Who’s the most underutilized player in Miami football history?

Brock Berlin under center was the classic square peg to round hole

Guys who come to mind are Mondriel Fulcher, Dedrick Epps and Chris Herndon, in other offenses, they would've put up huge numbers, like at an Oklahoma

Also, Darnell Jenkins in a modern, up-tempo spread would've been really good

Advertisement
The popular pick will be Hester but that's wrong IMO. If anything by the end of his career at UM he was over-utilized. I was there for the infamous "Hester packages" on offense. Every time he came in the game it was a toss, screen or reverse and most of the time the play never went anywhere because everyone in the stadium knew the ball was going to him.
He was never a decoy on O. Never picked up the game at CB. And it showed in the NFL. Hall of fame returner, middling WR.

Did the coaching staff mishandle him by not settling him into a position from the get-go? Maybe. But he wasn't underutilized.

And let it be known that Hester is one of my all time favorite players at UM. That opening return vs UF in 03 is forever etched in my memory.

I thought Devin really flashed a bit as a defensive back. I saw him out-run the football and snatch an INT vs Gatech late in the 2004 game at Bobby Dodd. I was at that game, UM contigent was in the end zone. Free safety at college, he couldv'e been really good IMO

he was the quinnesential entitled Erickson highly recruited bust...

Would not call him a bust, maybe a relative one because he was the #1 recruit in the nation or close. Lots of those in the Erickson era. Remember Martin Patton (RIP)? Zero discipline from Erickson.

Advertisement
Someone who really knows how to data mine should write the 'rithm to get all the guys who stayed to their max eligibility without playing a single down.

That can only happen with a $.55 fee increase.
1684805001732.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Big Michael Wyche.

Why you ask?

Because all he was used for was to run T/E STUNTS!

The worst candidate, to run the worst suited play vs skill set, at the absolute worst times.

He wasn’t as bad as we remember, but having a kid show how limited he was time and again should be considered a crime against humanity.

Edit: He’s an angel investor now.

Last edited:
CORN ELDER ..
NJOKU ..
ALEX FIGUEROA ..
GIONNI PAUL ..
SAM SHEILDS ..
GUS EDWARDS ..
The list goes on and on..
Matter of fact.. everyone who played under AL Golden

Advertisement
One of these things is not like the others. That guy does NOT belong in this thread.
I feel like that guy would've been one of the best LB at Miami. Goldens fault he didn't let the two LB's back on the team after the girl came out and said it wasn't rape.

Devin Hester imo. I believe he should've been on offense somehow someway. They tried some sweeps with him but I don't think he should've been a DB

Advertisement
Back