Where the LBs at?

Weird year in SFLA I guess. When have you seen so many top QB prospects in SFLA? And so few LB's?

Love the name Official Coffey. There's alot of announcer pun possibilities for whenever he makes a big hit.

Speaking of Travis Johnson, where did he end up?

Advertisement
Weird year in SFLA I guess. When have you seen so many top QB prospects in SFLA? And so few LB's?

Love the name Official Coffey. There's alot of announcer pun possibilities for whenever he makes a big hit.

Speaking of Travis Johnson, where did he end up?

CINCY

Not all 6-3, 250 lb LBs are built the same, but was Donta that big as a junior in HS? If so, I don't think it's reasonable to expect a kid not to gain any weight in college.

Advertisement
How many linebackers are we expected to take in '14? I'm thinking 4 and maybe one Juco with the potential of EJ not returning?

Pompano Beach Ely 2014 linebacker Terry McCray is a name to watch on the Miami recruiting radar over the next few months.

McCray (6-2, 215) received a UM offer when the Hurricanes played South Florida at home. The Hurricanes are the only school that has offered to this point.
"I was a little shocked and a little bit happy because my cousin is Rashard Robinson and I thought he might be going there," McCray said. "He wanted to go, but I don't know what happened. I thought he was going to go there."
McCray says he watched as many Miami games as he could this year and that overall he was impressed by the season the Hurricanes had in 2012.
"I watched Miami a lot this past year," McCray said. "My cousin plays for Bethune-Cookman, so I went to go watch that game. Miami is good. They have a lot of young talent that is there. I am really impressed by Duke Johnson. He is special."
McCray was invited to Miami's junior day this past Saturday, but he couldn't make it. He hopes to get down to the UM campus some time this spring though.
"I really want to get down there," McCray said. "I want to see how things are and meet the coaches. Rashard told me how the coaches are cool to deal with, so I just want to see for myself."
With the pipeline that has been established recently between Ely and LSU, McCray hopes to hear more from the Tigers in the coming months.
"I hope LSU shows more interest," McCray said. "Patrick Peterson tells me how it is a good program and the area around the school is nice. Rashard likes it too."
West Virginia is another school McCray hopes to hear from more in the future.
"I like watching West Virginia," McCray said. "They have a fun offense to watch and they get a lot of great players from South Florida."
McCray finished his junior season with 13 sacks. He has been clocked at a 4.69 in the 40.
Former Miami running backs coach Terry Richardson was McCray's primary recruiter for UM. McCray hopes to contact the Hurricanes soon to find out who his new recruiter will be.

L$U play$ in he $EC right?

:quag:

Advertisement
I wasn't too impressed with Yeargin against University. He spent most of the time as a stand-up rusher (Futch's old role) and didn't do much until a garbage-time sack. Maquedius Bain actually handled him.

Seemed like a competitive kid, though. Big, too. I actually confused him for 2013 DE John Jones.

Other LBs from Blustein's pre-spring top 75:

Official Coffey, LB, 6-0, 210, North Miami.
Jean Concepcion, LB, 5-10, 190, South Miami
Dominique Elverson, LB, 6-0, 224, Hialeah
Roi Jean-Joseph, LB, 5-10, 200, Miami Edison
GriffinJossfolk, LB, 5-11, 200, Weston Cypress Bay
Andrew Korakakakos, LB, 5-9, 200, Davie University School
Ryan Samuel, LB, 5-11, 215, Miramar
Jaboree Williams, LB, 6-1, 205, Fort Lauderdale

From that list, I don't think you could find one guy who meets the height requirements for a roller coaster.

kain daub is as stiff as an ironing board...runs like clive walford...h emay could be an ilb at bama...i dont know..he has good short area burst....

i dont see to many good lbs IN s.fla This year.

Advertisement
I actually confused him for 2013 DE John Jones.

I always get embarrassed when I go to a game, little too late to get a roster and don't know any of the locals, and watch the wrong guy for a quarter before I hear the announcer correctly ID the prospect I thought I'd been watching.

Other LBs from Blustein's pre-spring top 75:

Official Coffey, LB, 6-0, 210, North Miami.
Jean Concepcion, LB, 5-10, 190, South Miami
Dominique Elverson, LB, 6-0, 224, Hialeah
Roi Jean-Joseph, LB, 5-10, 200, Miami Edison
GriffinJossfolk, LB, 5-11, 200, Weston Cypress Bay
Andrew Korakakakos, LB, 5-9, 200, Davie University School
Ryan Samuel, LB, 5-11, 215, Miramar
Jaboree Williams, LB, 6-1, 205, Fort Lauderdale

From that list, I don't think you could find one guy who meets the height requirements for a roller coaster.

If a kid can ball, I dont care how tall he is.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back