who did more damage to the football program

Boarcane

All ACC
Donna or Nevin?
1313376801.jpg

Advertisement
Donna as she took the wind out of the sails and took the complete meaning of caring away from the program. Nevin at least kept our players happy and made it a cool place to come.

In my opinion... If another national championship trophy means having a guy like Nevin back, then I take that all day !!!! Donna ruined it, Nevin made it.

What damage did Nevin ultimately do?

Under Golden we would still have a ****** record, ****** conference play, and more wasted highly rated recruits. Nevins only real fault was giving Goldens fat *** an excuse for being ****** at his job. Though I guess that's been a real kick in the nuts.

Donna, and there is no second place. Her totally inept HC hires are testimony to her complete lack of judgement.

Advertisement
Here's a question for this board who's 70+ grandmother gives a **** about football? Now you see why this program is in the shape its in and getting worse every time the second hand on the clock moves!!!!

Donna and it aint close.

All Nevin did was get Golden an extension which is terrible, but it doesn't override what has happened to athletics under Donna.

Here's a question for this board who's 70+ grandmother gives a **** about football? Now you see why this program is in the shape its in and getting worse every time the second hand on the clock moves!!!!

Do you think other university presidents are all 30 year old jocks?

University presidents are nerdy, old academics.

Advertisement
Donna is why nevin happened. Look at troglodyte ***** drooling at that check. Probably jizzed herself thinking about the new floor that could be put in the medical center or something

Larry Coker--and it is not even close nor up for discussion.

He took a Ferrari that was on cruise control and just needed to not mess things up.

Unfortunately, he did mess things up. That led to hiring an inept coach in Randy, which in turn, led to hiring an even more incompetent coach in Al.

When Butch left, he had this program in a position such that the school could have cherry-picked any coach they wanted to come in and parlay the already assembled NFL-sequel team into a big payday.

Instead, the administration listened to the players--who were college kids jaded and unconditionally loyal to Coker--as to who to hire when Butch left.

EDIT: just saw the topic was Nevin or Donna. I thought it was a question with anyone in play. In that case, Donna. She's second behind Coker, particularly with her handling of the Orange Bowl

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Donna as she took the wind out of the sails and took the complete meaning of caring away from the program. Nevin at least kept our players happy and made it a cool place to come.

This

Also makes me think about Vilma when he said he loved it as a recruit. U would think now the environment is totally different from the Butch era. A kid like Vilma would not come here now.......ehem skai moore

None of the "cloud" would be in place if it weren't for that little Ponzi schemer. Makes me sick to think how many people that little mfer fleeced out of their hard-earned money.

Not that I have much faith in the AD leadership, but sans the giant yahoo news debacle, allegations, and subsequent investigation, we might have actually been able to hire a Gruden or equivalent instead of Al & co, maybe even instead of Randy. Imagine, if you will, the state of the program now with aggressive game day coaches who could recruit taking over in 2007.

Advertisement
Back