Who are the top college football head coaches?

imurcane

Banned
Banned
I'm reading about a lack of CMR love on here from some folks. So what college head coaches or coaches would you take over CMR to be the head ball coach now?

Advertisement
I would take Meyer, Saban, Harbaugh, Snyder (if he were younger), Fisher, and Utah's HC.

Here are my maybes:
Miles
Stoops Bob
Rich Rod
Guy that left Boise St, CP?

I think CMR has lots to prove here. Can he finally win the big ones? He will have an easier time at Miami imo.

I would take Meyer, Saban, Harbaugh, Snyder (if he were younger), Fisher, and Utah's HC.

Here are my maybes:
Miles
Stoops Bob
Rich Rod

I think CMR has lots to prove here. Can he finally win the big ones? He will have an easier time at Miami imo.

Saban will not be at Alabama for more than a year.

Snyder is a dinosaur

Harbaugh has not won "the big one" either.

Miles might get fired at LSU

Fisher is horrible without a heisman QB

SMH the grass is always greener with done if you. We have the third winningest coach in college football at Miami, be happy

Here are my maybes:
Miles
Stoops Bob
Rich Rod

D'Antonio and Patterson belong in the list with Meyer, Saban, and Harbaugh. I do not think Jimbo is an elite coach, at least not yet. FSU was above average until Winston came along, and returned to above average after Winston left. I may be wrong but I haven't seen Jimbo outcoach another 'top coach' when Jimbo had the equal or lesser teams.

Bob Stoops gets criticized for an 8-8 bowl record, but has OU ever had a bad year? He has three 8 win seasons, but has a NC and 8 conference titles. Add in 10 seasons with 11 wins or more, and a 179–45 overall record, and you're very, very good.

In the elite category I'd add Art Briles (Baylor) and David Shaw (Stanford).

I'd have been happy with Mike Gundy instead of Richt, but I am happy with Richt.

I'd have no use for Rich Rod or Mike Leach at Miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Who, or what, is a CMR? Does one have to wear JORTS, to comprehend that term?

Please explain, while I keep my pinky in the air.

I love having Richt and am happy we hired him, but I would consider Patterson, Stoops, and Gundy.

Advertisement
Lol

I remember arguing that there were not more than 10-15 programs who wouldn't trade their coach for Mark Richt. He's absolutely a top coach, and will build on his legacy with Miami.

Art briles
Billy Kelly
Bill Snyder
Bob Stoops
Nick Saban
Mark D'antonio
Urban Meyer
Jim Harbaugh
Kyle Whittingham
Gary Patterson
Chris Peterson
Dado Sweeney
Jumbo Fisher
Beamer
Les Miles
Gary Pinkel
Mark Richt

Are the elite names of college football

New School up & coming:

Tom Herman
Justin fuente
Jeff Brohm
Scott frost
Dino Babers
Chad Kelly
Tulsa Head Coach
Utah St head coach

Average to Good Coaches
Rich Rod
Dan Mullens
Kevin Su min
Hugh Freeze
Boston College HC addazzi I believe
Ferentz from Iowa

Good coordinators terrible corches

Paul Chryst,Muschamp & Strong

Advertisement

Here are my maybes:
Miles
Stoops Bob
Rich Rod

Saban will not be at Alabama for more than a year.

Snyder is a dinosaur

Harbaugh has not won "the big one" either.

Miles might get fired at LSU

Fisher is horrible without a heisman QB

SMH the grass is always greener with done if you. We have the third winningest coach in college football at Miami, be happy

Snyder wins with way less. If you don't think he is an elite coach I would have to say you don't understand coaching.
Saban is at Alabama now. And who cares where he is next year?
Harbaugh is a great ******* coach. Michigan last year and this year, gtfoh.
Miles might get fired. Lol, CMR got fired . . .
I agre Fisher hasn't been as good without his heisman, but they lost to Clemson who is the best team right now.
Im very happy with CMR.

Advertisement
Back