Where is everyone staying in Orlando for the game

We booked at Rosen. Is the traffic going to be an issue from there

I honestly would not know, one of the Orlando residents that post here should have an idea. But you know that two or three blocks away from the stadium it’s going to get super congested anyway. I’m taking an Uber so I’m not that worried about it.

The hassle is going to be after the game, finding an uncontested intersection away from the stadium, where I can catch my Uber back

Oh by the way right now they’re running $169 a night Florida resident special. That’s a pretty good deal.

Advertisement
Paranos, the address shows E Pine St where I'm staying. It says about 1.8 miles to the east of the stadium, it has excellent reviews and looks good. Do you have an idea of that area? Appreciate it
@caneinorlando I'd appreciate your input as well.

Great spot. Depending on how long you are staying, walk over to World of Beer on Lake Eola. Or head up to Gringos Locos or Tin & Taco on Washington for some tacos.

I'm staying in an Airbnb there but the area looks good. I'm planning on going to a tailgate, looks like we'll be walking north on Rio Grande Ave to the stadium from W Gore St.

If you are going to the Canes United tailgate, you should be fine, plenty of people, and the tailgate is right next to a high school. It's not a perfect area, but there will be plenty of cops around.

Advertisement
Thank you! I enjoy a really good dinner, usually go to Cristini's, but they are stuffy and expensive. Anywhere else you recommend?

If you want quick/good and not stuffy, you've got Beth's Burger Bar, Numero Uno (Cuban) and the Michigan Street locations of Gringos Locos & Tin & Taco. Also on Michigan is Johnny's Filling Station (burger place in an old gas station).

If you want to hit that sweet spot between these faster spots and Cristini's, there are a couple of places in downtown just a bit north of you. Rusty Spoon (on Church Street) is a great farm-to-table spot that isn't really stuck up. Harp & Celt (on Magnolia) is an excellent Irish spot. Shumann's (on Church Street) is a German bar with surprisingly good food. Farther up Orange Avenue is Orange County Brewers, but they have recently added a Pizza Bruno pop-up (the original Pizza Bruno east of Orlando is considered to be one of the best pizza spots in Orlando, they have no website and no telephone number).

I-4 is under construction, but it should be OK on a Saturday. They usually restrict traffic on the little streets west of 441, but you should be able to get to the game fairly easily. Getting out will be a bit tougher, it will be dark and a lot of people won't know where they are going.

If you want quick/good and not stuffy, you've got Beth's Burger Bar, Numero Uno (Cuban) and the Michigan Street locations of Gringos Locos & Tin & Taco. Also on Michigan is Johnny's Filling Station (burger place in an old gas station).

If you want to hit that sweet spot between these faster spots and Cristini's, there are a couple of places in downtown just a bit north of you. Rusty Spoon (on Church Street) is a great farm-to-table spot that isn't really stuck up. Harp & Celt (on Magnolia) is an excellent Irish spot. Shumann's (on Church Street) is a German bar with surprisingly good food. Farther up Orange Avenue is Orange County Brewers, but they have recently added a Pizza Bruno pop-up (the original Pizza Bruno east of Orlando is considered to be one of the best pizza spots in Orlando, they have no website and no telephone number).

Thank you so much!

Traffic on i-4 will be rough but your only going about 4 exits (12-13miles) so you should consider 30-40 minutes as average drive time due to construction. Then factor in congestion around the stadium.

Go Canes

Go Canes.

Advertisement
Thank you! I enjoy a really good dinner, usually go to Cristini's, but they are stuffy and expensive. Anywhere else you recommend?

Vines on restaurant row (fine dining, where bacon is a food group)

4 Rivers BBQ (any of them, you will have to count your fingers when finished)

The Coop (casual southern food)(winter park)

The Capital Grille (pointe Orlando I-Drive)( fine dining)

Bahama Breeze ( casual dining Caribbean food) (near pointe OrlandoI-drive) great time, good food, good music, and the drinks oh the drinks.

Miller's Ale house (sports pub, most locations are very good)

BJ's Restaurant (any location)
Upscale sports bar

Good luck

Last edited:

The Coop (casual southern food)

The Capital Grille (pointe Orlando)( fine dining)

Bahama Breeze ( casual dining Caribbean food) great time, good food, good music, and the drinks oh the drinks.

Upscale sports bar

Good luck
No Rachel's?

No Rachel's?

Nah they are way overrated. Not to mention the only thing at Rachel's that has meat on the bone are the steaks. Those chicks are hella skinny. Tampa's has much better strippers.

I prefer chicks with *** cheeks big enough for them to hold a Heineken bottle between or better yet can shake one butt cheek at a time ( now that's talent).

Go Canes

Advertisement
Nah they are way overrated. Not to mention the only thing at Rachel's that has meat on the bone are the steaks. Those chicks are hella skinny. Tampa's has much better strippers.

I prefer chicks with *** cheeks big enough for them to hold a Heineken bottle between or better yet can shake one butt cheek at a time ( now that's talent).

Go Canes
I agree on talent is far better in Tampa than Orlando. But Rachel's does make a **** good steak. I thought we were just talking about food. Besides that let's be real brother. You prefer a woman that can sit a pizza on each *** cheek and a fifth between them.

I agree on talent is far better in Tampa than Orlando. But Rachel's does make a **** good steak. I thought we were just talking about food. Besides that let's be real brother. You prefer a woman that can sit a pizza on each *** cheek and a fifth between them.
c10.jpg

Yes I agree Rachel's does make a good steaks. I just wish they hired more girls that swallowed what's on the menu.

Go Canes

Advertisement

The Coop (casual southern food)(winter park)

The Capital Grille (pointe Orlando I-Drive)( fine dining)

Bahama Breeze ( casual dining Caribbean food) (near pointe OrlandoI-drive) great time, good food, good music, and the drinks oh the drinks.

Upscale sports bar

Good luck

4Rivers/Coop are solid, but a lot of the others are Darden or other national chains.

I forgot to mention the Mills-50 (north of Colonial Drive & Mills Avenue intersection) area.

--Santiago's Bodega (best brunch place in Orlando, hands down)
--Orlando Meats (just featured on Andrew Zimmern's show)
--Pig Floyd's (the owner is from SoFla, he does brisket/ribs with black beans & rice)
--Black Rooster Taqueria (also featured on Andrew Zimmern's show)
--Tako Cheena (Korean BBQ tacos)
--Hawker's Asian Street Fare
--Black Bean Deli
--Lazy Moon (pizza)
--Pho 88

And in the Milk District (south of 50/Colonial, and just to the east of Mills-50)

--Se7en Bites (southern breakfast/brunch spot)
--MX Taco
--Stasio's (Italian deli)
--Pom Pom's Teahouse & Sandwiches
--Beefy King (Orlando institution, but limited hours)
--Gringos Locos (tacos)

I've been to every one of these spots, they are all well-worth the recommendation.

@TheOriginalCane ohhhh so now we're strictly going local okay then. Good food is still good food but okay I will put a local flavor on the new list.

Miller's Ale house is a Florida based sports bar chain with good food.

The whiskey (on restaurant row)

The Pharmacy (restaurant row - west Sandlake Road) (pricey but a gastro experience)

I agree 100% on Seven Bites (is good comfort food) (Milk District east of downtown)

Taijuan Flats (casual Tex Mex Dining) any location. Don't forget to try the various hot sauces.

melao bakery (Latin Casual dining/comfort food - brush up your Spanish, an FYI the line is often out the door because everything is good) (on OBT just south of the 528 expressway interchange with FLA Turnpike)

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back