While FSU keeps landing

THEY ARE getting just good enough players where they dont have a total collapse of a 2024 season.

DE from WVU is ok, DE from Oregon State is solid, Marvin Jones JR is talented, DJU is a solid college QB, but he isnt a playmaker like Travis, and those DE's aren't nearly as explosive as Verse. MIKEY begged Lundy to come back, with a gaping hole at LB. I can see 9-3 or 8-4 with their schedule.
With all the DE additions, did they just recruit over Payton? I thought he was supposed to be their homegrown star and taking over for Verse.

Advertisement
THEY ARE getting just good enough players where they dont have a total collapse of a 2024 season.

DE from WVU is ok, DE from Oregon State is solid, Marvin Jones JR is talented, DJU is a solid college QB, but he isnt a playmaker like Travis, and those DE's aren't nearly as explosive as Verse. MIKEY begged Lundy to come back, with a gaping hole at LB. I can see 9-3 or 8-4 with their schedule.

7-5 they're coming back down. Next year a rebuild year for them. Which will be 1 game better then us

doubt it is a playoff level team next year and you will continue to see early exits from bowl games. It is not a sustainable way to build a program year to year unless you are getting top portal guys with more than a year eligibility left.

Building from ground up through HS recruiting and plugging holes with portal seems the most prudent way to build your program. Prefer Mario's way of doing it even if not an immediate payoff. I think it will be down the road.

Advertisement
doubt it is a playoff level team next year and you will continue to see early exits from bowl games. It is not a sustainable way to build a program year to year unless you are getting top portal guys with more than a year eligibility left.

Building from ground up through HS recruiting and plugging holes with portal seems the most prudent way to build your program. Prefer Mario's way of doing it even if not an immediate payoff. I think it will be down the road.
This is how i know some of you guys are on shrooms.

You prefer being 12-13 than 23-4 and the reason being is.........?

The sustainable way to build a program is ........TO WIN. No matter how you do it. I promise you if your not winning in south florida, Mario's way wont be working. This year is huge for em.

Highly ranked play makers we are taking a month to land a QB. Is Mario just a fish out of water in the portal?

Ever stopped to think it’s because their roster is in shambles from lack of HS recruiting compared to ours? We have holes but they’ve been decimated.

Advertisement
7-5 they're coming back down. Next year a rebuild year for them. Which will be 1 game better then us
I don't know if there are 5 losses on their schedule (ND, Clemson, and Miami I see as Ls for them...maybe SMU).

The Fighting Norvell's shouldn't see too much of a drop off due to the weak schedule (probably slightly tougher than Miami's though)

Bottom line: Win. Everything else is rationalization to support your perspective/story.

As of today, Prison Mike has won more often than Mario. Prison Mike is also establishing FSpoo as a destination for “one & done” portal players.

“Play your final year in Tally…feast on FAMU co-eds, make decent NIL bank, don’t bother going to class, compete for a championship and prepare for the NFL draft.” That’s his pitch.

It’s a risky and unsustainable long-term strategy, but so far it has worked for them.

With that said, ‘F^q that program.

The sustainable way to build a program is ........TO WIN. No matter how you do it. I promise you if your not winning in south florida, Mario's way wont be working. This year is huge for em.

you think they are winning next year with what they have? You want a mass exodus of players every year when you don't make the playoffs? I can share my shrooms with you

We can talk all the **** we want about portal tbis and that.

At the end of the day Fsu has gotten better transfers than we have. The portal formula works for them. Is it sustainable? We’ll see.

We seem to be the complete opposite. Recruit and develop HS players and sprinkle in some portal guys. Hopefully it pays off for us.

Advertisement
Highly ranked play makers we are taking a month to land a QB. Is Mario just a fish out of water in the portal?
I’m tellin ya’, these Nole fans are everywhere hidden amongst us, like a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Be vigilant.

Sunglasses Hiding GIF by Soul Train

8-13 vs. 12-13 is better comparison.

Let's see what Mario can do over next few years.

Advertisement

And just as importantly, what Norvell was. IMO they went all in on last year, and it almost worked. But the 2024 roster will be significantly worse. So if he goes 8-4 this year, will the Alabama’s of the world still be calling and will this board be fighting over who gets to suck his **** first?

They had one decent year and one very good year. Does he build on that or go backwards? My money is on the latter. I ain’t seen a single kid he’s pulled out of the portal yet who replaces what they lost.

That’s what cracks me up about these Nole fans…they act like Norvell’s first two years occurred in some alternate dimension, or reality, that none of us remember. I remember it very well, and I also remember many of them wanting to fire cornrow Mike, but now they want to have revisionist history and act like he’s the second coming of Nick Saban. Both coaches were bad their first two seasons, but now let’s see what Mario can do in year three.

Advertisement
Back