Who have we lost to, that we were supposed beat?

i predicted that we would lose at least one that we should have won and win one that we should have lost. that loss for me was UNC. if we beat VT next thursday that would be the one that at the beginning of the season I thought we would lose. usf, virginia and duke should be winners. if so, we would be 8-4 or if we drop one of the next four then we are 7-5, more or less what we are and where we should be.

Advertisement
With our lack of talent and experience, we were never a team who could have been expected to win even half of our games this year.

We have overachieved so far winning several games that we easily could have and should have lost. We have won 3 games that we trailed by at least 2 scores at one time.

If we finish 6-6 (or better), it would be one heck of an accomplishment.

With our lack of talent and experience, we were never a team who could have been expected to win even half of our games this year.

We have overachieved so far winning several games that we easily could have and should have lost. We have won 3 games that we trailed by at least 2 scores at one time.

though no one wants to hear that, it really is true.. there's a reason herbie said "al golden should have a party if he gets that team to 6-6".. there's unbiased folks that predicted we'd win no more than 4 games this season... we've done that with 4 games left, and our schedule get's a bit easier now.

Agree with most posts here. As bad as we have looked at times, and as good at others, we squandered opportunity against UNC, but the other 3 losses were to two top 5 teams and one of the best d's in the country and top ten team. Imagine if we pulled out that UNC game, this board I think would be much different as far as attitude towards these kids. We don't have the depth to keep up with those top teams right now, but we will soon.

These next four games will really show us what we are working with. It starts with VT, a chance to grab the bull by the horns, and with the bye, I really think we come out strong. If we crap the bed then we go 6-6 at best. But who would've thought we would be sitting in a spot to control our destiny and win our division with just 4 games left? I know it's hard for us, but looking at it OBJECTIVELY, we are still ahead of the curve here. The question is can this young team seize the moment which would be huuuuuge carrying into next year.

though no one wants to hear that, it really is true.. there's a reason herbie said "al golden should have a party if he gets that team to 6-6".. there's unbiased folks that predicted we'd win no more than 4 games this season... we've done that with 4 games left, and our schedule get's a bit easier now.

proxy.php

Advertisement
I agree with the poster who said it's not the losses but how we are losing.

We're young, there are problems I get that.

Had we played KSU or ND to within a score or two I could live with that and believe that we are improving.

Fact is we got blasted by both of those teams. Both teams ran up and down the field on us and we couldn't do anything about it. ND imposed their will against us in the second half, it was sobering and embarrassing. They ran almost the entire half, we knew it was coming and even still we couldn't stop it. That's getting dominated.

A lot of you guys like to brag that when UM beats a team we don't just beat them once we beat them twice because the loss stays with that team into the next week and beyond.

Well guess what? ND fighting a$$holes didn't beat us once, they beat us the past three weeks. We were demoralized and humiliated. I didn't expect to win the game. I can take a loss. I never thought that we would be so inept and look so bad, it was almost like we were an FCS school playing one of the big boys.

Losses hurt they are never easy. I knew we weren't going to win a NC with this team, but I at least thought we would compete in every game just like last season. We have very few playmakers on either side of the ball and we are so inconsistent and bad at times that it's almost become comical at this point.

I see some improvement but not nearly as much as I thought I would see once all these young guys started to play more into the season. These kids are no longer freshman they should know the scheme by now we just do not have the horses to get it done. That's the damnable misery of it all.

JMO

The expectation that we be super competitive with top 10 teams is not overly realistic, not at this stage at least. I mean, our youth and lack of depth doesn't lend itself to that.. Again, we're not putting up these terrible performances against NC State, UNC etc... i'd be concerned if we were getting blown out by that caliber team. The reality is, we're not that good.... we're young and we have minimal depth. It is what it is.

In looking at everything from the preseason, from unbiased observers, we were supposed to be much worse than we are.... those people see our reality... we, for whatever reason, don't think reality applies.. we have a U on the side of the helmet so that means we should just automatically be good.. it doesn't work that way.

What's funny about this is those same Nuetral observers claimed golden walked In to a good situation in 2011....had one of the most talented teams in the acc coastal and the acc as a whole and predicted 10 wins in some cases. But of course this info was discounted by lrg. Granted there were some suspensions but how do you explain the loss to bc? A team who lost more games to injury/ suspension than miami did that year? In fact, a full power miami team got beat by a handicapped 3-8 bc team.

Here's the thing though...even before the suspensions guys like lrg where making excuses about Miami's talent level.

If you did a poll on the worst 100 post in miami website history lrg would have Atleast 30 with a miami 2004 draft like 6 of the top 10.

Advertisement
Back