Whispers about Bush to the U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Lol I'd be surprised if this is true. Until then I'm going back to sleep. Lol

Add to the conversation or don't post here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
This dude isn't usually a troll. I think he is really hearing this from someone. Not saying it's true but I believe this guys fairly honest.

"Everything went okay," Gary Sr. said. "Deon, he was with the players and the coaches, had a good time. We were able to meet closely with the coaches, see what the university had to offer.*

"Coach (Al) Golden, we spent three days with him. We met with him this morning. He was talking about the opportunity that Deon has if he came to the University of Miami, the situation with the corners, that he'd come into a good situation. They said he had to work hard, nothing is promised, but he has the potential to work hard enough to get on the field (as a freshman), that he would probably see some playing time."*

Gary Sr. said the family entered the visit "kind of skeptical."*

The reason for that?*

"It was the NCAA stuf, sanctions, things they might be faced with down the road," he said.*

But with the visit wrapped up Gary Sr. says that "after thinking things over we feel a little bit better than we did at the beginning."*

"Actually, if you take the NCAA stuff out of the equation it's all about the kid getting on the field and playing," Gary Sr. said. "The NCAA has nothing to do with the kids being on the field playing football."*

Deon has taken four visits so far - to UM, Alabama, Auburn and Purdue and may visit OSU or USC

Right now has a top three of Miami, Alabama and Auburn.*

"Miami's in the top three as of now," Gary Sr. said. "It'll be whatever he decides. It's three good schools. Any one of those are real good. We'll sit down and pray about it and if he feels good about the U, the U will be the place. I just know this: he'll make his decision at the Army All-American game, and I hope he takes a UM hat with him."*

Dad clarifies that "I'm fans of all three" programs and that he is leaving the ultimate decision in Deon's hands.*

"I have a son that plays at Purdue, so distance is no issue," Gary Sr. said.*

* An interesting side note: Deon's mother, Michelle, played one year of basketball at UM in the 1980s.*

We'll get him. Kid is not dumb. He will play right away and he knows it

Just have to be careful with super Trooper and his money bags

Advertisement
I will believe it when I see it.

If not for the scandal I am sure he would have been a Cane a long time ago, but the family has been pretty up front about everything so you can't blame them.

"Everything went okay," Gary Sr. said. "Deon, he was with the players and the coaches, had a good time. We were able to meet closely with the coaches, see what the university had to offer.*

"Coach (Al) Golden, we spent three days with him. We met with him this morning. He was talking about the opportunity that Deon has if he came to the University of Miami, the situation with the corners, that he'd come into a good situation. They said he had to work hard, nothing is promised, but he has the potential to work hard enough to get on the field (as a freshman), that he would probably see some playing time."*

Gary Sr. said the family entered the visit "kind of skeptical."*

The reason for that?*

"It was the NCAA stuf, sanctions, things they might be faced with down the road," he said.*

But with the visit wrapped up Gary Sr. says that "after thinking things over we feel a little bit better than we did at the beginning."*

"Actually, if you take the NCAA stuff out of the equation it's all about the kid getting on the field and playing," Gary Sr. said. "The NCAA has nothing to do with the kids being on the field playing football."*

Deon has taken four visits so far - to UM, Alabama, Auburn and Purdue and may visit OSU or USC

Right now has a top three of Miami, Alabama and Auburn.*

"Miami's in the top three as of now," Gary Sr. said. "It'll be whatever he decides. It's three good schools. Any one of those are real good. We'll sit down and pray about it and if he feels good about the U, the U will be the place. I just know this: he'll make his decision at the Army All-American game, and I hope he takes a UM hat with him."*

Dad clarifies that "I'm fans of all three" programs and that he is leaving the ultimate decision in Deon's hands.*

"I have a son that plays at Purdue, so distance is no issue," Gary Sr. said.*

* An interesting side note: Deon's mother, Michelle, played one year of basketball at UM in the 1980s.*

good stuff

Advertisement
Want

Kid isn't the best corner but will make one **** of a safety.

Just to clarify...I prob shouldnt have jumped the gun and gotten people's hopes up.

I occasionally get some solid info from different people....one of those sources is as good as gold. Other sources are varying degrees of legit. Having clarified where this came from, it's toward the bottom rung of that info, but I'd give that person enough credit to say that there has to be a little smoke to this.

Also, never seen the kid play, no idea how good he really is. I've heard some knocks, and definitely defer to others who have seen him play. That being said, we need DBs and lots of them

Just to clarify...I prob shouldnt have jumped the gun and gotten people's hopes up.

I occasionally get some solid info from different people....one of those sources is as good as gold. Other sources are varying degrees of legit. Having clarified where this came from, it's toward the bottom rung of that info, but I'd give that person enough credit to say that there has to be a little smoke to this.

Also, never seen the kid play, no idea how good he really is. I've heard some knocks, and definitely defer to others who have seen him play. That being said, we need DBs and lots of them

So, basically, you're like the rest of us.....you don't really know.
Gotcha.
Thanks.

DroCane, is there any way to elaborate just a bit?

We all want top talent, but simultaneously, we've all seen top talent with attitude problems that overwhelmed their talent.

Just curious as to your read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back