Who is the RB we offered out of blue visiting this weekend?

He reminds me of Matt Jones

Not nearly big enough, but I can see it for sure. I think he's more like Karlos Williams with that wirey frame. I'm OK with him. We don't have anyone on the roster with his skill set/body type. Could be interesting to see him on 3rd downs.

He seems to be a legit 6'2. We need to remember that his strides look different than your typical running back body type. I'm not saying he's a legit 4.6, it's just a reminder -- everyone is going to **** all over whoever we target at this point.

He's probably never going to be a full time back for us; I see him being in the role of a Jason Geathers -- a RB/WR hybrid. I like him more than Mann because he brings something different to the table than what we already have.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have to wonder what the staff is thinking in offering this kid instead of 2014 RB Dandre Ferby from ensworth. I think they are looking at recruiting services rather than evaluations, because Ferby's body of work at running back is more impressive. But we have to trust the staff on this one

Here some additional highlights of Mcknight He looks like a poor mans James Wilder
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/467970/highlights/37250397

Go Canes

Advertisement
Lol miss on Sony Patel, Dalvin Cook, and an Alpoo(Diabeetus gut Golden) blunder with Brandon Powell........offer this ******* guy. Inb4 someone compares him to Derrick Henry at Bama(Had one good game against legit comp thus far)

Alex Collins
Sony Michel
Dalvin Cook
Brandon Powell
Tarean Folston
**** it Brandon Radcliffe

Cot ****.......Golden/Hurlie/Trich when he was here offer these "tall" backs when those guys USUALLY don't workout unless they are ATHLETIC FREAKS.

I get we missed on Collins, Powell, Cook, and Sony, thus making us hurt for quality depth, but this is nothing more than a roster filler.

Duke and Yearby are Miami backs. Nobody else on our roster or that we've talked about are. That Juco Deandre Mann was at least the best of the worst.

Mcnight was expected to be a top 10 recruit in Luisiana next year if he had not been reclassified.

Don't sleep on this kid. He's been thinking he would have a whole year left to play hs and go to camps. Then he switches it up and now has months to decide where he's going to college. Most kids don't think about that as a JR. He was supposed to be a top 10 player in LA next year. Get him on campus let him red shirt and get him ready for 14.

Advertisement
I have to wonder what the staff is thinking in offering this kid instead of 2014 RB Dandre Ferby from ensworth. I think they are looking at recruiting services rather than evaluations, because Ferby's body of work at running back is more impressive. But we have to trust the staff on this one

Here some additional highlights of Mcknight He looks like a poor mans James Wilder

Go Canes

DannyBoy strikes again. We get it. You like Ferby. ****, I like him too. Doesn't need to be brought in to every RB thread.

Go Canes

For the umpteenth time.. Ferby is being recruited by schools to play LB! Not only are you stubborn and uterrly persistent when its comes to these under the radar kids, but you are also a ******* ******.

There is nothing wrong with being a poor mans James Wilder, we could have used him in some short yardage situations this year. I agree that giving this kid a redshirt year to add 20lbs would make a very big difference is his game, he could be a steal.

Go Canes

mcknight doesnt get caught from behind. he is very raw but i am not sure he deserved the danny dillard label. lol

Advertisement
According to NOLA High School Sports Mcknight will be an early enrollee as well as having moved up a year! I am thinking this could be a major factor in the recent offer along with his running ability.

highschoolsports.nola.com | Leonard fournette & cameron robinson take-top-spots-in-class-of-2014-recruiting-rankings

31. Kameron McKnight, ATH, East Feliciana, 6-2, 200, PR: 26

McKnight's junior season will be his final one because of age limitations by the Louisiana High School Athletic Association, so he has been moved to the 2014 class. He could graduate early and enroll in college after this coming season. He is a dangerous running back for East Feliciana.

Go canes

Have read several places that our coaches have told a number of kids/ HS coaches that we are "done" at RB.

I wonder if maybe this kid is being looked at for some other position. LB maybe. Or maybe his unique situation made them reconsider. Bottom line is, seems they have spread the word to some extent that they are probably NOT taking another RB in this class, so if they suddenly go back on that, it must be because they see something special in a kid.

Advertisement
This dude is better than Dillard, and he's, IMHO, better than Ferby. Plus the kid is very versatile. He can play multiple positions.

This dude is better than Dillard, and he's, IMHO, better than Ferby. Plus the kid is very versatile. He can play multiple positions.

I actually like his film, he's also faster than some of these guys are making him sound. He's got long strides, like Ciatrick Fason . Think there's upside at lb after a year in s&c program.

Go Canes

Considering your tragic history with bears, I'm surprised your constantly bringing up a dude named Ferby. I applaud you on not holding a grudge against the pelted.

Advertisement
Back