Who is your prediction for our QB next season?

Advertisement
Rosier' combined stats throwing and running gets him a seat at Heisman Award ceremony.

****!!! You feel like that about Rosier? I like him , too... and see him doing well with this team. I hope you're correct.

I don't know much about Sherriff, but I'm interested to see what he can do.

I think I read somewhere that Shirreffs is the fastest QB on the roster. For his size, that's kind of scary. I'm really glad that every QB we have can move.

If Perry ends up 3rd on the chart and is given a RS will he end up transferring or would he be willing to sit for 3 years before ever starting?

This isn't an outrageous question at all. QBs with potential don't wait around for their turn. If Shirreffs starts and excels, ' is likely gone. It's the way of the world these days.

No.

But Sherrifs isn't starting anyways. Rosier will start. Pete might hate him, but he's y far the best option

I don't think Pete hates him. I think Pete knows Rosier hasn't demonstrated the skill set to be a P5 conference starting QB. Best case scenario was that ' would come in and blow away the competition. That's clearly not happening.
And Shirreifs has ? This was his first good scrimmage . Rosier has actually started and won a P5 conference game .

Advertisement
If Perry ends up 3rd on the chart and is given a RS will he end up transferring or would he be willing to sit for 3 years before ever starting?

This isn't an outrageous question at all. QBs with potential don't wait around for their turn. If Shirreffs starts and excels, ' is likely gone. It's the way of the world these days.

No.

But Sherrifs isn't starting anyways. Rosier will start. Pete might hate him, but he's y far the best option

I don't think Pete hates him. I think Pete knows Rosier hasn't demonstrated the skill set to be a P5 conference starting QB. Best case scenario was that ' would come in and blow away the competition. That's clearly not happening.
And Shirreifs has ? This was his first good scrimmage . Rosier has actually started and won a P5 conference game .

Before anyone ever won a game, they didn't. I'm really glad you taught me that.

No.

No QB on the roster has proven anything. My point was very simply that Sherriffs appears to be leading, and if he wins the job and excels, ' is likely transferring because highly regarded QB prospects don't wait around 3 years for a chance to start anymore.

Advertisement
I've been saying Perry and I'm not changing my pick. Next scrimmage will tell us all what we've been asking.

Should find out soon enough if Richt plans to narrow things. Top 2 will be getting most burn in future scrimmages.

I haven't seen any of them play significant minutes as a D-1 QB. No way I'd care to make a prediction based on the limited data available. Heck, most of us haven't even seen these guys scrimmage in practice.

If this was a throwaway season I'd say Perry has a chance, but IMO he doesn't. He needs to RS and learn, he'll get his chance. I think we've got two pretty good options that we can win with.

Advertisement
All including the other contenders say Sheriff in really smart
Richt completely minimized Rozier's superior numbers on Sat.
Perry would have to have hit a hom run which he didn't.
Sheriff as of now.

It's still up for grabs at this point. Even Richt mentioned in his post-scrimmage interview that the young QB's have the most to gain over the next week. I think the coaches are now focused on 3-4 QB's. After Sat, it will be down to two taking reps with the 1's.

The starting QB will not be the best athlete nor most gifted passer. He will be the guy that Richt believes can distribute the ball to his playmakers while minimizing mistakes/turnovers. We will know so much more after this week and especially after Saturday.

Here is the QB rating for the scrimmage based on the stats we were given.

Rozier- 236 (8/14,181,3 td)
Sheriff-174 (10/14,132,1 td)
Perry- 68 (6/15,68,1 int)

Advertisement
Rosier' combined stats throwing and running gets him a seat at Heisman Award ceremony.

****!!! You feel like that about Rosier? I like him , too... and see him doing well with this team. I hope you're correct.

I don't know much about Sherriff, but I'm interested to see what he can do.

I think I read somewhere that Shirreffs is the fastest QB on the roster. For his size, that's kind of scary. I'm really glad that every QB we have can move.

You read a lie.

It's truly amazing what a few comments from insiders can do to you guys. You went from hating Shirreffs and thinking he was useless and didn't belong at the P5 level to having him run the Golden Child off campus based on a few comments.

Meanwhile, Rosier dominated, and we're hearing nothing about him because you guys didn't get the go ahead to praise him from insiders. I see how Jim Jones did it.

No.

No QB on the roster has proven anything. My point was very simply that Sherriffs appears to be leading, and if he wins the job and excels, ' is likely transferring because highly regarded QB prospects don't wait around 3 years for a chance to start anymore.

I'm just wondering why you're so quick to dismiss Rosier . Rosier is the only QB on the roster who has proven he can actually win a game , how he has he not demonstrated the skill set to be a P5 conference starting QB ? And if he hasn't, what does that say about Shirrefs who hasn't been able to win the job yet over him ?

Advertisement
Back