Who is the worst Miami coach of all time?

Who is the worst ever Miami coach?

• Total voters
No coach on the list faced the recruiting challenges that Golden faced. The slow ticking Shapiro NCAA scandal hovered over his tenure. He was not and was never going to be the coach to lead the program long term to greatness, but it would be disingenuous to disregard the impact the black cloud had o n his recruiting efforts.

He also recruited the best guys on Mannys defense. So that tells you a lot about Mannys crooting.

Advertisement
My buddy Shannon even though we went to the same high school I must say he was awful. However Manolo is heavily breathing on his coattails.

No coach on the list faced the recruiting challenges that Golden faced. The slow ticking Shapiro NCAA scandal hovered over his tenure. He was not and was never going to be the coach to lead the program long term to greatness, but it would be disingenuous to disregard the impact the black cloud had o n his recruiting efforts.
Butch faced a much more severe recruiting situation.

Golden stunk. No need to make excuses for him.

How Larry Coker is last in this poll is beyond my comprehension. There is no Randy Shannon, Al Golden, Mark Richt, or Manny Diaz if Dumbo never got promoted. Talk about a staff that couldn't develope talent, couldn't gameplan, and recruited by rivals rankings. Everything that is wrong with our program started with Larry Coker as head coach.
Coker reminds me of Gerald Ford who took over as president after Nixon resigned.

Anybody old enough to remember "WIN" buttons? Gerald Ford thought wearing buttons would help us defeat serious inflation in our economy.

Guy was such a yokel. Some said he suffered lasting brain injury from too many hits playing center at Michigan.

Such a bland unimpressive President he was defeated by Jimmy Carter in the only election where he ran for President.

Where is Coker now?

Advertisement
Coker took over a program that was Bama-level loaded and ran it into the ground in 5 years. *** and manny are truly terrible in their own ways but let’s not forget what got us here.

I voted goldie cause I simply don’t want to believe than we are back in this ‘crappy coach / fairly talented roster/ fertel recruiting ground but don’t-know-what-to-do-with-it/warranted high expectations on team’ stage any longer.

I truly thought we had moved on from that and I’m sad. I simply don’t want to believe I voted wrong in this poll but fear I may have. 😞

Advertisement
Diazter is the worst by a mile, he has no redeeming qualities as a coach, to me he’s already on borrowed time..

However I am surprised there’s not more hate for Coker, his incompetent *** turned us from a Ferrari to beat up Honda Civic in a few short years..we’ve never recovered from him and have been on a precipitous slide ever since..I actually hate him much more than Shannon or golden, those two bozos just inherited a shambles of a program and a turn around was above their capabilities..

Randy Shannon! Nothing to do with his coaching but his interviews still make me cringe.... They were as bad as FSU’s backpack. Terrible coach too

any other answer besides larry coker is wrong. when you take that, THAT, as in THAT f*cking program, as in bama levels of juggernautness, to 48-0 to close out the OB vs. UVA, you are worst coach in the history of anything.

Advertisement
Shannon was by a Country Mile the worst UM coach in the last 20 years! Not even close!

A little surprised Shannon is getting so many votes.

I always thought Golden was more hated.

Golden had worse teams, but Shannon took over closer to the glory days when a recovery should have been fairly quick and easy. They’re about a wash I guess.

Everybody on this board claims to hate Diaz, although I can tell that some people are secretly slurping him because they don’t think you can judge a coach until year 4.
If you are on your 5th wife, usually the 4th is currently most hated. You tend to forget exactly how bad the earlier one were. Like right now, I am trying to remember why I though Randy sucked so much. Whatever it was, he seems to be the last coach we had who recruited any sort of speed at all. We've been a herd of buffaloes with three legs since his last recruits left. Heck we scored a kickoff and punt return against the Sweater in the frigging Horseshoe -- I was there and the crowd was stunned. Then I remember that Randys' defenses couldn't stop even slow white dudes running out of the QB position and team couldn't line up for a play on time. But all three of those traits remain but without speed.

any other answer besides larry coker is wrong. when you take that, THAT, as in THAT f*cking program, as in bama levels of juggernautness, to 48-0 to close out the OB vs. UVA, you are worst coach in the history of anything.

That was Randy that lost 48-0 to close out the OB.

Advertisement
That was Randy that lost 48-0 to close out the OB.

ok but that was randy's 1st season. the roster was so barren of talent at that point, i think brian monroe was taking snaps at WR. that's the state of the team coker left shannon.

Worst or best cause of death, your choice.

1. .50 cal to the head.
2. run over by freight train
3. bone cancer
4. married with children

Worst or best cause of death, your choice.

1. .50 cal to the head.
2. run over by freight train
3. bone cancer
4. married with children

1p737r.gif

Advertisement
Back