Where we go from here

Too much pressure all night from the right side - Malik was one read and gone bc he kept seeing it.

Losing Bandy early was a killer....and it was obvious Dean struggles mightily to play zone/off man. He gives way too much of a cushion and looks awkward in recovery.

Same with MJ wouldn't you say?

Advertisement
We have one month (FSU game), maybe even less (UNC or Toledo) to make adjustments and figure it out.

If we don’t, we’ll lose to FSU or before

Rosier is not the answer.We know what he can do and he needs no more experience.
Agree 💯 that we need to play Williams,Weldon,and Perry in live game conditions to see who emerges.We can always return to Rosier if all three suck.

• Immediately let the freshman QB play. Let’s find our QB for the future now. Play time is critical. Rosier is who he is. Win this year but let’s get our 2019 QB ready. If its Williams, then perfect. Accuracy is key something Rosier cannot spell, I rather have a QB that doesn’t know the plays but is accurate.
  • The QB play is going to get our WRs hurt.
  • Recruit a punter for this cycle. Same situation as the QB. Let Spicer play.
  • The additional coaching position went to Patke last year, we need an expert full time Special Team coach. Find a spot in the staff (demote/fire someone) and hire an expert full time ST coach.
  • During scrimmages our 1st line defense MUST play our 1st line offense. It looked at is they had never seen a talented line. This also affects the QBs, if the number one QB never sees real pressure as we saw at LSU then they do look like Greentree studs.
  • Start playing the freshman OL give them time now. I do not want to throw this season away, we can still win the coastal (one of the worst years ever). But get the freshman OL experience now and in critical moments. RT might be a good start, moving Donaldson back to guard (Scaife).
  • Playing a top team on game 1 for the next few years = change the way we prepare in the summer.
  • Penalties are the fault of our coaches. Self-assessment and correction now or replace them.
  • Recruit a QB this cycle, a 3 star is probably all we can do this late, but that is fine, take someone to develop even if they are a career backup now.
  • Despite how great LSU has done in recruiting the past few years, they had a huge amount of transfers at all positions: line, WR, DT, etc. Their kicker was a great find, (Bubba might be a problem all year). This is more of the NFL mentality. Build your team thru the draft (recruiting) but without fear add free agents (transfers). We must be more aggressive/alert in the transfer market. Our BB team is doing that to an extreme.
  • Replace Gatorade with red bull during game days, cause our players were lifeless especially Rosier, energy/urgency is needed. I did not see anyone upset, even the post-game interviews were bland.
  • Dean and Knowles need to be bench and let the freshman CB and Safeties play.

I’m still going to the game Saturday and rooting for the Canes. I don’t know anything else!

Advertisement
The defense was not bad last night. We held them to under 300 yards of offense. Defense only gave up 2 touchdowns. And due to our horrible punting, most lsu drives started just outside field goal range. Now defense was in no way perfect, but this loss is on offense and special teams

I thought the same but then realized that the LSU offense went into a shell in the 2d half to protect the big lede. Could have been a lot worse, no?

Advertisement
& some posters wonder why some of us question these coaches...they can't be trusted...from recruiting decisions to playing time.

Most of the board that truly know football refuse to let their eyes lie to them.

the scary part is that with this schedule, Rosier may still lead this team to a 10-win season and as I stated late last night, every game started by 12 from this point forward is progress that is impeded

As for Richt, my greatest fear when UM hired him is - was his best days/years coaching behind him?

First off, I apologize for hyping this product. It’s embarrassing. Instead of erasing the Peach Bowl memory, we told the world nothing has changed. We won’t be respected for a long time after this. And we shouldn’t be.

As hopeless as we all feel, there is an entire season to play. Many seasons that looked doomed after the first game turned out very well. What are the best (realistic) steps to get things moving in the right direction? No coach is getting fired mid-season, so I’ll leave that to the other threads.

My overarching thought is this: we let experience play over talent because we started with LSU. That didn’t work, and every inferior talent got exposed. Now is the time to trust and fast track the talent.

QB- This is an obvious one. Rosier is 47% over his last eight games. That is a sample size of more than half his starting career. You can’t win like that. He’s not even the most athletic QB on the team. If anything, he’s the least dynamic.

We will be the underdog against every good team we play as long as Malik is the starter. What kills me the most is the lack of urgency he plays with. He was lifeless.

Greentree is not effective for evaluating QBs. Rosier looked improved until the real games started. We have four light games coming up. Put all three young guys under the fire (with live tackling) and see who emerges. Mix in reps with the first team. Use this schedule and the new redshirt rule to find out who belongs under center.

OL- Richt has been privately telling people that this team will take the next step when Delone Scaife, Cleveland Reed and John Campbell are ready to play. Time to expedite that process. Our guards looked out of place last night. A team like Clemson will make them look worse.

We need to get our guys through growing pains early. I’m not saying to start all three, but give them meaningful reps starting immediately. Scaife at RT and Donaldson at G may ultimately be the move.

P/K- Same story as above. Open it up over the next four games. We need to find out who is ready to play in a live environment against FSU. We were playing with a handicap all night.

DB- Dean and Knowles looked like the same guys. They are older than the others but not any better mentally. Time to let the young bloods learn on the job.

LSU was the perfect first test for us because they are strong where we are weak. Physical, strong and able to neutralize our athletic advantages. We failed the test miserably. Now is the time to radically rethink our approach as we look towards FSU.
Sometimes **** is just broken and there is no fix, and you can’t afford to buy a new one. There’s only suffering and doing without. It’s like broken A/C in a trailer home. You can’t trade for better players, we are just stuck with this **** show the whole year.

We don't need to over-think this. We suck.

J. Thomas. Hightower. Willis. Redwine.

Four guys showed up to play. Every other aspect of this team was awful.

We'll be lucky to get to the Coastal championship game, much less win it.

Advertisement
Why is Diaz getting so much heat? The defense didn't give up the pick 6. They held LSU to 6 pets in the second half. They hurt themselves with some untimely and questionable penalties for sure. But other than the fact that we are substituting LBers and secondary way too frequently (see 50 yd TD run) I thought they did ok on that side of the ball. If our offense can't score 30 a game who's fault is that?
HEld them to 6? Holy chit, they were up by 30! If LSU stepped on the gas, it would have been 60!

The defense was not bad last night. We held them to under 300 yards of offense. Defense only gave up 2 touchdowns. And due to our horrible punting, most lsu drives started just outside field goal range. Now defense was in no way perfect, but this loss is on offense and special teams
I agree. Our defense did not play well but it is not the reason we lost. We needed them to make some stops at key times and they couldn’t. Despite the short fields we expect them to rise to the moment and the didn’t. Overall they did ok. But ok was not what we expected. Ok was not going to win that game. Most disappointed that we looked exactly the same as last season. I saw no improvement in any of the 3 phases of our team.

Advertisement
9-4 or 8-5 his year. OL sucks. Donaldson needs to play RG, put the freshman Campbell at RT and Scaife at LG. Roll with the young guys and start Perry at QB next week. Get the TE more involved in the game. There is no middle of the field offense. The punting position is open competition as of today. I don't care who Feagles daddy is. Defense needs to learn to tackle and the stupid penalties need to end.

Where we SHOULD go from here:

Assuming we had an administration with a clue that cared about football they'd put Richt on alert and let him know he's coaching the rest of the season for his job. Entering your 3rd full year as the coach of a University of Miami program with probation in the rear view mirror comes with higher expectations, and he's simply done a **** poor job of roster construction at several key spots. Failing to re-recruit Mcintosh and Norton was also an utter failure. The admins should make him take his own flight home and on that flight he should start putting together a short list of qualified OC candidates.

Where we WILL go from here:

Full speed ahead on present course, and **** the torpedoes. Kids are graduating, No players are getting arrested. Local churches are full. Everyone is paying their taxes. Things are EXACTLY how the board and administration wants them. Anyone who thinks Richt will get anything other than a pat on the *** and a "good effort" for this Saturday are going to be severely disappointed. There is a better chance this administration asks him to also call defensive play calls (while being named the new President of the school) before ANY sort of innuendo or pressure is applied to St. Mark.

So to sum it up cliff notes style, we are ****ed with 47 penises.
Sounds like a *** gang-bang.

Advertisement
Back