Where's the National Media Ridicule?

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
Where was the mocking? Why didn't (Pitt alum) John Congemi even mention it? Why didn't we hear "I don't know what Pat Narduzzi and these kids have to do to get people out to support this team?" Did (Pitt alum) Mark May make a joke about it back in the studio that I missed?

Ron Cook: Pitt's season fine, but small crowd is big concern | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

'Despite the beautiful day Friday and a Pitt team that was competitive and combative all season, there was an announced crowd of only 40,126. The stadium hardly seemed half-full. There was no atmosphere, no buzz. There wouldn’t have been any atmosphere or buzz even if Pitt’s students hadn’t been on holiday break."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Where was the mocking? Why didn't (Pitt alum) John Congemi even mention it? Why didn't we hear "I don't know what Pat Narduzzi and these kids have to do to get people out to support this team?" Did (Pitt alum) Mark May make a joke about it back in the studio that I missed?

Ron Cook: Pitt's season fine, but small crowd is big concern | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

'Despite the beautiful day Friday and a Pitt team that was competitive and combative all season, there was an announced crowd of only 40,126. The stadium hardly seemed half-full. There was no atmosphere, no buzz. There wouldn’t have been any atmosphere or buzz even if Pitt’s students hadn’t been on holiday break."

Fair question.

Most fans arrive late, and leave early. When they are there they congregate in the concourses. Also, the camera angles make it much worse than it really is. My friend said there was someone sitting right next to him, so it was pretty full. The parking lot was mostly full, and the yellow seats make it look worse than it is.

Did I cover all the excuses?

Advertisement
They've had attendance issues at least as far back as when they moved into that stadium. Their beat writers post weekly "here is attendance at kickoff" pics on gameday. The only discernible difference is they are Pitt and we are Miami.

Pitt - Last National Title 1976 - before that the 30"s

Stop blaming the media bc we have 20K show up for a game ..... oh wait, are we still boycotting the team bc of Al - what a joke

Pitt - Last National Title 1976 - before that the 30"s

Stop blaming the media bc we have 20K show up for a game ..... oh wait, are we still boycotting the team bc of Al - what a joke

Who is blaming the media FOR our attendance? I'm blaming them for HOW they cover/comment on it- especially in relation to how they do it with other programs. Btw, you can't claim these fools hold us to a greater standard based on success because they're always the FIRST to say how irrelevant we are, how this is a junk job, etc.

Last edited:
Actually we are held to a higher standard ---- cant think of one team in College football that has been this mediocre and gets more mentions on ESPn

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back