Which one of you were these guys?

Hurracanes

Your favorite poster’s favorite poster.
Premium
64332F80-8E66-4E03-B2CC-21A02674B5DA.jpeg

The freaks always came out at night at the OB. I am watching Houston vs Miami and that place was rocking. Good times.

Advertisement
Advertisement
View attachment 120791
The freaks always came out at night at the OB. I am watching Houston vs Miami and that place was rocking. Good times.

Cuddy; NOTHING and I literally mean NOTHING HRS can do to bring back the vibe of the OB, imo. Now I’ll be straight; I’ve not been to HRS since the renovations, but even looking at the games on TV, from the color scheme of the seats, our end zones graphics, the fan enthusiasm....it all still feels off. Even during that ND game; compared to a ND game at the OB, it felt off.

I really still wish we had our own. I stay on YouTube watching all the old games, and man the nostalgia from the OB is so refreshing. Watched the 08 Canes at Sunlife and my goodness what listless feel.

Cuddy; NOTHING and I literally mean NOTHING HRS can do to bring back the vibe of the OB, imo. Now I’ll be straight; I’ve not been to HRS since the renovations, but even looking at the games on TV, from the color scheme of the seats, our end zones graphics, the fan enthusiasm....it all still feels off. Even during that ND game; compared to a ND game at the OB, it felt off.

I really still wish we had our own. I stay on YouTube watching all the old games, and man the nostalgia from the OB is so refreshing. Watched the 08 Canes at Sunlife and my goodness what listless feel.
Nowhere the same...even ND 2017....UM vs ND in 89 has me still Dizzy...

ND in 17 was the loudest stadium I’ve ever been in. I will say, it wasn’t the “feel” of the OB, because we weren’t good and we all knew it. It can be a huge home field advantage, because we have great fans. Nothing will equal the OB ever. I can’t wait until donna shalala dies. That’s a national championship feeling for this guy.

I was there for the 2001 Washington Huskie's game. The one Dorsey said on 30 for 30 that was the loudest he has ever heard the OB. The game ended up getting moved to the end of season because it was suppose to be played the weekend after 9/11. You cannot replicate that charge the place had at Hard Rock, sorry it's not going to happen.

Advertisement
I was there for the 2001 Washington Huskie's game. The one Dorsey said on 30 for 30 that was the loudest he has ever heard the OB. The game ended up getting moved to the end of season because it was suppose to be played the weekend after 9/11. You cannot replicate that charge the place had at Hard Rock, sorry it's not going to happen.
I was there...it was Loud...but for an entire game...ND 1989 takes the cake...I've never heard the OB that Crazy, and I've been going to the OB since 75....You couldn't hear yourself think....Before game...during game...Halftime...it didn't matter...Total Insanity....

The stadium has changed completely since the renovation. There will never be another Orange Bowl, but don't let anyone tell you it was louder back then than the Notre Dame or even parts of the VT game a couple of years back. Been to more games than I can count, including a vast majority of the big ones, and that night was as loud and crazy as any in the OB.

When the games mean something South Fla can still bring it like nobody else. Problem is not enough games have been important enough because of the product we have been producing.

Last edited:
Advertisement

My first UM game was in 1987. My family got season tickets (cheap west end zone of course) in 91 or 92. After a 4 year hiatus in Orlando, I moved home and got season tickets for the 2002 season and have had them since. There was nothing like the Orange Bowl experience for big games. I will say though, the HRS experience, especially after the renovation is a lot better for 41 year old me. Parking in some random guy’s yard and standing outside the stadium for hours to get good general admission seats. Melting in the sun or soaking in the rain while drinking **** warm “beer” on a fiberglass bench that was falling apart, hoping not to get stuck under the overhang where “water” would drip all over you might have been worth it for 22 year old me but now, no thanks. I’ll take the ten minute drive from Hollywood, pre paid parking spot where you can actually tailgate, comfortable seats in the shade, large selection of beers/booze and actual replay screens to see all the angles now. Sure, camping in a tent might be REAL camping but if you give me the option of sleeping in an RV, I’m taking the comfy bed and air conditioning every time.

Advertisement
My first UM game was in 1987. My family got season tickets (cheap west end zone of course) in 91 or 92. After a 4 year hiatus in Orlando, I moved home and got season tickets for the 2002 season and have had them since. There was nothing like the Orange Bowl experience for big games. I will say though, the HRS experience, especially after the renovation is a lot better for 41 year old me. Parking in some random guy’s yard and standing outside the stadium for hours to get good general admission seats. Melting in the sun or soaking in the rain while drinking **** warm “beer” on a fiberglass bench that was falling apart, hoping not to get stuck under the overhang where “water” would drip all over you might have been worth it for 22 year old me but now, no thanks. I’ll take the ten minute drive from Hollywood, pre paid parking spot where you can actually tailgate, comfortable seats in the shade, large selection of beers/booze and actual replay screens to see all the angles now. Sure, camping in a tent might be REAL camping but if you give me the option of sleeping in an RV, I’m taking the comfy bed and air conditioning every time.

Love the OB and the Canes and Dolphins have been cursed since. Saw Namath their with his Fu Man Chu. Saw Marino Break 5 NFL passing records against the Cowboys, but if you were pounding beers you were going to miss something waiting in line for those **** restrooms.

I remember the City of Miami saying that the cost of renovating the OB was too expensive, a little over $250 million, then they build a
billion dollar stadium that hardly anyone goes to. But DTF has a valid point.

look i miss the OB just as much as all you guys , but the truth is its gone and theres no way there will ever be an on campus stadiumso the next best thing is now they play in a state of the art stadium, the city was never going to put money into it. can you imagine playing in that outdated stadium in this day and age, miami still gets bashed for the outdated facilities on campus compared to other schools. R.I.P to the OB

Advertisement
Back