Who getting the video of the scrimmage Sat. night and posting for us?

Not surprisingly to hear about DJ Ivey. Not only is the light not coming on, I think it’s gone out!
I noticed it last year. He’s not even willing to tackle. He’s just so unsure. ***** broke him. Or he was just never going to have it. It’s too bad because he has all the physical tools you could possibly want in a Corner. Just no it factor.

Advertisement
Holy crap people have really lost their god**** minds tonight? Respectfully our OC was not micromanaged. He ran what he wanted to run, and may have adjusted as the day unfolded.
Well, historically when Miami is really good the defense almost always beats up the offense. Kevin Steele is Grade A coordinator. Add in his assistants and this is arguably the best defensive staff in the country. We may not have AA tackles but we have numbers and they are going to keep coming for 4 quarters. Secondary play is going to be vastly different than what we've seen in the recent past.

Advertisement
WR will probably be the weakness of the team. Gattis will earn his paycheck this year by scheming open the TEs and RBs… I don’t think he’s gonna get much help from our WRs.

From Rivals. They had both on the ground..​

UPDATES​

- Xavier Restrepo is dominating early on. Three catches in and the scrimmage just started.
- Offense marched right down the field with the focus continuing to be Restrepo. Ran a nice route on cornerback Tecory Couch
- Offensive line play has been really solid. TVD has been getting comfortable pockets
- Defense responds with a three and out. Big stop on a 3rd and short.
- Defense starting to play tough. James Williams & Leonard Taylor got sacks.
- Citizen down. Lower body injury.
- Defense is looking like another level of physical in this scrimmage
- Restrepo keeps the momentum going on a solid day. Makes a big 3rd down catch
- Defense forces another stop. No big plays happening really. Defense has been bringing a lot of pressure tonight
- Rooster & Parrish looking like the lead backs today
- The dink and dunk offense is continuing. Defense giving up no chunk plays.
- Jake Garcia scores on a zone read run.
- Key’shawn Smith still the only receiver to score. Made it happen on a out route
- Offense still can’t going in the vertical passing attack & still struggling to run the ball. Defense only giving up short/intermediate stuff and even that is contested
- Isaiah Horton catches a big vertical pass along the sideline and then gets hurt. Third player to go down today
- Restrepo is running some routes today. Keeps forcing holding penalties
- Another big catch. This time by Restrepo. WR1 might be crowned today
- Jaleel Skinner is going to be really good. You can see the difference in athleticism. Him & Arroyo will be a matchup nightmare in 2023
- Brashard Smith drops an easy one. Was wide open on a hitch
- and a huge catch by Colbie Young! Contested catch on two defenders
- Elijah Roberts has stepped up today on the DL. Seems to be everywhere
- Chaney running pretty well compared to the other backs.
- Rooster finally gets a nice run. Been a rough day overall for him
- Chaney touchdown catch in the flats
- Mallory big TD catch on a wheel...Took a huge hit. Might have been a sack though
- Steele has been dialing up pressures all night. Different than in years past as the DBs have been pretty stingy behind the pressures
- Frierson beautiful pick in a middle field robber technique. QB didn't even see him.

HEADLINERS​

- Restrepo caught about 8 passes tonight. Was virtually uncoverable in the slot. Looks like he’s about 200-pounds right now too. The relationship with TVD is obviously there.
- Defensive coordinator looks like a home run hire if the first scrimmage is what is to come. He brought pressure all night, bringing defensive backs & giving the QBs tough looks. Dominated the run game as well. Not nearly as many voids in coverage despite heavy pressure as with Manny Diaz’s scheme.
Rooster and Parish should not be the starting. They should be used as 3rd down backs and slot.

We need Chaney to build off this scrimmage and feel more comfortable with his knee and we're golden. Need Citizen to get healthy quick.

Advertisement
Michigan 2021 receiving stats by position.
Red = RB 62 receptions
Blue = WR 109 receptions
Orange = TE 77 receptions
I watch a lot of their games being I live in Michigan. Anecdotally Gattis seemed to scheme up a lot in the passing game for his RB’s and TE’s. Quite a few drops (and inaccurate passes to open receivers) that I remember too by WR’s and a lot of crossing routes where they caught the ball shallow but had plenty of room for YAC. We will have more talent than Michigan other than OL imo.

Attachments

• 26025D5E-57D4-46FE-804F-7B76E061506A.jpeg
    26025D5E-57D4-46FE-804F-7B76E061506A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
Rooster and Parish should not be the starting. They should be used as 3rd down backs and slot.

We need Chaney to build off this scrimmage and feel more comfortable with his knee and we're golden. Need Citizen to get healthy quick.
Exactly what I've been saying both are APBs.....they do the same sht ....Chaney and Citizen are complete backs ....no way Chaney gets pushed out the door like coach Macho was trying to say could happen....how can Miami play power ball with only two little guys? Doesn't make sense this ain't HS 😂 you need a bigger back to form a balanced attack with 3rd down types.....you can still occasionally use them inside.....but when you have Chaney, Thad and Citizen body types on the roster a power coach is going to use at "least" two during the season...

Advertisement
Michigan 2021 receiving stats by position.
Red = RB 62 receptions
Blue = WR 109 receptions
Orange = TE 77 receptions
I watch a lot of their games being I live in Michigan. Anecdotally Gattis seemed to scheme up a lot in the passing game for his RB’s and TE’s. Quite a few drops (and inaccurate passes to open receivers) that I remember too by WR’s and a lot of crossing routes where they caught the ball shallow but had plenty of room for YAC. We will have more talent than Michigan other than OL imo.
Yikes. #1 WR had 40 catches.

Yikes. #1 WR had 40 catches.
Yup. A lot of variables in play too. Their strength was OL and running the ball. They won every game (minus MSU and playoffs) so they ran the clock out a lot. They even blew out OSU. My glass half full take is we have better TE’s, RB’s and QB (by a long shot) and similar talent at WR. The wild card is the OL and run game.

Advertisement
Exactly what I've been saying both are APBs.....they do the same sht ....Chaney and Citizen are complete backs ....no way Chaney gets pushed out the door like coach Macho was trying to say could happen....how can Miami play power ball with only two little guys? Doesn't make sense this ain't HS 😂 you need a bigger back to form a balanced attack with 3rd down types.....you can still occasionally use them inside.....but when you have Chaney, Thad and Citizen body types on the roster a power coach is going to use at "least" two during the season...
I think Macho is one the best posters here but when he said that I practically spit my coffee out laughing.

Advertisement
Back