Which of These Louisville Players Were True Misses?

Advertisement
Teddy, Eli, Holliman, Burgess, Brown, Dubose...all gigantic whiffs

Then again going and playing for a real defensive coach was probably the best choice for those kids on defense.

It's tough to call them whiffs when some were committed, then de-committed due to Shannon getting fired and the uncertainty of the program after that.

Golden wouldn't take a 200 pound LB? What about Grace and Perryman?

Barrow had to convince Golden to take Denzel IIRC, thank god we did. Grace was a highly rated baller with TH3 and Malcolm Lewis (Grace's childhood friends and high school team mates) already on the team. Burgess wasn't as coveted as Grace and didn't test as well combine wise either.

Last edited:
Gerod Holliman & Brown are the only two i'm still upset about. Eli was hot GARBAGE and not Miami caliber. If he wasn't Teddys boyfriend, he would never have received an offer.

Advertisement

Barrow had to convince Golden to take Denzel, thank god we did. Grace was a highly rated baller with TH3 and Malcolm Lewis (Grace's childhood friends and high school team mates) already on the team. Burgess wasn't as coveted as Grace and didn't test as well combine wise either.
lol Don't make **** up. STFU

Barrow had to convince Golden to take Denzel, thank god we did. Grace was a highly rated baller with TH3 and Malcolm Lewis (Grace's childhood friends and high school team mates) already on the team. Burgess wasn't as coveted as Grace and didn't test as well combine wise either.
lol Don't make **** up. STFU

HAHA! whatever you say

Last edited:

Then again going and playing for a real defensive coach was probably the best choice for those kids on defense.

Teddy was a gigantic whiff. Burgess was a pretty bad eval on Goldens part and a big miss. Eli is solid but we aren't losing games because of a lack of recievers. Dubose is a JAG. Brown has some potential but not a giant whiff and Holliman hasn't done much either but he would be in the 2 deep right now.

Advertisement

Teddy was a gigantic whiff. Burgess was a pretty bad eval on Goldens part and a big miss. Eli is solid but we aren't losing games because of a lack of recievers. Dubose is a JAG. Brown has some potential but not a giant whiff and Holliman hasn't done much either but he would be in the 2 deep right now.

Dubose is a DT no? Yep, we could've used him.

Eli would've been a real nice slot receiver and a guy who could work underneath similar to Pimp Collier when he was here. A guy in the Darnell Jenkins mold. Our offense has missed that recently.

Advertisement
Gaines was a miss. I always liked him @ cb..but he played spot time their at central. He was mostly a wr...buut i liked his athlticism when they switched him to cb...wanted him in the class. we iddnt sniff as he was an avg sized wr...luke was selling us on him @ the time.

Burgess was definate miss...knew that would bite..as he was undersized..but had pop. He looked good/solid in all star game with all americans so i knew he would be able to play...similar to Grace who was lighting folks up at all star game.

Its documented Goldy doesnt like smaller backers....Perryman had to be sold a bit...they had to let him know dude was a savage...Grace didnt get his offer RIGHT away..plus he has the frame for the weight gain. We have a guy like Perry committed now wh is like 210, but has the wiry frame to put n weight.

* Keith Brown would start for us...but him and his bro as a package was/is a no go

Gaines was a miss. I always liked him @ cb..but he played spot time their at central. He was mostly a wr...buut i liked his athlticism when they switched him to cb...wanted him in the class. we iddnt sniff as he was an avg sized wr...luke was selling us on him @ the time.

Burgess was definate miss...knew that would bite..as he was undersized..but had pop. He looked good/solid in all star game with all americans so i knew he would be able to play...similar to Grace who was lighting folks up at all star game.

Its documented Goldy doesnt like smaller backers....Perryman had to be sold a bit...they had to let him know dude was a savage...Grace didnt get his offer RIGHT away..plus he has the frame for the weight gain. We have a guy like Perry committed now wh is like 210, but has the wiry frame to put n weight.

* Keith Brown would start for us...but him and his bro as a package was/is a no go

What ur saying translates........our d will always suck. Fkin dumb coaches, how do u have to sell DP?

Brown was a miss!! But his brother was the bigger miss, that's because we said no way, not D1 worthy. Well he started (the brother) in that bowl game last year and is the starting FB this year.

Would be our best FB/H-back if here now.

But we believed he wasn't good enough for a ship and let his brother walk...all while offering studs like Dewey. I guess the plus is one of those QB got moved to FB so we don't need no stinking Brown or his brother.

Advertisement
All this looks like to me is that Charlie Strong couldn't recruit North Kentucky.

Eli Rogers didn't have an offer. He's not better than our top 5-6, not a loss.

Dubose flipped to Louisville bc of grades. Kid wanted to be a Cane.

Burgess is the biggest loss IMO as he was committed and wanted to be a Cane but was cut loose.

Miami didn't suck because we missed on any of those names . We sucked because we made terrible hires at Head Coach. One big hit by Burgess does not make him all-world. Corvin Lamb was never recruited....and you can research the reasons why. DuBose had horror-movie type grades.

Whenever I see posts whining and hand-wringing about who "Miami let get away" I have to laugh and remember one Torrance Marshall. Big star on Oklahoma's 2000 team that beat a sucky FSU for the National Championship. Before ,during and after the NC-game every talking-head kept droning on and on about how he was a "terrific LB " that Bob Stoops "stole" from Miami's backyard . Truth is..he was average ..but excelled at what Stoops wanted him to do..which wasn't much. His true worth showed in the Draft and the following years. Umm ....yeah...nobody else heard about him after that MNC game.

Advertisement
Back