Votes: 32 8.5%
  • Al Golden

Votes: 200 53.1%
  • Manny Diaz

Votes: 124 32.9%

• Total voters
Advertisement
Al Folden by a landslide IMO & here’s my reasoning:

I gave all of the Corches a chance, (meaning even with the doubts I had I was willing to give them 2 years to prove themself before I wanted them out), but with Folden I never wanted him here from day 1 & did not give him a chance AT ALL because I knew he was going to fail & fail hard because he was an absolute shìt Corch at Temple.

His team's routinely lost games they shouldn't have:
- He lost to Buffalo
- Bowling Green
- Ohio
- Western Mich
- Kent St
- VillaFckinNova (a BBall school that doesn't even care about Football)
- UCLA & a bunch others at Temple.

It showed his track record was of a below average coach that NEVER got his team's to play all out for him, his team's always FOLDED up when it mattered most. (Hence why he became Al Folden & as you’ll notice I never refer to him as his given name)... He was 27-34 at Temple, he was literally a sub .500 Coach who had absolutely no business ever even being interviewed to be a volunteer Water boy at Greentree, let alone the HC at Miami.

The same sh*t happened at Miami, starting off with a loss vs a Maryland team that finished the season at 2-10, losing to K-State, UVA, BC. Then in 2012 K State, UNC, UVA , I wanted him gone in year one, but I REALLY wanted him gone that season. Then in his "best" season, lost to Va Tech & Duke & got steamrolled by FSU & Teddy Bridgwater's Louisville. Then the following year got smacked around by Louisville again (which should’ve been the last straw) he should've been fired after that game, but both LVille games were the perfect opportunities to get rid of him, instead they kept him on longer & he did more damage to the program with his incompetence.

We finished 2014 with a 4 game losing streak; again should've been fired, but nope let'em hang around for another season & after losing to Cincinnati he DEFINITELY should've been fired, but nope took another L to FSU & then the worst loss in school history (at that time) in the disaster vs Clemson, before the administration decided to step up & get rid of that fckin bum.

He did irrevocable damage to the program on the recruiting trail & that taken 7 years & 3 staffs to repair. What makes Folden worse than the others is his lack of work actually made it harder for Richt & even Diaz to recruit, because what recruits thought of us from when they were growing up & all the severed relationships from local South FL schools were all because of Folden. He was a complete joke who should've never been hired in the first place. (Same with Shannon & Diaz), but what separates him IMO is the fact that he genuinely was a 2-bit huckster who never gave a sh*t about Miami & was simply fleecing money from a job as a holdover until he could return back to Penn ST.

I've never seen a Corch ***** up up so bad on the recruiting trail than him, the misses he had, the God awful evals, the numerous times we had kids being hand delivered to us & he would still fck it up or flat out turn them down. I can't even get into the countless stories I have of kids who would've committed on the spot if we simply offered & Folden refused.

Folden, Shannon & Diaz were all incompetent in their own way & NONE of them should’ve ever been hired:

- Shannon was just a coordinator who was too stubborn & stuck in his old school mentality to ever be anything more than below average. The HC job was too big for him, he was nothing more than a career position coach who was unqualified for the job.

- Diaz was a dorky wannabe Football player who was the former Mayor’s son who essentially had his Daddy’s connections pull strings on his behalf to take over for Richt after he was too burnt out with health issues. If it wasn’t for his Daddy’s ties to the old money regime on the BOT & reluctancy from that faction to wanna spend legit money for a legit coach, we wouldn’t have had Diaz as a HC, he would’ve went off to Temple & failed miserably up there.

- But Folden... Not only was he unqualified, not only was a sh*tty person on top of being a sh*tty HC, but he was also the most weak jelly-spine Beta who couldn’t garner an ounce of respect from his peers. He was a walking joke & total fraud... He had the charisma of used shoe salesman... Not cars, used shoes.

I mean just look at him

5C4657FA-A8B3-4CB0-A971-52F5F15FDE05.jpeg

43A06027-32EB-453C-A77D-8AFA7096F09B.jpeg

No respect at all... Even a country bumpkin hillbilly goofball like Dabo was like
“Don’t even fckin look at me you roadkill squirrel pelt selling assistant manager looking mf’er..”

Absolutely. Much more than Golden. Golden absolutely refused to make changes no matter how much things didn't work. Manny at least tried but failed.

Golden just blamed everything on the cloud or the players. He resented UM, and it was pretty obvious.

Lotta revisionist history here.

1. Golden came here under false pretense, did he not?

2. Was there not a cloud around the program by the NCAA?

Listen, I hate Golden, but would u not have some hard feelings when u take a job & after u sign the contract the employer goes: “Great; hey, btw…so there’s something that may or may not come up, but u should be alright?”

However this Diaz notion about caring for the program, lol; was that before or after his buddy-buddy staff hires? Was that after throwing his DC under the bus, just to hire himself as DC? Was that before turning down help from former players or what? Was that before or after throwing shade at the coach that gave him a second chance? Maybe u thought he cared b/c he gave out participation trophies. Maybe b/c after bragging about Enos being a HR, he hired Lashlee immediately thereafter; or possibly, it was b/c he took a solo picture at Kenan Memorial Stadium after yet another loss to UNC.

Irindubitablyregardless, I believe it’s a bit disingenuous to say Diaz cared about the program, ESPECIALLY after his exit letter made to the media. Even Joy, who’s self described as petty, said it was tasteless. Diaz cared about himself, as he think he’s the smartest in the room; Golden was full of chit, but yeah he probably did have some resentment that 3 yrs of his coaching career was under less than ideal circumstances that he was not made aware of. Verdict? ALL OF THE ABOVE.

Advertisement
He did irrevocable damage to the program on the recruiting trail & that taken 7 years & 3 staffs to repair. What makes Folden worse than the others is his lack of work actually made it harder for Richt & even Diaz to recruit, because what recruits thought of us from when they were growing up & all the severed relationships from local South FL schools were all because of Folden. He was a complete joke who should've never been hired in the first place. (Same with Shannon & Diaz), but what separates him IMO is the fact that he genuinely was a 2-bit huckster who never gave a sh*t about Miami & was simply fleecing money from a job as a holdover until he could return back to Penn ST.

YES. A THOUSAND TIMES YES.

I gave all of the Corches a chance, (meaning even with the doubts I had I was willing to give them 2 years to prove themself before I wanted them out), but with Folden I never wanted him here from day 1 & did not give him a chance AT ALL because I knew he was going to fail & fail hard because he was an absolute shìt Corch at Temple.

- He lost to Buffalo
- Bowling Green
- Ohio
- Western Mich
- Kent St

It showed his track record was of a below average coach that NEVER got his team's to play all out for him, his team's always FOLDED up when it mattered most. (Hence why he became Al Folden & as you’ll notice I never refer to him as his given name)... He was 27-34 at Temple, he was literally a sub .500 Coach who had absolutely no business ever even being interviewed to be a volunteer Water boy at Greentree, let alone the HC at Miami.

The same sh*t happened at Miami, starting off with a loss vs a Maryland team that finished the season at 2-10, losing to K-State, UVA, BC. Then in 2012 K State, UNC, UVA , I wanted him gone in year one, but I REALLY wanted him gone that season. Then in his "best" season, lost to Va Tech & Duke & got steamrolled by FSU & Teddy Bridgwater's Louisville. Then the following year got smacked around by Louisville again (which should’ve been the last straw) he should've been fired after that game, but both LVille games were the perfect opportunities to get rid of him, instead they kept him on longer & he did more damage to the program with his incompetence.

We finished 2014 with a 4 game losing streak; again should've been fired, but nope let'em hang around for another season & after losing to Cincinnati he DEFINITELY should've been fired, but nope took another L to FSU & then the worst loss in school history (at that time) in the disaster vs Clemson, before the administration decided to step up & get rid of that fckin bum.

I've never seen a Corch ***** up up so bad on the recruiting trail than him, the misses he had, the God awful evals, the numerous times we had kids being hand delivered to us & he would still fck it up or flat out turn them down. I can't even get into the countless stories I have of kids who would've committed on the spot if we simply offered & Folden refused.

Folden, Shannon & Diaz were all incompetent in their own way & NONE of them should’ve ever been hired:

- Shannon was just a coordinator who was too stubborn & stuck in his old school mentality to ever be anything more than below average. The HC job was too big for him, he was nothing more than a career position coach who was unqualified for the job.

- Diaz was a dorky wannabe Football player who was the former Mayor’s son who essentially had his Daddy’s connections pull strings on his behalf to take over for Richt after he was too burnt out with health issues. If it wasn’t for his Daddy’s ties to the old money regime on the BOT & reluctancy from that faction to wanna spend legit money for a legit coach, we wouldn’t have had Diaz as a HC, he would’ve went off to Temple & failed miserably up there.

- But Folden... Not only was he unqualified, not only was a sh*tty person on top of being a sh*tty HC, but he was also the most weak jelly-spine Beta who couldn’t garner an ounce of respect from his peers. He was a walking joke & total fraud... He had the charisma of used shoe salesman... Not cars, used shoes.

I mean just look at him

View attachment 201959
View attachment 201960

No respect at all... Even a country bumpkin hillbilly goofball like Dabo was like
“Don’t even fckin look at me you roadkill squirrel pelt selling assistant manager looking mf’er..”

El; Diaz set UNIMAGINABLE negative records here, champ!

Do I have to remind the board that til this very day, The Univ of Miami is thee ONLY P5 program in the history of CFB to EVER lose to FIU?

Do I need to go back down memory lane (in my Minny Rippleton voice), to highlight all of the NCAA, ACC, & Miami Hurricanes records that UNC set against us?

Do I need to pontificate on the disaster of getting shut out in a bowl game against another G5 school?

Do we need to revisit Jonathan Taylor single handily destroying us in a bowl game w/ a back up QB?

El, come on babbbbbyyyyyyyy, I agree w/ ur assessment of Golden, but we’re letting Diaz off waaaaay too easy. I mean historic disasters as a HC in a shorter period of time. At least I can give Golden a 2 yr out; he took over the job under chitty circumstances; what was Diaz excuse? He should’ve been at Temple, & not here. He was way over his head.

he didn't try. he actually sued them and lost

The point still stands. **** that tool and his DC tool friend too. The other two proved to be incompetent and hurt the university in their own ways, but I never felt it to be malicious or from a negative place. Golden was just a vindictive fraud. If the university burned down to the ground today, I bet he wouldn't care. I feel like Diaz would and Shannon definitely, but not Golden. I'm not even sure what homie's specialty is in terms of football. He's a former TE, who became a DC, who then was a position coach on offense... And at every stop, I've never once stopped to think, "Yeah, that's a great system." I had no clue what his philosophy was aside from BS platitudes ("wefense" "bricks on wall" "barf") and shoddy pillars. Is homie still at Detroit? He deserves a lifetime career on the ****tiest team out there.

/end of rant

Advertisement
Which fired coach do we hate the most

The Nole (obviously)

Honorable mention: The Pedo Stater

... and, seriously, who could hate a homegrown standout linebacker from one of our National Championship squads or a guy who was gifted a National Championship team and brought home the trophy?

Diaz by a landslide.

Coker was a substitute teacher who meant well, but was in over his head. Outside of retiring after the Peach Bowl, not much more the man could've done.

Shannon is a former player, was a good assistant and recruiter and never should've been put in charge—but the administration was cheap and has no game plan for 2007 after Greg Schiano turned the job down. Shannon didn't have the CEO portion of the job down and lacked the leadership skills or personality to be the face of the program, a leader of an entire team or boss to a coaching staff. Lifer assistant; never was head coaching material.

Golden was the biggest fraud of the bunch; an empty suit with padded stats—a modicum of "success" at Temple, his big dumb binder, his tie, his "are you kidding me" presser. He was off-brand from day one (a product of Joe Paterno and Al Groh) and he was an excuse-maker who always tried to cite any positive, when the result was a colossal beating or lopsided loss.

Diaz took the cake, though. Writing was on the wall with him from his Texas defensive coordinator days. Canned and demoted, built his resume back up at Louisiana Tech and Mississippi State—where average was good enough and he was "ready" for the next opportunity.

All smoke and mirrors with Manny; the yacht, the cigars, the edgy Twitter game early on, the stupid tackling dummies with "7-6" only to go 6-7, losing to FIU years one. No control of his players—wanting to be liked and accepted instead of feared and respected; not one leadership quality to be found anywhere within the man—a perennial assistant who never should've been a head coach .... but politics played in his favor.

The fact he was "protected" because of his family's pull in the city; nauseating—and will forever celebrate "4th-and-14" with his old man on the sideline with him in Tallahassee for that back-breaking loss. Without that, this yahoo is probably still at Miami (or at least would've been harder to run off) ... and when you read Barry Jackson's latest piece regarding how he ran the show, wanted to buddy-up to players so they wouldn't leave the program, played a kid like Jarren Williams after he insulted Diaz by missing curfew pre-FIU .... this wasn't even the inmates running the asylum, this was a teacher's assistant being put in charge of the class and having no clue how to handle the gig.

Good riddance to all, though "hate" is a silly word here. Nothing personal against any of these guys, outside the fact they all set the rebuild and comeback back a country mile.

View attachment 201928
I am not defending Diaz but the primary reason he could not discipline is that we had no depth. When the starter is afraid of missing even a rep in practice because the next guy will take his spot, coaches almost don’t have to discipline.

Ask Clinton Portis if he ever missed a rep in practice knowing that Gore and McGahee were waiting to take his spot. in fact he played head games with McGahee to keep him from over taking Portis.

So to me Diaz’s greatest fault was in not recruting enough high quality players to even make the lack of discipline an issue.

We all need to move on. We absolutely can with where the program is headed now. We don’t have to/need to drown in our own tears anymore. Put the past in the past and let’s enjoy our new found excitement.

Advertisement
How can you hate Coker. Not his fault he wasnt good enough but was given the keys to the team at the players request

I see the obvious arguments for Diaz and Golden but it’s always going to be Coker for me.

He ****ed up a dynasty and unraveled a monstrous program in just a couple years. The others added to the damage but it always has left a real ‘what-if’ for me when I think about what Coker had, what he did, and what could have been for a while (not even if butch had stayed longer but we hired a competent coach, after he left).

With Coker: you could SEE what we were and what we were going to be. You couldn’t see that with the other options in this poll as clearly and it drives me crazy. The other dip****s in this poll are always a reference to the time period (or 80s and some 90s) as a hypothetical marker of what this program could be. Coker blew it.

I don’t care how grandfatherly he was.

Every last one was a step on the path that led us here. If we see the kind of success we expect to, I won't regret any of them.

And hate is reserved for the gator and domers.

Advertisement

- He lost to Buffalo
- Bowling Green
- Ohio
- Western Mich
- Kent St

I mean just look at him

View attachment 201959
View attachment 201960

Great closing argument counselor. The verdict is in and the jury finds Al Folden guilty of being the worst coach at UM in the past 20 years.
He is sentenced to a lifetime of incompetence, and a wife who repeatedly cheats on him.

Threads like this are my least favorite.

Instead of being happy for a new regime change people seem to dwell in the past and act like 12 year olds calling ex -employees of the athletic department silly names.
For me it’s like thinking back to the darkness which helps appreciate the brightness properly.
But I guess we’re not all the same.

Advertisement
Back