Who are Some Top Offensive Coordinators We Could Shoot For?

Advertisement
Instead of an oc get a new o line coach. Some equal to our d like couch in terms of experience. Would seem like a more logical move

Hire an OC.
Send Jon packing.
Change Brown's responsibilities to RBs and 'running game coordinator'. Leave his title intact.
Replace Searles with the OL coaching equivalent of Coach Kool.
Bingo.

Reassign Junior to a support staff gig.

You guys realize Richt likely spent all the $ he had on staff right? So unless he is gonna fire a bunch or ask Blake for another $600-$1M for a OC, we aren't getting one.

Then he should offer to take a million dollar cut, and bring in an offensive GURU.

Imagine you going from making $10 per hour to $7.50. I'm sure you wouldn't do that so why in the **** would Richt do so?

I'm still waiting for an astute person such as yourself to come up with a list and stand by my previous post.

Marc Trestman started his coaching career at Miami and has been a great QB coach as well as OC. HE is available now and was Richt coach at Miami when grad assistant. He learned under Howard, Earl Morrall, Gary Stephens and then Bill Walsh. He had 2 QB,s as NFL MVP in Rich Gannon and Steve Young. He was Bernie Kosar,s QB coach at Miami

I like Trestman a lot, but always wondered if he had the right personality to be either HC or OC at Miami. He comes across as pretty cerebral. I'm fine with that in a QB coach, but wonder how it would play out as OC.

You'd prefer a dumb OC? We already have one.

Advertisement
Trestman would be just fine as an OC or QB coach, just as long as he has no recruiting responsibilities. Dude legitimately looks and carries himself like a child molester.

I like Jeff Horton from San Diego State. Gorgeous offense, utilizing power looks with just enough speed and wrinkles.

I realize he's a long shot. He's older and not ****. He's been West Coast based, for the most part. His head coaching record also looks pathetic at first glance.

But I was in Las Vegas when Horton coached the Rebels in the mid '90s. I attended many games. You could see that Horton had all the know how of a top notch I formation and power set coach. Those schemes looked very good. But his personnel was inept and so were the quarterbacks, dragging everything down. When he switched to a more open style everything crashed. It clearly wasn't his preference. After the first season the team steadily fell apart and Horton fell out of favor. He had a winless season.

Other coaches realized that Horton had become undervalued. He subsequently coached in the NFL and at Wisconsin. Varied background that includes offensive line coach and quarterbacks coach. Once Rocky Long hired Horton a couple of years ago to jazz up the Aztecs' power looks I was confident they'd have something special. Now they are my absolute favorite college team to watch every week, and very successful at 17-4 combined in 2015 and 2016.

I've mentioned several times that San Diego State lined up against Cincinnati in last year's bowl game and ruthlessly shoved around the same Bearcats team that Miami lost to as 7.5 point favorite. Miami threw 40 times against Cincinnati. San Diego State won 42-7 while throwing 12 times.

Advertisement
That is exactly what he would be here. Or they can give him the OC role but CMR still calls the plays. Mich pays better be ready to pay too. There are many available that can help.

This is comical. We aint hiring an OC anytime soon....Richt will be calling plays for at least the next two years

I like Jeff Horton from San Diego State. Gorgeous offense, utilizing power looks with just enough speed and wrinkles.

I realize he's a long shot. He's older and not ****. He's been West Coast based, for the most part. His head coaching record also looks pathetic at first glance.

But I was in Las Vegas when Horton coached the Rebels in the mid '90s. I attended many games. You could see that Horton had all the know how of a top notch I formation and power set coach. Those schemes looked very good. But his personnel was inept and so were the quarterbacks, dragging everything down. When he switched to a more open style everything crashed. It clearly wasn't his preference. After the first season the team steadily fell apart and Horton fell out of favor. He had a winless season.

Other coaches realized that Horton had become undervalued. He subsequently coached in the NFL and at Wisconsin. Varied background that includes offensive line coach and quarterbacks coach. Once Rocky Long hired Horton a couple of years ago to jazz up the Aztecs' power looks I was confident they'd have something special. Now they are my absolute favorite college team to watch every week, and very successful at 17-4 combined in 2015 and 2016.

I've mentioned several times that San Diego State lined up against Cincinnati in last year's bowl game and ruthlessly shoved around the same Bearcats team that Miami lost to as 7.5 point favorite. Miami threw 40 times against Cincinnati. San Diego State won 42-7 while throwing 12 times.

If a 'superstar' OC can't be found I've got no problem looking into the Group of 5 conferences. These OCs often have to work with average talent and 'get more for less'. The same can be said of the defenses they face but I think you see more creative play calling and scheming to get their playmakers the ball.

Just my opinion.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Since you're qualified to make the call that Richt isn't good enough to run the offense seven games into the season, surely you should have a list of candidates that would do a fantastic job.

So the offense looks good to you?

No, but I know enough about football to know you can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****.

I also know I've said for two years what BK's weaknesses are (he's shown even more this year) and how he limits what an offense can do. All the while, most people were calling me a hater when in fact I don't hate anyone on any team.

I also know this, Richt has tried a lot with this offense, all but some option plays. The common theme, none of it really works. It's a combination of things, but the biggest weakness is the OL, quickly followed by BK, and then the backs. BK is better than he's shown this year, with one huge caveat....he needs an ocean of space and this OL will never provide him with that. The backs are better as well, far from elite, but again the OL is getting their asses handed to them.

Richt, he's not without fault, but the players need to step up. That also includes the WR's who with a dropped pass here and ther potentially cost us two games at this point.

You guys realize Richt likely spent all the $ he had on staff right? So unless he is gonna fire a bunch or ask Blake for another $600-$1M for a OC, we aren't getting one.

Then he should offer to take a million dollar cut, and bring in an offensive GURU.

Imagine you going from making $10 per hour to $7.50. I'm sure you wouldn't do that so why in the **** would Richt do so?

I'm still waiting for an astute person such as yourself to come up with a list and stand by my previous post.

Imagine you're the dumb SOB that hired the wrong Offensive Coordinator - that would be a good reason.

And he'll make his $7.50/hr a whole lot easier, and for a whole lot longer than keeping his $10/hr., and ******** up the offense.

Advertisement
Back