Who had the best College and Pro career combined?

Best Overall Career

• Ted Hendricks

Votes: 47 13.4%
  • Ray Lewis

Votes: 69 19.6%
  • Michael Irving

Votes: 68 19.3%
  • Russell Maryland

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Cortez Kennedy

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • Ed Reed

Votes: 236 67.0%
  • Jim Kelly

Votes: 18 5.1%
  • Warren Sapp

Votes: 22 6.3%

• Total voters
Advertisement
Advertisement
Off your list Ed Reed (GOAT safety), then Lewis and Hendricks. I would have also included Andre Johnson who at one time was the best WR in the league.
I thought about it. But the fact he didn't really post season success in NFL(I get it, not all his fault). But most on this list had some post season success in the NFL. Even Kelly going to 4 straight SB is impressive in it's on right

I think it's Ed Reed and I don't think it's close. He may have the best college + pro resume out of anyone in history.

-Won championships at both levels
-Led the defense on the greatest college football team ever assembled
-Holds multiple NFL records at his position
-Is considered one of the best safeties, if not the best, in NFL history
-NFL hall of fame
-Could keep going on...

I don't know how you accomplish more than that.

Advertisement
I thought about it. But the fact he didn't really post season success in NFL(I get it, not all his fault). But most on this list had some post season success in the NFL. Even Kelly going to 4 straight SB is impressive in it's on right
AJ was a beast.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would have to agree.

On a side note, we always talk about the legedary Sean Taylor vs FSU in the rain and rightfully so, but I will never forget Russell Maryland's complete demoliton of the Texas OL in the 91 Cotton Bowl. Unblockable.
Makes me sad thinking about what Sean career could have been. Of course, there are more accomplished players, Sean Taylor was my favorite. Met him in South Beach once, he was so laid back.

It’s hard to make any kind of argument against Reed. He’s won championships at both levels and is in the conversation for greatest ever at both levels. I’d say Ed Reed is one of the All time greatest football players, regardless of position, ever.

Advertisement
Back