Which Comeback Player Will Have The Best Season in 2017?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cager is COMIN. That boy gonna eat, now that teams will double up Richards.

Then when you add in my boy Jeff T. OOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:rickflair2:

Well, I think we should ALL hope its Nick Linder. If he can play at an above average or good level at center, then Gauthier can play guard where he played strong last year. Would be better than having to rely on Darling at OG.

But out of the guys you list, no way in **** its Choc, he wont get many carries whether hes healthy or not. Gordinier is our 5th or 6th best LB, so He's very unlikely. And Patchan is behind Chad, Joe Jackson, Trent Harris, and Demetrius. Plus Garvin looks like a stud, and DJ Johnson was our highest ranked recruit last yr.

The obvious answer is Cager. He shouldn't struggle to beat out Evidence Njoku for the Big Wr role this year. I think it'll be either him or Mullins for that 2nd outside WR spot (with Berrios playing Slot)

I'll say Cager. Richards will command a lot of attention on top of teams stacking the box to stop Walton. Cager should have the opportunity to win some one-on-ones.

He and Gray will probably have the most opportunities in practice to prove themselves as contributors.

Cager flashed as a frosh and his size/skill set will make him an attractive target in the red zone. He definitely has my vote, especially with all of the attention Richards will receive.

Gordinier will really help from a depth standpoint and it sounded like he was thriving before he got hurt. He'd be next on the list.

Patchan should get reps as a situational pass rusher, but our DL is loaded and he's probably the 7th guy (at best) on the depth chart.

No disrespect to Choc, but I can't recall a more hyped up Greentree All Star in all of my time here. Kid was a stud at CC but all of this love over 169 yards and 3 TD's over 2 seasons? He's 3rd on a really short depth chart right now and will be 4th if/when they add a grad transfer.

Advertisement
I'll go with Patchan. He looked pretty good when he got reps.

Kool rotates a ton to keep guys fresh, so I don't think our DL depth is necessarily a bad thing for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While Kool did rotate a lot of DEs, it was staggering how many more snaps Norton/RJ received than their backups.

Hopefully Willis and Molten become so good that there's little drop-off.

Easily Cager.

He will get more meaningful reps than the other candidates combined.

Advertisement
None of the above.

Darrion Owens at LB will start in game one and possible keep that role as a starter. He was a starter in '15 before his knee injury and and did not recover fully for the '16 season. Now, he looks ready.

At 6'3", 240 lbs, this former high school safety could surprise us all in '17. He's my pick for comeback player of the year.

Cager is COMIN. That boy gonna eat, now that teams will double up Richards.

Then when you add in my boy Jeff T. OOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:rickflair2:

teams wont be able to double up on Richards at all with all the talent we have at WR about to take the field next year. Will be costly if they do.

The table is set for Cager. Defenses will be keyed on Richards. And Cager has the size and ability to do damage in a lot of different sets (especially near the red zone).

Advertisement
I'm hoping Gray will have a break out year but, I think Cager will contribute the most out of this group. I believe Patchan has talent just we're loaded at DE

1. Cager - 35 catches, 500 yards, 6 TD's
2. Gordinier - will be a solid rotational player
3. Gray - 50 carries, 250 yards, mostly in mop up duty but I could see him being used sparingly in Goal line situations
4. Patchan - can't rely on him to remain healthy, too much talent and depth in front of him

Cager wins

Feel like patchan will show out when he gets the opportunity

Choc hasn't even shown Gus Edwards ability and brown still has to remind him about his pad level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back