Where were you ,when this happened......Part 3

Advertisement
All the talk about Marcus Vick, was shut down early... and I was home teaching my 2 year old son how to tackle like Sean Taylor, and fly like Devin Hester before, during and after the game!! LOL

Best game of the end of the Coker era. I expected a loss at Blacksburg, especially a night game. Too bad that momentum was lost later against GT.

Kyle Wright had skills but lacked consistency.

Was this the only good game Charlie Jones had?

Advertisement
Watched in dorm room at Kunsan AB, Korea. With the time difference the games were in the am, so we'd make omelettes for our game food. Good times

All the talk about Marcus Vick, was shut down early... and I was home teaching my 2 year old son how to tackle like Sean Taylor, and fly like Devin Hester before, during and after the game!! LOL

I'm not one to personally dislike opposing players, but Marcus Vick was definitely one of the exceptions. He was a punk. Remember when Beamer had to kick him out for stomping on a opposing player?

I was in Sigonella, Italy on the tail end of a 3 week work trip to Okinawa, Bahrain, and Sigonella. I was tired as **** and jet lagged but watched this game at like 1 AM and loved every minite of it.

Advertisement

I'm not one to personally dislike opposing players, but Marcus Vick was definitely one of the exceptions. He was a punk. Remember when Beamer had to kick him out for stomping on a opposing player?

What's up [MENTION=13416]TemplarCane[/MENTION]..... I Totally forgot about that, but yes he was living in his brother's shadow.

Last edited:
This was my second to last year working at The Sports Grill Kendall, and I remember everyone at the bar badmouthing Vick and Beamer, lol! What an epic *** whipping..

With a couple friends at an empty Winghouse in Tampa going nuts. No one was there because it was a Thursday night game and there are basically zero Cane fans in Tampa.

Advertisement
Just moved back to Cali.... At uncles for a party.... Looked at score on phone very happy... Came home to see the 4th qtr.... Couldn't tell me ****.... Sent mass texts to fsu fans talking bout see them in the acc championship.... Known how that story ended.....

Advertisement
This was the first game I ever attended. IT was my junior year in high school and I got invited to the game by some friends I knew at VPI at the time.

I was literally the only Cane around and I caught **** from the party the night before all the way through the tailgate. Im not going to lie I was getting really annoyed by the constant shid talk and I was hoping we would shut that stadium up.

For anyone who hasn't ever been to Lane, that stadium will send chills up your spine. They get rowdy as ****, especially when that Metallica comes on.

The funny thing is, ive been told I looked like Michael Vick my entire life so it felt really awkward being asked for my autograph about 100 times that weekend.

Ive been to about 10 games since then and that is the only time ive ever seen these canes win in person. IT seems that every time I decide to go to a game, we lose.

Advertisement
Back