner of Mercedes Benz of Coral Gables is an alumnus. I was there one time and I thought he was a coach, dude was all decked out in UM gear and the sales rep told me he was a big supporter and always dressed like that.

He's a billionaire and he went to UM. He owns Inter Miami and I think Love the U. He's also on the UM board for International Business.

Jorge Mas Santos is a business leader, entrepreneur, and philanthropist. He currently serves as Chairman of the Cuban American National Foundation and Managing Owner of Major League Soccer team Inter Miami CF. Wikipedia
Born: 1963 (age 58 years), Miami, FL
Net worth: 1.3 billion USD (2021) Forbes
Education: University of Miami (MBA), University of Miami (BBA);
As is his brother, Jose Mas the CEO of MasTec

Advertisement
ALL the major programs have alumni and supporters with BIG money. Miami is no exception to that. Just a matter of how much those supporters care. Personally, I don't get the mindset around paying for the best players if all that is in it for me is a winning team. That's dumb and pathetic really. I certainly get the truly mutually beneficial relationships, but the above the table or under the table "bag man" concept is really pathetic. The fact that Bama fans, who largely live within the state of Alabama (one of the poorest states in the union), are willing to cheat just for bragging rights in CFB is a really sad and pathetic thing to think about.

Advertisement
Back