Who getting the video of the scrimmage Sat. night and posting for us?

Yes and I’m not taking that back but if your going to even try to run the ball in todays game you must have your OL at a elite level.
Our OL rush blocking isn’t going to get fixed over night. Run blocking is all about timing and that takes time. This first season, like any new offense or defense, we’ll have our issues. That doesn’t mean you don’t try to run the ball.

Advertisement
We don’t need an elite OL to run the ball on 90% of our schedule. Nobody thinks we’re going to be able to just run all over the top teams in the country year 1. But this unit can 100% run effectively on the likes of Duke and Virginia.
well that’s really comforting. lol

The last thing I’m going to say on this is Mario was asked when he announced that he would not change what was working. He was asked that because we had become a proficient scoring machine with a great Quaterback. Now hopefully we will still keep parts of that offense intact. We shall see. Bottom line our defense was horrible last year and the good news is we look better. GO CANES ! 👍❤️🙌

Not surprisingly to hear about DJ Ivey. Not only is the light not coming on, I think it’s gone out!
I noticed it last year. He’s not even willing to tackle. He’s just so unsure. ***** broke him. Or he was just never going to have it. It’s too bad because he has all the physical tools you could possibly want in a Corner. Just no it factor.
We have enough depth at corner and corner/safety that we shouldn’t have to play him. He always seems to make the kind of play that will cost you games.

Advertisement
We have enough depth at corner and corner/safety that we shouldn’t have to play him. He always seems to make the kind of play that will cost you games.
Some guys have the mental aspect down and the “desire” to make plays in spite of physical limitations

DJ Ivy has very rarely shown in a game that he possesses these traits, and if anything is wasting his physical gifts

I’m more curious to hear about the different schemes for run blocking than the actual success…I just want to hear about some diversity in the run game. Hopefully someone chimes in with a report later today.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It should be, considering we can only play the teams that are on our schedule. We talented enough to run the ball fine on everyone except 2 teams. You’re mad at 10-2?
I miss read that sorry but that is just shear speculation and a insult to the conference. Where do you get this ? We were not a runnng team last year. Your just missing the whole point, NOBODY RUNS THE BALL ANYMORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been on this site long enough to have been through a ton of fall camp scrimmage threads. What is being described by those who were there sounds like competition across the board and that’s all We can ask for. Frankly it’s the #1 thing that’s been missing here along with many other things which seem to be getting addressed.

Defense got after it but it sounds like the offense took what they were given.How many times have we heard of flat out lob sided scrimmages over the years? I feel like more times than not in our recent era of mediocrity.

Limited penalties, tackling, and knowing your assignment? Yeah that’s good stuff in scrimmage #1 in my book

Last edited:
Advertisement
We don’t need an elite OL to run the ball on 90% of our schedule. Nobody thinks we’re going to be able to just run all over the top teams in the country year 1. But this unit can 100% run effectively on the likes of Duke and Virginia.
Should gash: FSU, Duke, GT, VT, UVA, the G5's and BCU

50/50: UNC (recruited DL like crazy + Chizik pressure), Pitt (Knighton hit 4.7YPC vs Pitt in '21)

Tough sleddin': Clemson, TAMU- both have recruited DL well

Truse but I can’t laugh at this one considering that an innocent young lady and her dog were burned to death in the collision he caused.
Not meant to be funny as I agree the death of the young lady and her dog is horrible. He should fry for what he did

Advertisement
Back