Which of These Louisville Players Were True Misses?

AUcane

All-ACC
Premium
IIRC, Burgess, Brown, Harris, Rogers, Holliman were solid kids that we lost out on - I assume they all had legit offers from us? I remember Lamb got a sniff by us but never had a legit offer. He's the guy I wanted.

What about Chucky williams? Reports are that he's their future star - kid is a Genron/Tunsil disciple.

Chucky Williams
James Burgess
Pedro Sibiea
Charles Gaines
John Miller
Brandon Radcliff
Stacy Thomas
Chris Acosta
Trumaine Washington
Keith Brown
Lamar Atkins
Michaelee Harris
Corvin Lamb
Eli Rogers
Jermaine Reve
Brandon Joseph
Gerod Holliman
Andrew Johnson

Amazingly, they have 18 kids from the 305 - as many kids as they have from Louisville on that roster.

Advertisement
I would say Gaines and Holliman but remember both having awful grades and why we didn't really go after them.

The only ones I recall us actually recruiting were Burgess, Keith Brown (brother wanted an offer as well) Andrew Johnson, and Holliman. I don't think the latter 2 were supposed to initially have the grades to make it in. Both were in the same Southridge class I wanted us to offer them both at the time. We showed late interest in Michaelee Harris and Eli Rogers but also not sure they got real offers.

I remember Holliman having grade issues (went to prep), so that kind of makes sense, but we usually stick with those kids and re-recruit them after prep.

Watching Burgess Jr. destroy Dallas Crawford last year was like a bad dream.

His father was a former player at UM, kid grew up in Homestead, wanted to play for Miami, but Golden didn't like his size.

The irony was almost too much.

Looking back though, it was definitely in his best interest to play for a guy like Charlie Strong who utilized an aggressive defensive scheme.

Advertisement
I remember Holliman having grade issues (went to prep), so that kind of makes sense, but we usually stick with those kids and re-recruit them after prep.

Where was that Dubose kid from? I know we recruited him too but his grades were a train wreck.

IIRC, Burgess, Brown, Harris, Rogers, Holliman were solid kids that we lost out on - I assume they all had legit offers from us? I remember Lamb got a sniff by us but never had a legit offer. He's the guy I wanted.

What about Chucky williams? Reports are that he's their future star - kid is a Genron/Tunsil disciple.

Chucky Williams
James Burgess
Pedro Sibiea
Charles Gaines
John Miller
Brandon Radcliff
Stacy Thomas
Chris Acosta
Trumaine Washington
Keith Brown
Lamar Atkins
Michaelee Harris
Corvin Lamb
Eli Rogers
Jermaine Reve
Brandon Joseph
Gerod Holliman
Andrew Johnson

Amazingly, they have 18 kids from the 305 - as many kids as they have from Louisville on that roster.

Why exclude the biggest miss of all? that freakingly 1st round QB ...Barry Jackson had buzz-ed that U coaches were just going thru the motion the little bear, who btw,reminded them of another Japicky!

Amazing how one bull bragged about wearing a "pimp suit" at the biggest dance (individually) while his understudy actually made it to the dance floor...

Advertisement
If I remember correctly Burgess was committed to us, but decommitted when NCAA investigation was ongoing. Golden did want him, both him and Waters where supposed to come to the U together

If I remember correctly Burgess was committed to us, but decommitted when NCAA investigation was ongoing. Golden did want him, both him and Waters where supposed to come to the U together

Burgess was committed to us then switched to Louisville. Herb looked set to follow Deon Bush, had a chat with Herb and he stayed on. It hurt when we lost Keith Brown, i liked him outta high school but we were never offering his brother, which Louisville did.

Teddy is the only one that mattered...

Loserville would have been NOTHING with out him! I.e. Just another 6 and 6 team in a crappy division..

We have several I those guys committed.

Teddy
Rogers
Burgess
K. Brown
Dubose

If randy wasn't asleep at the wheel.. We would of had Holliman and Andrews as well. AG got Holliman to visit very late in the process.

Advertisement
We have several I those guys committed.

Teddy
Rogers
Burgess
K. Brown
Dubose

If randy wasn't asleep at the wheel.. We would of had Holliman and Andrews as well. AG got Holliman to visit very late in the process.

How was Randy asleep when Hollinan didn't have the grades? I say the misses were Burgess, Brown, and Gaines.. I like Rogers a lot... Although I think many overrate our wr core, I think Rogers would be a reliable number 4 option...

Advertisement
With our defense, any defensive player on that list can't be worse than what we've put on the field in the last 3 years.

We cut Burgess and most of those guys loose. It's not like most of them spurned UM to go to Loserville.

And we really have no idea how the defensive players on that list would have developed here versus under Strong. I doubt Al would have had a spot for a 200 pound LB like Burgess on the field, which is probably why he dropped him. From the way he's played, it was obviously a bad move.

Recruiting is more about hitting gold on the guys you get than missing on the guys you didn't get. So far, the jury is out on how much hitting we've done on the guys we've signed.

Teddy, Eli, Holliman, Burgess, Brown, Dubose...all gigantic whiffs

Then again going and playing for a real defensive coach was probably the best choice for those kids on defense.

Advertisement
Back