Who’s the most underrated Miami player ever?

Rohan may have been the hardest hitter pound for pound, but nobody hit as hard as Nate.

I'd like to line up any college program and compare back to back to back Mikes and find ones better: Webster to Morgan to Vilma.
Nate tried to kill your *** every play. I know Rohan gets all the Publicity, and rightfully earned. But Nate was an Animal...He had RBs heads on a swivel coming through a hole at practices. I honestly thought he killed McPartland on GreenTree in 99.

Advertisement
Beason is always my first thought.

Just look at this NFL career:

2007 - #2 Defensive Rookie of the Year voting (Patrick Willis won), #3 in the NFL in Tackles
2008 - 1st team All-Pro, Pro-Bowl, #3 in the NFL in Tackles
2009 - 2nd team All-Pro, Pro-Bowl, #4 in the NFL in Tackles
2010 - Pro-Bowl
2011 - Tears his achilles - was never the same

Beason was legit on a HOF trajectory and I almost never hear his name mentioned.
Very good NFL career. I just remember his college days he would lay down the wood.

Andre Brown, Dale Dawkins, Brett Perriman, Brian Blades, along with the star power of Irvin & "Thrill" Hill, those mid to late 80's WR rooms were the best.

Forgot to mention Hi C, His 99 yd. TD reception vs Arkansas still stands as the longest in UM history. Still remember that big 4th down catch He made vs FSU against Terrell Buckley. Stephen McGuire & Leonard Conley were 2 more underrated players.

Advertisement
Jamie Boone DB , tremendous hitter came in from Southwest HS as QB switched to DB started all (4) years.
Played for NFL Cleveland Browns played a number of years till multiple knee surgeries doomed him .

Last edited:
Advertisement
Another guy that gets lost in the shuffle...not necessarily underrated is Phillip Buchanon. I am a little biased due to the fact of my friendship with him...but Sheesh, his 2001 yr was criminal. Talk about an MVP candidate on that team that yr, in regards to his All Around play both Offensively/& STs...and Defensively as a 1st team AA CB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Recently had a fun similar thread. Who’s someone you think doesn’t get enough credit for how good they was here?
Late to the party but if players transferring out after contributing here is allowed I am going with Jordan Miller, Lawrence Cager, Scott Patchan and Gus Edwards. People on here never gave Gus a chance cause he was from the north imo

for guys that finished here I’m going with Michael Pickney, Berrios, Rosier, Chickillo and lastly Deon Bush.

not going back past 2011

Advertisement
Back