Who have we lost to, that we were supposed beat?

DaU83

Senior
I know 4-4 sucks and no one wants to lose,but let's look at things objectively for a second.. do we have any L's that were guaranteed W's? KSU, ND, UNC, FSU.. We weren't "supposed" to beat any of those teams... UNC was always going to be a toss up, weren't they favored? Now, of the 4 W's .. who were we "supposed" to beat? The BCs and that's it, and even boston college was a tossup, really. GT and NC state were tossups, we were supposedly going to get trounced by both teams... but it didn't happen, I don't remember if we were favored for the NC State game, but I know we were 2 or 3 TD dogs in the gt game.

The only people that should be mad right now are Dannyboy and anyone else who didn't have realistic expectations.. anyone else who predicted 5-8 wins.. guess what, that's what we're headed for because that's what we are.

Advertisement
UNC... coulda woulda shoulda.... the other 3 were right on. I think that even.FSU is upset it was more a game than.they wanted.

It's how we're losing. We don't look very good on either side of the ball.

Advertisement
The UNC game we should have won, and that's it.

And the marked improvement on defense since the ND game has coincided with the marked regression of the offense, unfortunately. Really, after Dorsett's drops to start off the ND game, we haven't been the same offensively since. Lots of things have contributed to that, but that's when our offense started coming back down to earth.

The UNC game is one we lost. They didn't win it, we lost it. Still, beat VT and everything's good with the team again.

Advertisement
UNC by far and away

If I had a second complaint on the losses:
I was disappointed with how we played vs ND and KSU, the losing sucked, but how we lost those games sucked worse

Advertisement
You could say UNC, but they were favored by 6.5
I could care less about lines that Vegas sets. UNC is a game we should have won, period.

I think most people would say UNC was a tossup. It's not like we lost to BC or UVA.
Most people feel like we should beat Duke at the end of the season, too. Duke just beat UNC.

We should have beaten UNC. If our offense plays as well as it had the 2 games prior to that one, then we should have not only beaten UNC regardless of the spread, but raped and pillaged them as well.

I think we had a great chance at UNC and that we had a real shot at taking control of the fsu game in the first half. That doesn't mean I EXPECTED us to win or that we SHOULD'VE won, but we had good shots in those games.

Them again, we made it out of a few close shootouts at other places in the season. Can't win all those games, so I'm ok with our record as it is right now (of course, I'd love it to be better)

we coulda shoulda beat UNC BUT at the same time I think they are a better team than us right now. better quality depth across the board (especially on defense), future pro bowler at RB, really solid QB.

Advertisement
shouldve beaten UNC. home game, chance to get back the momentum of the season before FSU, and control the coastal. very bad loss IMO. D has looked better since the NC state game. Even against ND for a half we were right there just our offense couldnt help them out same w FSU and UNC.

Since Vegas doesn't give two ***** who wins a game, I would go by them because they are unbiased. Reporters and Journalists are biased, so I wouldn't go by them.

UNC we could have won and should have won.

At beginning of season the O was making great over the middle pass and catch plays! The past 3 game we have just about given up on the middle of the field! I would dare say that we had more passes, over the middle, to Davon Johnson, in the Ga Tech game, than we have had over the middle passes in total during the past 3 games! We also ran many more run plays off of tackle the first 5 games! Now we are doing razzle dazzle and tosses to the outside! Just not sure why we have so significantly changed our O. As I have posted in other threads .... I'm not sure what type of O we are trying to run!!!!

Advertisement
Back