Where in the world is Lorenzo Lingard?

When people complain Miami cant land 5 star elite players- they also need to realize it doesn't matter since Miami wouldn't utilize them anyways. Miami has one composite 5 star- Lingard and two other players who were 5 stars on at least one recruiting site: Pope and Martell. The only one playing is Pope, and he barely sees the field. Lo and Martell may not be on the roster next season.

Interesting though- if Miami ran a 4-5 wide spread, Pope would probably be putting up some crazy numbers. In Enos offense he's basically a bust.

Advertisement
Why not use him the last 3 games + bowl...........and he can still red shirt. It's hard to believe he's not ready by now.

Why not use him the last 3 games + bowl...........and he can still red shirt. It's hard to believe he's not ready by now.
Probably what they are Tryign to do, maybe they was saving him until the final 3 games to play him so he could sustain his redshirt since he’s already played in 1 game. That way he would be healthier.

I don't remember him playing in any games this year. I checked on ESPN and they show no stats for him in 2019.

I don't get the idea of redshirting him. He's a RB - they don't stay for 4 years. One good year and they bounce if the are eligible for the draft.

So weather he is a RS Sophomore next year or a True Junior, if he plays the entire year and balls, he will be gone

We will only get to see 1 full year as Lingard as a cane. Similar to Lamar Miller

Advertisement
i've watched him in practice. i don't care what anyone says, but he doesn't pass the eye test. he doesn't run the same as before. maybe it is the brace or maybe it is the injury, but there is a certain limp and hesitation to him.

I'd give him a ton of snaps against FIU. He might just need some confidence. A lot of times with serious injuries a player is thinking about it and doesn't trust his body. Will never go 100% in practice out of fear of reinjury. Only way to fix that is by giving him reps in a real game and rebuilding his confidence.

Advertisement
i've watched him in practice. i don't care what anyone says, but he doesn't pass the eye test. he doesn't run the same as before. maybe it is the brace or maybe it is the injury, but there is a certain limp and hesitation to him.
Hey man, we don’t want to hear from people that have actually watched him practice.

We want to rant and rave about his star rating and the fact that he’s not playing.

Advertisement
I'd give him a ton of snaps against FIU. He might just need some confidence. A lot of times with serious injuries a player is thinking about it and doesn't trust his body. Will never go 100% in practice out of fear of reinjury. Only way to fix that is by giving him reps in a real game and rebuilding his confidence.

Obviously way late to the party here. Unfortunately, Lo transferring is a very real possibility. What Manny said about Lo being pulled in a lot of directions by outside influences is sadly true. And I hate it for the kid. But the reality is he has a ton of people in his circle who are in his ear encouraging him to leave. I really hope he uses this redshirt and the competitor in him decides to stay, finish what he started and he has a great final 2-3 years with Miami. Time will tell

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back