Which cat in our RB room is going to break out like this????

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think people have this false idea that having multiple solid backs means they stack together like Voltron to create one elite back

It doesn’t work like that

I know the OP is a rhetorical question but hopefully in 2024 someone emerges on the radar

I don’t need any of our backs to be the next Willis; we just need them to be the next best version of themselves. I want to start a new legacy of RBU, & hoping it starts w/ this group. Why can’t we be like UNC & have two RBs drafted highly in the same draft? Need us to go from James Jackson, to Portis, to McGahee, to Gore/Payton, again. We’ve been hit or miss since. We need that revolving gun chamber of RB talent.

Last edited:

Whoever has that skill set and size pause.....I don't think anyone on the roster has that. There are kids on the trail with traits like that but they going elsewhere. Citizen looks like a old UM RB size and speed everyone else has something they do good. Have to land the Baxters and Young's then u can say this RB will break out. Got to get the names that carry the skill set .....u can't make someone without the skill set have those skill sets.

Advertisement
I think people have this false idea that having multiple solid backs means they stack together like Voltron to create one elite back

It doesn’t work like that

I know the OP is a rhetorical question but hopefully in 2024 someone emerges on the radar
Facts no one is Willis on the squad. Young and Baxter were those guys this cycle.

Facts no one is Willis on the squad. Young and Baxter were those guys this cycle.
Willis is a one of one. My guy had a **** of a career after having the worst injury I've seen to that point. I'd take Citizen over Young and Baxter I think he's a game changer. Baxter is a close second to me loved his tape. We'll see soon though

Last edited:
Advertisement
Willis is a one of one. My guy had a **** of a career after having the worst injury I'd seen to that point. I'd take Citizen over Young and Baxter I think he's a game changer. Baxter is a close second to me loved his tape. We'll see soon though
Citizen looks the part. Super excited about his future

Don’t want to be the lame *** saying this but just need to see it translate now to the field

Willis was a different breed though for sure

I don’t need any of our backs to be the next Willis; we just need them to be the next best version of themselves. I want to start a new legacy of RBU, & hoping it starts w/ this group. Why can’t we be like UNC & have two RBs drafted highly in the same draft? Need us to go from James Jackson, to Portis, to McGahee, to Gore/Payton. We’ve been hit or miss since. We need that revolving gun chamber of RB talent.
I will say these backs have a bit of a blank slate with me

I liked Lashlee but I didn’t see a lot of help for the backs like we will see with Gattis

Granted Lashlee didn’t have the stable we have this year to work with, but there’s a lot of potential there

I will say these backs have a bit of a blank slate with me

I liked Lashlee but I didn’t see a lot of help for the backs like we will see with Gattis

Granted Lashlee didn’t have the stable we have this year to work with, but there’s a lot of potential there

Agreed. I’m giving this room a fresh start.

Advertisement
If he doesn't get injured in that NC game we win running away. If you watch the game, right before his injury, he was doing what he did best. Late game, worn out DL, Ripping off 8-11 yard runs. Ohio didn't have an answer. That game wouldn't have come down to a Porter flag. It would have been a beating.

Willis is a one of one. My guy had a **** of a career after having the worst injury I'd seen to that point. I'd take Citizen over Young and Baxter I think he's a game changer. Baxter is a close second to me loved his tape. We'll see soon though

Definitely… I believe he was the 2nd RB in NFL history to rush for 1,000 in a season with 3 different teams.

Citizen has some Willis in him. The way he cuts and his vision.. Not saying he's the next Willis, just saying there's some of him there.

Whoever has that skill set and size pause.....I don't think anyone on the roster has that. There are kids on the trail with traits like that but they going elsewhere. Citizen looks like a old UM RB size and speed everyone else has something they do good. Have to land the Baxters and Young's then u can say this RB will break out. Got to get the names that carry the skill set .....u can't make someone without the skill set have those skill sets.

I think running back is a position where being in SFla is a real advantage for us. I also don't think we have to have Willis Mac like running backs to win big in today's landscape. WM was a generational back!

Advertisement
Back