Where is everyone located?

Advertisement
You in touch with him? He was amazing, so many injuries he ended up having his leg amputated. A true warrior.

I don't think he really became a superstar until he went to the Raiders and concentrated on being a center.

Another player, Fred Iden, was our good friend and he lived in CA and kept in touch with Otto who, at the time, had retired from football but worked in some capacity with the Raiders and he & Al Davis were really good friends. You are correct in that he was a good player @ Miami, but became a superstar with the Raiders. We only kept in touch thru Fred Iden.

Are the games on satellite? I was in Ireland about 10 years ago & couldn't find anywhere to watch American college football; thus, stop vacationing during football season.
You can get 2-3 games each Saturday on the UK version of ESPN, but 1 at a time and subject to popularity....So you can subscribe oline to ESPN3 for about £100 and get the majority, but often our early in the season the games on ACC Network are not shown..... BT Sports now also seem to showing a game each weekend

Advertisement
Currently in Indiana, but I'm a truck driver. That changes day to day.

Born in Pahokee, FL, raised in Okeechobee, FL.

Visiting my wife’s best friend and her family in Columbus OH the weekend of the Miami at Toledo game. You driving up for it?

Unfortunately, the friends husband who I am friends with, is an Ohio State fan and I will be going to their game later on that night....

Yeah I'm driving up for the Toledo game. The only time I've been to the Shoe is for our 2010 game with them. Sucks that you can't make it to Toledo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Born and raised Smithtown Long Island. Then Palm Beach Gardens...Melbourne...Montgomery AL and now Athens GA

You knew Rabbi Kronish?

There was a drugstore across 41st street where we used to go to the soda fountain. This was late 50's, early '60's. I think there was a little bridge that took 41st street to the area where My. Sinai and Nautilus we're. If you turned right after the bridge, there was a little restaurant called "Jimmy's Just a Hobby."

BS was right across the street from North Beach Elementary, wasn't it?

I remember a Lums on 41st St. There were several other drug stores and they all had coffee shops and soda fountains. Every drugstore did in those years

I had been away for many years and went with some people to see Deep Throat in San Francisco. Probably around '74-5. With a group of people. They were probably annoyed when I pointed out landmarks saying, "....and that's where I used to wait for the city bus coming back late from junior high." I think it was probably around 41st & Collins.
There was Coach Greenhut who taught P.E. at Nautilus in the late '50's. Probably the same guy.

Greenhut was still at Nautilus when I got there in the early 70s. So was Pete Kouchalakos. Coach Kouch used to make us run around Polo Park and he had workout sessions set up along the route. He set up curling bars with coffee cans filled with concrete as weights. I didn't mind that but if you were the last P.E. class you had to shag the weights back to the shed at the end of class.

As I posted earlier, the drug store was to the east side of North Beach right across the street, but on the north side of 41st.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back