Which Former Player(s) Is Wetzel Implicating Here?

Advertisement
It's literally just the exact same recycled Nassir Little allegation.

Nothing new and I have no idea why they reported it as such

Advertisement
Yeah don't forget this ******* Wentzel was one of the ones proclaiming we should get the death penalty for that rat paying for some lap dances.

The player who allegedly was gonna get paid to come to UM was Nassir Little (who signed with UNC).

Advertisement
a
The player who allegedly was gonna get paid to come to UM was Nassir Little (who signed with UNC).

it's ridiculous (but not unexpected since this is the feds, and technically haven't charged Miami with anything) that they wouldn't just clear Miami because:

1. The US Atty dropped charges against Brad Augustine, who was the go-between from Adidas to Little's AAU program. Basically they admitted even if Adidas paid Augustine, Augustine just kept the money for himself, which isn't a crime.

2. Liitle was interviewed under oath and denied receiving any money. Further, he signed with UNC, who hadn't been implicated in this

3. Unlike with Louisville/Arizona, there's no wiretap between anyone at Adidas and anyone at Miami discussing payment

4. The FBI subpoened files and phone records from Miami last October. If there was anything there, they almost certainly would have acted on it by now

Seems like someone at the FBI just has a hard-on for dragging Miami's name through the mud

Holy **** man we got ****ed so bad

God ******* dammit this is so frustrating. A year down the drain, and possibly losing Carey because of these ********

Less damning? WTF? Nobody at UM knew anything about any of this. There is nothing damning. This thing should be completely done with respect to UM. ****es me off.

Last edited:
Advertisement
a

it's ridiculous (but not unexpected since this is the feds, and technically haven't charged Miami with anything) that they wouldn't just clear Miami because:

1. The US Atty dropped charges against Brad Augustine, who was the go-between from Adidas to Little's AAU program. Basically they admitted even if Adidas paid Augustine, Augustine just kept the money for himself, which isn't a crime.

2. Liitle was interviewed under oath and denied receiving any money. Further, he signed with UNC, who hadn't been implicated in this

3. Unlike with Louisville/Arizona, there's no wiretap between anyone at Adidas and anyone at Miami discussing payment

4. The FBI subpoened files and phone records from Miami last October. If there was anything there, they almost certainly would have acted on it by now

Seems like someone at the FBI just has a hard-on for dragging Miami's name through the mud
If Coach L knew that Adidas was planning to funnel money to Augustine to get Little to sign with Miami, that is not a crime. But ... it's probably unethical, and reflects badly on UM and Coach to have knowledge of that plan and say nothing about it. IF that is what happened!

If Coach L knew that Adidas was planning to funnel money to Augustine to get Little to sign with Miami, that is not a crime. But ... it's probably unethical, and reflects badly on UM and Coach to have knowledge of that plan and say nothing about it. IF that is what happened!

There is zero indication that L knew anything about any of this.

There is zero indication that L knew anything about any of this.
This.

I think we're still being mentioned because 1) our name is in the article regardless of context, and 2) it gets clicks for those reporting it. ******* sucks, but it is what it is. Not much we can do about it but let it run its course. It's not Coach L's style to go public and trash them for dragging us through the mud, and it's probably been the strategy of any of our legal counsel for us to NOT comment publicly on any of this, regardless of how bad (or not) it is.

Advertisement
I don't think THEY are "picking" on Miami just coz it'll get clicks, or due to our rep. Just what do you think the phonecon to "Coach 3" (Larranaga) was all about? Exchanging small talk between friends? That thinking takes a big leap of faith.

I don't think THEY are "picking" on Miami just coz it'll get clicks, or due to our rep. Just what do you think the phonecon to "Coach 3" (Larranaga) was all about? Exchanging small talk between friends? That thinking takes a big leap of faith.
Neither of us (nor the FBI) know for sure what the conversation was about. Thinking the convo was good or bad for Miami in terms of what it was about is an assumption either way. What matters is what the FBI can or cannot prove. They keep reducing the level of exposure for the program and our coaches every time they release more documents/charges. That tells me this is a big fat Nothingburger in terms of what they have that could get the program or any of the coaches in trouble.

If they had anything on us, we'd be fvcked already.

You realize that's an unsubstantiated allegation, right.

The FBI has zero evidence of a phone call between Adidas and Miami discussing payment. What they have is a discussion between Adidas officials, discussing that there was a phone call between an Adidas rep and Miami. That is a huge difference from the Arizona/Louisville situations, where they have the coaches on wiretaps

I know you want to believe Miami did something criminal, but you're not capable of understanding apparently there is no direct evidence in that indictment that that was the case.

And you don't believe the media/FBI would pick on Miami? lol, yeah okay

Advertisement
Back