Which currents coaches do we keep?

firstandcanes

Sophomore
I like what Beard has done with the receiving core. He seems like a good young coach, that's a former player with recruiting ties.

Hurlie Brown I would be good with keeping. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see him go either though.

The players seem to like Kareem Brown but I don't know if he's proven enough to be retainable.

Ice Harris can go. He was suppose to help tremendously with recruiting in S. Florida and that doesn't seem to be the case. Not impressed with what he has done with the running backs either.

James Coley can go kick rocks. His play calling sucks. His schemes suck. His personnel groupings suck. I don't care how good of a recruiter he is, he is not a very good OC. Plus I highly doubt he takes a demotion to stay on staff.

Randy Melvin can go. Golden brought him here and he can go with him.

Paul Williams can go. He should've been gone last year. Only thing making him look better is how awful No D is.

Speaking of the devil I think it's safe to say that he should've been gone years ago. Only reason he was retained so long was he was a hellava lap dog to Al.

Thoughts?

Edit:

Forgot Kehoe. He needs to go as well. The O line play was awful to start the year and remains awful. No cohesiveness as a unit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
After yesterday's public post-term abortion I wouldn't keep anyone in the Hecht who has ever even made eye contact with Folden.

Flush that ***** out. Smells like rotten eggs.

I would not keep any of them. **** em. Butch knows who he wants and what he needs. He already got his staff in place. It don't include any of the current bums on staff.

I like what Beard has done with the receiving core. He seems like a good young coach, that's a former player with recruiting ties.

Hurlie Brown I would be good with keeping. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see him go either though.

The players seem to like Kareem Brown but I don't know if he's proven enough to be retainable.

Ice Harris can go. He was suppose to help tremendously with recruiting in S. Florida and that doesn't seem to be the case. Not impressed with what he has done with the running backs either.

James Coley can go kick rocks. His play calling sucks. His schemes suck. His personnel groupings suck. I don't care how good of a recruiter he is, he is not a very good OC. Plus I highly doubt he takes a demotion to stay on staff.

Randy Melvin can go. Golden brought him here and he can go with him.

Paul Williams can go. He should've been gone last year. Only thing making him look better is how awful No D is.

Speaking of the devil I think it's safe to say that he should've been gone years ago. Only reason he was retained so long was he was a hellava lap dog to Al.

Thoughts?

Pretty much with you on all of this.

Only coach I really want to keep is KB. Kids love him, he's a Cane, and he's improved our WRs.

There are a few "maybe keep 'em" coaches like Hurlie, Scott, Ice, and Kehoe, who may be capable under a decent head coach. But not sure I want anyone who's got any of that limp-wristed Golden **** in their heads.

Banish everyone else. Immediately.

Advertisement
We need to stop hiring HS coaches bc it makes the other HS coaches feel entitled and spiteful. I know for a fact several HS coaches that resented Randy bc of it and even more so Golden. It's bad news. Fire everyone, especially the guy in my handle!

Beard and that's it. Hurlie maybe. Ice has no business in the college ranks unless it's administrative. The rest can and should peace.

After yesterday's public post-term abortion I wouldn't keep anyone in the Hecht who has ever even made eye contact with Folden.

Flush that **** out. Smells like rotten eggs.

I would go further and check to see if they have a fish tank at the Hecht Athletic Center.
If yes, I would empty the tank and flush the fish down the toilet.
Remove any carpeting as well.
Seriously, entire place needs to be nuked.

Advertisement
Now I'm thinking just Beard

Nope.. purge everything.. I like kareem brown, but purge his *** too! They all suck.. I don't want any of them around...... purge swasey too. Anyone affiliated with this program must be removed. Maybe keep Baez for recruiting purposes....but all coaches get pink slips the day after our last game.

WHOEVER THE NEW COACH WANTS!
We cannot tie this new coach to anything that he thinks won't help us. Give whoever ( hopefully Butch) all the control of staffing.
Speculation on who you want is one thing, but let the HC make all the calls

Advertisement
Let the incoming coach decide if any are worth keeping around. Only one I could see if Beard as he seems like the only one that can actually coach and is just getting his footing into the coaching game at the collegiate level. A coach can come in and probably see that he doesn't have any set habits as a coach and refine his coaching skills. But I wouldn't doubt a full purge is coming.

I am glad someone decided to post this question. It is a breathe of fresh air hearing topics that have not been discussed yet.

No self respecting coach would retain any of this dead weight.

If any of them are on staff next year we've got a bigger problem because it'll mean Cristobal is in charge.

Advertisement
Back