Which South Florida player...

CoacheCane

Recruit
Which South Florida player left the Big 3 and opened the door for these South Florida kids to leave the state and ball???

Advertisement
Patrick Peterson was a big one and shady as **** recruitment, but from what I remember I always think about Dwayne Bowe signing with LSU and sketchy Saban as a big initial SEC dirt grab into South Florida. That Bowe shadiness laid the tracks for Peterson, and then future LSU (and then Saban/Bama) infiltration IMHO.

Patrick Johnson recruitment let everybody know in So FLA the SEC money was real. Every handler started scheduling trips through SEC country on the regular after that. I'm sure they were before, he was one of the first cause we had a pretty good class that year without him. Amari Cooper open the flood gates to Dade all because fluckin Golden slow played that dude, smh

Advertisement
LSU started the more recent trend. Ali Highsmith, Dwayne Bowe, and Patrick Johnson.

But this has been going on for a long time.

Golden never slow played Cooper. The dumbass thought Herb Waters was just as good. True story.

Until Howard coached at the U, most of the great ones left Florida. He is the one that got them to stay.

Until Howard coached at the U, most of the great ones left Florida. He is the one that got them to stay.
Not really...The majority (by far) were from outside Miami..or outside the State...Ohio...Pennsylvania..etc...during his tenure...Sure we got some Good ones from Dade...but far more from outside the county and state...

Advertisement
Dwayne Bowe. And if some of you remember, when Bowe went to LSU, his hs coached followed him there and got a GA position. That coach?? ... the one and only James Coley.

Saban's bag game at L$U was something else

Advertisement
Advertisement
Al Del Greco to Auburn from Gables High. Sumbich opened the SEC floodgates.

Advertisement
Back