Bowman Archibald 3*

Charles Perry 3*

Emonee Spence 3*

Scott Patchan 3*

Ryan Fines 3*

Hayden Mahoney 3*

Kevin Feder 3*

Leeward Brown 3*

So according to ESPN we look like great group but according to 247 it looks like we average talent not good.

Advertisement
our recruiting class is ranked around the same overall in both services sooooo kinda doesn't matter

247 is a collection of everyones stars, those stars might change on their site, i agree with ESPNs evals this class, except them not putting tim on the 300 list

Advertisement
Advertisement
Espn, to me, has a more reputable and knowledgeable staff/writers on their recruiting website and give a pretty good analysis on a ton of kids if you're an insider. Who knows what plumber/mechanic/janitor 247 employs to write for them.

Don't know if one is really better then the other but it is better to be rated high by Espn since its a hype machine

I like 247 because their composite score is the average based off of all 3 services. It doesn't tell the whole picture but it gives you a glimpse of what they see but I've spoken to several coaches and they will tell you majority of the time they don't agree with the services and the fades they give out especially when a kid is a 3 or 4 star and wants to be one higher the coach has good relations with these "analysts" and can get a kid to the next star as a favor. I've already seen it used as a recruiting tool.

Advertisement
Not that it matters because both sites rankings will change one or two more times - but since espn just updated theirs two days ago they are a lil more fresh. Still the fact they don't have Tim Irvin on there makes me think they lose all credibility.

Advertisement
I have contemplated joining a paid site myself, but all information finds its way to this site either first or second hand. For that, I am grateful to those who keep this site fresh with info.

ESPN gives out way too many 4 stars. They currently have 499 players ranked a 4 star or better. By far the most of any site. 247 currently has 374 for the second most which seems about right to me. 500 4 and 5 stars given out before the spring evals seems crazy to me.

ESPN gives out way too many 4 stars. They currently have 499 players ranked a 4 star or better. By far the most of any site. 247 currently has 374 for the second most which seems about right to me. 500 4 and 5 stars given out before the spring evals seems crazy to me.

this for sure

Advertisement
Back